Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chinese Tony Danza
Oct 30, 2007

Crappy Cat Connoisseur
Man, this thread is great. I kept forgetting to actually post in it while just following Lazerbot's story and checking out all the awesome fan art and animations, but the other comics recommended in this thread are also fantastic. All of them have a very outsider-type approach in one way or another and I'm loving it.

For some reason, all I could think of while reading Hitmen For Destiny was that it'd translate really well to the medium of a Syfy original series.

Lazerbot, if you really are reading this, thanks for the work. Your comic's a blast and I hope that you keep doing what it is you do best and never let any rear end whole trolls try and bring you down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinese Tony Danza
Oct 30, 2007

Crappy Cat Connoisseur

Zoinker posted:

Finally got around to finishing Hitmen for Destiny and holy poo poo is this brilliant! Especially the ending. I was completely blown away by Jymre's gambit near the end.

The part that got me the most about it was when we discover the whole reason he put his and everyone else around him's lives in incredible danger time and time again, trying to change destiny in his favor, was all because he wanted to impress a girl in his home world because he felt like she deserved better than him, a minimum wage worker living with his mother.

visceril posted:

The thing with Hitmen for Destiny is that a web comic probably wasn't the best medium for the story, but it really is one hell of a story. The author has a talent for writing, but not art.

To stay on-topic, I would say that lazerbot is better at art because it's more affecting (intentionally or not), though both are in the "lovely mspaint" tier

This much I'll agree on. Hitmen's monster designs were well thought out, but the art left a lot to be desired. At least Tails gets trolled has art that by itself elicits some sort of response.

Chinese Tony Danza fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Mar 23, 2012

Chinese Tony Danza
Oct 30, 2007

Crappy Cat Connoisseur

TwoPair posted:

Tough to say. Sonic runs at around the speed of sound, but Roadrunner moves at the speed of comedy, which is to say, he moves precisely fast enough to make a chump out of Coyote. Which is why I really wanna see how Knuckles and Shadow took him out.

I want to imagine they did it just like Gary Busey took out that biker in Eye of the Tiger. They just stretched a steel cable across the road and pulled it tight as he ran by, chopping his head cleanly off.

Chinese Tony Danza
Oct 30, 2007

Crappy Cat Connoisseur
I will be sending the poo poo out of "happy easter" with the demented Trix rabbit on it. Everybody I know is getting that next Easter. All of them.

Chinese Tony Danza
Oct 30, 2007

Crappy Cat Connoisseur

BiggerJ posted:

I was about to suggest Pac-Man's voice in Pac-Man World 2 and 3, but then I remembered... IT exists. IT being The Amazing Adventures of Pac-Man, a strange children's story-and-songs record from 1980. Side A, Side B.

Somebody get Shmorky on the horn. As soon as the ghosts started talking, I couldn't help but imagine it as a Flash Tub. And now I have to see this happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinese Tony Danza
Oct 30, 2007

Crappy Cat Connoisseur
Obviously, Lazerbot subscribes to the Mystery Science Theater 3000 mantra: if you're wondering how they eat or breathe or other science facts, just repeat to yourself, "It's just a show; I should really just relax."