Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!

All the cool kids seem to be readings of this...thing, so, what's one more?

I think that's all of chapter one. At least, all of what was in the OP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Everdraed posted:

This is literally incredible voice work with superb recording quality, and I am having a very difficult time justifying using anything else (at least for page 2) because holy poo poo. What recording setup are you using for this?

Edit: Weird, I'm getting issues when I try to edit or use your mp3 in various applications and just seeing a few seconds of silence on media timelines, despite being able to play it back in audio players fine. Did the encode get mucked up somehow? It looks like the vbr is doing crazy things.

I can always just rerecord the wav out, but if you have another version you could chuck up that'd be awesome.

Aww, shucks, thanks everyone. As for :techno: I'm using the LAME VBR codec for all of my mp3s as of late, I'm getting vastly better audio quality than with the standard MP3PRO that came with Audition. I'd like to pretend I have a good ear for sound quality, and I have a really hard time hearing the difference between the LAME and a full .wav file. The difference, however, is like, 60 megs. But, for some reason the LAME messes up the file, it plays just fine, but, it thinks it is only 8 minutes long, although it'll play the whole 15. No idea how to fix that.

http://www.mediafire.com/?cxie6jscsiq91nm

Here, I went and just stuck the full wav on mediafire.

I'll do the other chapters as soon as I can!

Maybe by then I can figure out how to not get Audition/LAME to not scramble my mp3s.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

HandsomeMrFooFoo posted:

Also, Aramek I can't seem to download the .wav file and I want it so badly to playback for my own enjoyment.
It might just be a Mediafire thing, I tested the download at work and the .wav came through fine, all horrible 70 megs of it.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

All of the awesome art in this thread only reinforces how lousy I am at it. Fantastic job GGA.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Those videos were amazing. Great job, both of you!

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Hey guys, sorry I'm so late with this, but it was still a lot of fun. Plus, I finally caught up with the thread.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Lurdiak posted:

That's very close to his official voice: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Au3JeK_cdGk

Yeah, that's what I was going for, but, as I was doing the whole thing in one sitting, it was hard to match that any closer.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

As I have no idea who Silver is expect a different voice for him in each chapter. :v:

I'm making most of these up as I go, so, there's a lot of inconsistency, but, that adds to the fun of it all. :allears:

Also, the Troll King's lines so far haven't been all rapid like Mojo Jo Jo's would be, but, I think I can do a Mojo voice if you'd like. (Here's a thing I did as Mojo talking about how awesome Legend of Korra is.)

Aramek fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Apr 17, 2012

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

You know, reading how crazy this poo poo has been getting is really wracking my brain. Hearing that dialogue coming out of those characters is nothing short of... wondrous.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Rob is OP and you know it. (Rob's the boss of Story mode.)

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

ComradeCosmobot posted:

By the way Aramek, I love your voices, but I still hear the voice of Loud Howard from the Dilbert cartoon when I read Rob, rather than your crisp and clear rendition. Sorry! :kiddo:

Wow, I had forgotten about that character. That's actually pretty close thematically, isn't it?

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

TokenTrevor posted:

Coyote's incredible sense of calm is pretty creepy for someone who just woke up to strings coming out of their hands. Pretty smart too, since he seems to know exactly what they do!

"Wile E. Coyote. Genius." As he hands out his business cards. From the Chuck Jones cartoons where he talked and all that.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Hallgerd posted:

Title of documentary, thirty years from now, investigating the TGT phenomenon.

I'd throw on my best Bill Curtis and narrate the hell out of that. :allears:

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

They're getting harder! :negative:

(I'm looking forward to this one, such a cliffhanger! Plus, I'll do the Mojo Jo-Jo thing for the Troll Leader.)

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

That emote has a lot of uses outside of here, though, and doesn't scream "TGT Thread!" Like, if you were in Games and someone was being unreasonable, one could use it in the place of "Friend, it would be to the benefit of everyone if you would kindly calm yourself for the time being."

Fake edit: So y'all can just :chillpill: 'bout the :chillpill: .

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Tacostein posted:

Hey Aramek, how's chapter three coming along?

There's a, uh, different kind of "three" that's been distracting me. :negative:

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Tacostein posted:

hardcore mode.

Dumb rear end will learn.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Sorry I've been gone and not taking part in all the awesome discussions going on about this little old comic here. Work and real life have been kickin' my rear end, but, that's no excuse.

http://soundcloud.com/aramek/tails-gets-trolled-ch-3

I hope to, one day, be able to get these out faster and better.

Aramek fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Jun 5, 2012

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

I've uploaded it a few times, resaved, and uploaded again, and, for some reason, the mp3 just isn't taking. I even saved an .ogg and tindeck won't play it.

http://soundcloud.com/aramek/tails-gets-trolled-ch-3

Stuck it on soundcloud instead.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

I Am Not Steve posted:

Oh wow, I'd forgotten that Shadow was the one who killed both Bugs and Daffy.

Each chapter is so increasingly that we forget what happened in the one prior.

My Sonic scream at the end took 5 takes. Not for any recording issues, but because I'd start laughing half way through. In fact, the whole thing is like that. There's always at least one spot in each one so far where my almost-laugh was good enough to leave in. In Chapter 3, there was one spot, in Chapter 1? I think there were 4.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Grope-A-Matic posted:

Holy poo poo Aramek. Do you do voice work professionally?

Nah, just a hobby. And it isn't so much "voice work" more like "making noise in front of a microphone."

I think I have a pretty good audio setup (I think it sounds pretty warm and clean) I just hate editing is all. If I had a dude that just, like, lived in my booth and all he did was editing I'd get a lot more done.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Tacostein posted:

Seth Macfarlane.

Exactly 10 years older than me to the day, and a gazillionare. :negative:

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Girafro posted:

And what the hell will "Cheeto man" teach him about, cheese?

Perhaps the greatest lesson of self-understanding; that the state of his own very being, one that is analogous to the very nature of what it is to be akin to cheese itself, and how, paralleling the challenge and conflict they now face and are thusly preparing for, it can be accurately, and, perhaps optimistically, thought of as persistently difficult.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

I'm so excited to see Knuckles again, you have no idea.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Pretend that I posted the :allears: emote, but, it was, like, 500x500.

Because that's how I feel.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

well i hope you are hungry be=>
cus i am gonna ram my fist into
your stomach and break your go=>
d drat spine ,

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

JazzFlight posted:

No way, I think he could totally pull off Tails Gets Trolled if each character was changed slightly enough to avoid copyright infringement. Hell, the characters are already off-model looking already, they would just need different names.

And here's the way to do it! :v:

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Or Professor E. Gadd. :science:

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

He then vomited fire all over them.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Yay, it's out! Can't wait to watch it when I get home! :allears:

e: Best one yet. Truly great song choices and editing.

Aramek fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Jul 2, 2012

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

JazzFlight, tell me what to say and I'll record any and all "we'll be right back" messages if you wanna make more fake commercial bumpers. That was so awesome and unexpected. :allears:

"And now back to more Tails Gets Trolled..." "I fuckin' knew it."

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

^ Ditto.

Who is talking in that slate grey panel near the end? Hello Kitty still, and it is just an artistic pan/flashback thing?

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Does Spyro talk? And if not, how should he sound?

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Hearing Gottfried say "FISTING!" has made this a wonderful morning.

e: I caught a bit of the stream last night, and your Kermit is fantastic. Mine sounds a little bit more like Ernie, but the speech pattern you have for him is just dead on.

Aramek fucked around with this message at 12:29 on Jul 12, 2012

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

The utter lack of apostrophes in the word "I'm" is both my favourite and most hated part of this comic. :v:

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Just got back from a trip to Chicago, and the two best presents ever awaited me.

I love being a part of this thread.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Space-Bird posted:

I immediately heard the voice over FX for the rocket boots too. It just fits..so perfectly. FWGWOOOOOOOOOO

All the dumb sfx is half the fun! :v:

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

All I hear is this dead silence/heartbeat sound during all that. :ohdear: This is tragic.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

I'm hoping it goes down like this but a lot more sad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

I certainly find myself awfully jealous over how damned artistic all y'all are. :allears: Great job Stottie.