Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

visceril
Feb 24, 2008

PalmTreeFun posted:

I like how Sonic is this manifestation of how he views advice from wiser people (probably his parents) on how to deal with people being assholes, but then in action, Sonic is how he attempted to handle situations where people teased him.

:goonsay:
so, what you're saying is that Tails is the weak larval stage, Sonic the chrysalis, and Shadow is the ideal form?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
Dude.

What were you thinking?

visceril
Feb 24, 2008

VietAssRapeFuckBros posted:

If I remember correctly, a colt is a young male horse. Sorry, but I'm not about to study GIS'd horse dicks for 10+ minutes to figure out how colt and full grown horse dicks differ.
you know you have to do this, right? You have to redo your drawing to capture both the essence of trolls and colts. Use this excellent post as a reference guide:

quote:

traditional ink wash paintings seek not to reproduce the specific details of their subjects but to capture its soul. a successful ink wash painting embodies that which it depicts through a minimum of mark-making. only that which is necessary to the essense is described on paper. to depict the goat man i must enter the goatman. i must understand what makes the goatman the goatman. what does it mean to be goatass.

knowing this i studied my subject and meditated on its essence before attempting my painting.
:nws:http://i28.tinypic.com/zxjlo5.jpg:nws:

my cat looked on disgusted

finally i was struck with the essence of goatse. as i stared into the horrible abyss of his elastic anus... something...something stared back at me.

not wanting to waste this moment of clarity i quickly but carefully assembled my supplies and prepared my workspace.

my efforts were rewarded and i stared down at a lovingly painted image of goatse rising from the mists above mt fuji.

satisfied with its execution i hung it in a place of honor so that i could meditate over it and contemplate what i had done this day.

oh yes. the ring? well perhaps youve been told the tale of the ancient sumi-e painter who in decorating a temple neglected to paint the pupils on a dragon. when his patron asked him why he did this the painter informed him that he had so expertly captured the essence of the dragon that if he were to finish the pupils the dragon would come to life. the patron was unconvinced and demanded he finish the painting. when the artist added the pupils the dragon sprung to life, leaped of the wall, and flew into the sky. thats why there is no ring.

visceril fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Feb 24, 2012

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
To the people looking for Morning Mist: Goatse Over Mt. Fuji, it was made by lf exile notcatfish before fyad invaded. You can find the original thread with archives. IIRC, :siren:prints were made:siren:

visceril
Feb 24, 2008

Wojtek posted:

If he quits, we could finish it. The ultimate gently caress you to trolls is having them become you. It's all so obvious.
THE DIE IS CAST!!

Say hello to the next Zybourne Clock

visceril
Feb 24, 2008

Stottie Kyek posted:

Shoot him down? I don't know much about the Sonic universe, does Shadow have some kind of special powers, or is he actually packing heat in this comic?
did you not see the page where Shadow literally shoots bugs and daffy in the head with his gun?

visceril
Feb 24, 2008

CURATOR OF ANIME posted:

I hope Mario has something in his bag to being Sonic Daffy back to life :ohdear:
nah, man. Leave Daffy where he is. He's in a better place now, and was clearly happy about going there.

visceril
Feb 24, 2008

Nunez posted:

Aww. Too bad he didn't decide to make Yoshi talk. I thought he'd come up and say something like, "Whattup fags?" and then constantly talk poo poo about The Hulk or something.
that would make yoshi a troll and Mario is in the business of slaiying trolls not being one

You talentless noob why do I have to explain this poo poo to you is it because you were too busy watching your slut mom get banged by me and my bros?

visceril
Feb 24, 2008

Manic Mailman posted:

I miss no ears guy.
we all do, Mm, we all do. But he doesn't have loving ears, so he didn't hear the Awesome Plan and didn't know where to go. He's probably just chilling out at Troll Slaiyers HQ

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
The thing with Hitmen for Destiny is that a web comic probably wasn't the best medium for the story, but it really is one hell of a story. The author has a talent for writing, but not art.

To stay on-topic, I would say that lazerbot is better at art because it's more affecting (intentionally or not), though both are in the "lovely mspaint" tier

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
I don't remember who called it exactly, but someone totally called lazerbot writing Blaze in a much better light than most other webcomic people would. Plus he seems to consistently draw her better than the other characters.

Also, nthing the love for Team Silver. The best part about the shotgun line is that Rob's reaction would've been the same even if he had some loving ears

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
Rob is looking pretty last-standish over there...I think he's gonna go down, but in the biggest blaze of glory yet.

visceril
Feb 24, 2008

withheldmcfakename posted:

So, is Knuckles in the Troll Slaiyers now? I think he's the only significant character who's alive and not neatly tucked into a faction by this point.
Knuckles is Shadow's bro; he goes where Shadow goes.

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
You know, I was thinking about the story and factions thus far, and realized that there is only one true conclusion to this story: the Defenders, Troll Slaiyers, Silver Gang, and the Troll Kingdom all unite to stop Mario. This is a part of Mario's master plan to bring peace to the world by unifying everyone against a single enemy.

Mario is Adrian Veidt.

visceril
Feb 24, 2008

ff7cid posted:

That 7th panel. Luigi whispering into Mario's ear. It's...it's beautiful.
Luigi is looking pretty Abe in that panel, like he's whispering "yaranaika?"

visceril
Feb 24, 2008

Antivehicular posted:

I actually sort of want that "nascar" shirt, embarrassingly enough. It has a sort of amazing dada quality about it, which I guess fits for TGT.
could you imagine if TGT becomes one of the bigger web comics and starts merchandising?

Imagine using a kanen to take out some ks'ing troll and then spraying your Troll Slaiyers tag over his dead body. Then you laugh and high shovel your bros over vent, dust your cheetos fingers off on your nascar shirt, kiss your troll king figure for good luck, and get back to the game while trying to avoid looking at tails' 1000 yard stare from your TGT wall scroll.

Later to celebrate killing them trolls you light up a blunt rolled from official knuckles rolling paper.

The best day ever...

visceril
Feb 24, 2008

NutritiousSnack posted:

It might have, just because we didn't see it didn't mean it didn't happen. This might all be part of Mario's plan in fact.
after all, where's yoshi?

visceril
Feb 24, 2008

Wandering Knitter posted:

Hey there only other person who loved 12oz Mouse buddy. :(:hf::(

They tried a web show but it completely fizzled after one episode. Well, at least nothing can ever take away the feeling of staying up till 4am watching a marathon and realizing there was a plot.
I think I watched a part of one episode (maybe the first) and absolutely hated it.

Superjail supremacy.

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
Am I the only one who's really digging the Mario backstory?

I think the intentional humor and artwork had all been improving since page 1, and this latest arc is evidence of that. Young Mario is probably the best-drawn character in the comic

visceril
Feb 24, 2008

Baronjutter posted:

I found the scene of mario batting his parents to death quite disturbing. Sometimes I almost forget that lazerbot is clearly disturbed.
calm down. Just because Mario is hosed up doesn't mean his creator is.

If characters were always a reflection of the author, then people like George rr Martin and Stephen King would be in supermax prison right now.

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
Shadow is the anti-hero. Dumbass will learn that villains isn't the answer and that Soniv was right all along about them trolls, or dumbass will face a tragic end.

Sonic is the tragic hero, who succumbed to temptation and betrayed his own philosophy. His downfall lead to his death, but his redemption may still be possible.

Tails, who at first seemed like nothing more than a side character, is the True Hero, who is on a Joseph Campbell hero's journey. After training with his mentors, Pac-man and the Defenders, he will be reborn and obtain both the power to avenge himself and his friends but also redemption for Sonic and everyone else in the TGT universe.

Interestingly, both Mario and the Troll King are tragic villains. Both were the victims of a cruel world and both became villains to right the wrongs they saw in the world. What's even more interesting is that Mario's descent into villainy is caused directly by them trolls. The message is that King Troll's vengeance against the world has done nothing but create a vicious cycle of villains. Luigi is just like his brother, though perhaps even more tragic because of how gentle he seemed to be before meeting Kario.

Silver and Fudd both represent what can happen when the rest of us accept them trolls and their ways. Silver was able to move through the Troll City peacefully and even gained allies because he partook in their culture instead of shunning them or using villains. Likewise, Fudd went from loving retarded to amazing and happy because he enjoyed trolling so much. Their arc has only just started, so it's hard to say how their themes will develop.

Daffy and Bugs represent the innocent ones that get caught in the crossfire between two sides that use villains and won't just have sex with their girlfriends so they won't be so mad.

visceril
Feb 24, 2008

Monicro posted:

Well don't blue-ball us, what's your analysis of pacman? :colbert:
Pacman is ultimately a mentor figure for Tails. His backstory proves that even when confronted with the villainous death of his friends and loved ones, he never went down the path of villains. He held onto his ideals and virtue and only sought to bring his friends back to life. It is true that Pacman did form a group dedicating to fighting trolls, but purely in a defensive way (hence the name), as opposed to the villainous ways of Shadow and Mario.

I'm sure that if each of the Defenders that Tails trains with is given a backstory, each one will, like Pacman, be given the choice to join the cycle of villains and each one will refuse. Perhaps the most famous Defender, Bat -> Man, is emblematic of this. Though faced with a seemingly hopeless situation, he knows that if he kills his enemies it would open the door to a ruthless future far worse than anything the Joker or Ras Al-Ghul would unleash.

visceril
Feb 24, 2008

Zoinker posted:

Back on topic: Visceril; what's your take on Rob?
Rob represents us in the TGT universe. When he was first introduced, he was just a normal human in a universe of magic and superpowers. Like us, at first he was confused by his surroundings and didn't understand what was going on.

Eventually he--and we--began to understand the TGT universe, as evidenced by him following Silver and understanding his plan in spite of not having any loving ears.

Rob being revealed as a Dragonborn is Lazerbot's gesture to us that we--the readers and his fans--have become an active part of the story. We've influenced the comic many times before that point, most notably in the troll fight. Lazerbot loves his fans, and so he made their character in his story awesome.

visceril
Feb 24, 2008

Mr. Bonky posted:

No, it's funny.
I used to watch a lot of adult swim, and I have only ever laughed once at Tim and Eric. Only once. Every other time it was banal and annoying on the verge of being painful.

There's a reason it's only got a 15 minute runtime.

Fake edit: it was the first time I saw the shrimp and white wine brothers, because I know douches like that IRL.

Actual edit: gently caress you troll t(-_-t)

visceril fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Apr 7, 2012

visceril
Feb 24, 2008

No-Jokes Feynman posted:

Tim and Eric write the Old Spice commercials
Oh, so they wrote those stupid ones with the really muscly guy. That makes so much sense.

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
Hey, I dont want to drag on this derail but I felt the need to post this so y'all didn't think I was some heartless troll.

I get that absurdity => humor. I find things that are absurd funny--for example Goofy being sent to hell for planning 9/11 because "that's what they get for supporting Israel A'HYUCK!" in Family Guy. I also appreciate that Tim and Eric have a talent for coming up with absurdities.

However, what I think turns me off is their style and delivery. I have a strong aversion to the crappy 80s/90s effects that they use. Its like nails on a chalkboard to me whenever they mess up/mix up someone's voice with a synthesizer. And I'm not saying they don't have delivery: just that it doesn't work for me. I often feel myself confused, and then a few moments later realizing "oh, that was the joke", or vice-versa.

The biggest problem I have with their show, though, is that it's live action. When something absurd and ridiculous happens in a cartoon, I can accept it. Live-action T&E just seem like idiots when they act like cartoon characters.

Again, sorry if I offend you. I'm not trying to disparage you or Tim and Eric, I'm just trying to explain why I don't like their humor.

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
Earlier I posited that Mario would be an Ozymandias figure and unite the world against him. It now seems that my prediction was wrong.

Unfortunately, it appears Mario will be another tragic figure, consumed by his rage and pain. Just like Captain Ahab, his White Whale (and pursuit of it) will destroy him.

It seems now that there are two possible saviors in this world: Tails, taught to reject villains and reborn to redeem the soul of his closest friend, and Silver & Elmer, who have befriended and learned to accept them trolls.

Perhaps Tails will become a Christ figure and face temptations before making his sacrifice: facing the Troll King and refusing to fight back. Silver and Fudd will be his final mentors, and help him face the temptation to use villains.

The people insulting Lazerbot ITT are completely off-base. Not only does he have indisputable talent for comedy and writing an engaging narrative, his art is showing consistent improvement and he does appear to be writing a story with an overarching theme.

Maybe right now he's a little goofy, but with time and/or a good teacher he has the potential to go far. Calling him an autistic trainwreck is not only typical goon threadshitting, it's completely false.

visceril
Feb 24, 2008

Schwarzwald posted:

While I appreciate his art, I imagine Lazerbot the person is actually quite intolerable around Easter. He just doesn't have any taste for peeps or bunnies.
This made me smile.

Fake edit: lazerbot is so deeply immersed in this story about christ's true message of non villains and turning the other cheek that he would never celebrate a co-opted pagan holiday.

visceril
Feb 24, 2008

JazzFlight posted:

All I really want to see right now besides a new page are some photos of that alleged TGT cosplay at PAX East. Come on, internet! Don't let me down now!
I bet it was some trolls. The only description we have is "Fudd wearin the troll mask".

That guy isn't a true TGT fan unless he has a second cock and a sack with duck and wabbit

visceril
Feb 24, 2008

Lurdiak posted:

As long as nobody starts "ironically" shipping the characters and drawing creepy fanart of their favorite couples, I think we're good.
Translation: Please please PLEASE write and Elmer/Troll King fanfic!! It will be so ho---ho-hi-larious. Yes...

visceril
Feb 24, 2008

Tweek posted:

Wait a minute, did we see the Troll King remove Luigi's head or something? Did we see his son do schticky to Luigi's body?

What I'm saying is how do we know Luigi is really dead? Mario said Luigi followed the plan perfectly. If following the plan perfectly results in you dying, it's a lovely plan.
I believe silver overheard emo troll talking about how creeped out he is by Troll Son doing schticky to Luigi's body. It was so disturbing he ha to smoke his cigarette backwards for maximum nicotine (I know it doesn't work that way)

Troll Son rape count:
Sonic
Luigi
Porkchop

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
This is more intense/tragic than Vegeta vs. Freeza

visceril
Feb 24, 2008

Stottie Kyek posted:

it's remarkable how well you capture the spirit and style of the original. Only thing is that the eyes aren't unsettling enough, but that's hardly a complaint

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
Yeah, this isn't nearly as entertaining as the past fights have been. LB has been picking up some bad habits from anime :-(

visceril
Feb 24, 2008

Sleekly posted:

For my two cents reading this fight in one sitting as opposed to waiting for each page like this would be a totally different experience.

Marios powers are flashing before our eyes like his life must be before his. I'm loving it.
you know, I think you're right. No matter how awesome a comic is, the when update schedule lags people start getting bored.

I remember when I was growing up the pacing of DBZ fights wasn't what pissed me off the most: it was that they would restart the entire series in the middle of the fight and we'd be back on the road to Namek. For years

visceril
Feb 24, 2008

Myrdhale posted:

Please elaborate on the Alan Moore statement. I am not doubting the voracity of it, merely wondering how exactly he did this, and how I may find amusement in such a fact.
Thoughs words

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
Oh.

My.

GOOOOOOOOOOODDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just stopped playing through Doom 3 nightmare mode before looking at this thread. Holy gently caress. Someone needs to make Fudd mods for Doom

visceril
Feb 24, 2008

ZuljinRaynor posted:

When Fudd put his hands together, I instantly thought of Fullmetal Alchemist.
congrats on spoiling Cheeto=>
=>Man's power

visceril
Feb 24, 2008

JazzFlight posted:

Actually, not to ruin anyone's ideas that Fudd is a completely original character or a D&D-style "necromancer" or anything, but I think Lazerbot's basing Fudd off of Sasori from Naruto:
http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Sasori
http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Puppet_Technique
http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Human_Puppet

He basically does the same puppeteering of corpses with energy strings coming off each finger.
you just revealed that you know enough about naruto to recognize a technique from it: trap sprung.

According to the images in the link the guy in naruto didn't have satanic marks on his hands, so it seems more like the D&D necromancy to me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
Daffy wasn't lobotomized. In Bugs's memories he's got the same glassy-eyed face by default. He's just high as poo poo on Knuckle's smart weed.

All the trolls did was beat the poo poo out of him (and possibly Troll Son did schticky to him)