Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

James Trickington
Apr 23, 2008

bbf2 posted:

Am I the only one who noticed that he confused the word "violence" and "villains?"

He confused a lot of words. "after words" was probably meant to be "Afterwards," and "a fended" was probably intended as "offended".

It's like Columbine eight years in the making. I don't know if it would be worse to find this as a parent, or find it as a classmate. This thin veil of video game characters doesn't separate his fantasy when the hunting knives and decapitations start.

If the trolls were characterized as Robotnik or Koopa, it wouldn't be quite as damning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

James Trickington
Apr 23, 2008

Krabsworth posted:

Oh comeon this kid is defiantly harm less.

What if he's in a colt.

Edit: this Asperchu thing is incredible. I think I found what to do at work on Monday.

James Trickington fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Feb 18, 2012

James Trickington
Apr 23, 2008
The shovel was great, but "steal me a brisk and some corn dogs" is too great a phrase to wallow in internet obscurity.

James Trickington
Apr 23, 2008
Why is Luigi "the sissy"?

James Trickington
Apr 23, 2008
I wonder what he thought Magnum Opus meant. Oh well high shovel.
edit: That youtube. :stonk:

James Trickington fucked around with this message at 14:26 on Feb 19, 2012

James Trickington
Apr 23, 2008
It was "Sonic decapitating actual classmate" that went past the threshold, but seeing the rest of his work kind of muddles it. Now he just looks like a kid raised by X-Box Live.

I'm 29, guess I missed out on all that.
:stare:

James Trickington
Apr 23, 2008

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

part of me is seriously concerned this dude is going to go out and actually kill someone.
If you watch his youtube video, it's less concerning.

James Trickington
Apr 23, 2008

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND posted:

This was on his DA too, it's possibly the worst thing I have ever seen.

Im not thumbnailing it because gently caress you
This was on page 2, you left out that it's titled "lukie doodoo human portrait". Me, I would've gone with Magic Eye Mugshot or something kitsch but there's a certain grace with the original.

James Trickington
Apr 23, 2008

saig posted:

I seriously still think this is a troll in itself; the entire persona/existence of lazerbot is someone pranking the poo poo out of the internet.

If this is the case, they're incredibly thorough. Part of me suspects it's someone's little brother being propped up to do this work without critical thinking. The other part of me is just high-shovelin' through these good times, should of stole me some corn dogs.

edit: I love that somebody changed the thread title as per his request. :frogbon:

James Trickington fucked around with this message at 12:51 on Feb 20, 2012

James Trickington
Apr 23, 2008

squeegee posted:

This is the best thing ever. I don't even care if it's sincere or not. It's like Bart the General in comic form. I really shouldn't be reading this at work because I have to keep pretending to cough to cover up laughing.

I had to navigate away earlier. Even now it's a struggle. And I'm with Skirth, his youtube videos cannot be oversold.

James Trickington
Apr 23, 2008

PhysicsFrenzy posted:

Jesus, the plot twists. They're astoundingly well executed.

With Mario's latent hostility, I'm getting a strong Plutonian from Irredeemable vibe.
edit:

Friends Are Evil posted:

I spent entirely too much time on this.

It paid off in spades.

James Trickington fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Feb 20, 2012

James Trickington
Apr 23, 2008

lazerbot posted:

I guess nobody noticed this yet:
I think a lot of us have and are still trying to make sense of it. His only coherent desire is for tea with the OP, the rest of us are poo poo outta luck.

James Trickington
Apr 23, 2008

Friends Are Evil posted:

I sprung for that neverbe found avatar from a little while back. Thanks, whoever made it!

God drat, that is priceless. I keep hearing it with that Flanders "Nothing at all!" effect.

The only note I have for highshovel is they should pause for a beat or two at the end. This may also be a symptom of having seen a lot of 80s movies, so I dunno.

James Trickington
Apr 23, 2008

Lurdiak posted:

I did that too.

Well done.

:siren: We all pray Lazerbot gonna steal him a brisk and a mouse. :siren:

James Trickington
Apr 23, 2008
Episode 9 is still my favorite :colbert:
(Although the wizard bit was comedy gold alone. It kind of upstaged the rest of the episode that way.)

If only we could get him a mouse in a completely anonymous way (as per the rules of no RL stalking). I just want him to get a mouse, I need my fix.

(Edit: I missed this "Mermaid Shelly" incident - google leaves me at mermaidshelly.com. Is this the thing? There's a mermaid with a katana.)

James Trickington fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Feb 21, 2012

James Trickington
Apr 23, 2008

Everdraed posted:

My response:

they shoul
d of sent
a powet.

LethalGeek posted:

Anyone live nearby who's got the experience to fix this? We can't let it end this way! :cry:

Someone mentioned Tempe, this is ASU heartland. If 4,000 college students can't fix a simple mouse problem, then this world isn't good enough for Sonic & Friends Get Trolled.
(Post-tangent, I found the Shelly thing on the Gold Mine page. That was incredible.)

E: vvvv The Cyrillic made me revisit that Eastern European B^U video.

James Trickington fucked around with this message at 13:53 on Feb 22, 2012

James Trickington
Apr 23, 2008
Thank God. I knew it'd be only a matter of time.

b-b-but will Tails survive being napped? :ohdear:

James Trickington
Apr 23, 2008

Cuckoo posted:

I truly believe he's real because there are people out there like this.

Came to post this - I think lazerbot's personality is naturally like this. These people aren't just on the internet, you can find 'em anywhere. They're really outward, and enjoy aimless, indulgent conflict as entertainment.

readingatwork posted:

He's either being genuine and is a genius or he's faking it and is a completely different kind of genius. Either way humanity wins.
Exactly. This is why the fan art works. It stylizes how industrious and vulgar this comic is. Doesn't matter if it's trolling or genuine inspiration.

Upon discovering this thread, he took some inexplicable screens and requested the thread's title be changed. That was his priority. I doubt the comic's gonna take a major turn.

James Trickington
Apr 23, 2008
Of all casual racist history in comics, Lazerbot completely undershoots with the black Green Lantern confusion.

There's no middle to what I think about that, but it ends with, "He should branch out into more than just video game troll comics."

Edit: This has been argued to death on the internet, but I can't find through GIS that wall of facebook posts which rage over Hal Jordan being "changed" to white.

James Trickington fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Feb 24, 2012

James Trickington
Apr 23, 2008

Chernabog posted:

This isn't getting enough love.

The various Fudds are deserving of their love.

The best thing about lazerbot, besides his groundbreaking artistry, command of the English language, talent with story structure, and his work ethic, is that he wants no money. It's like trying to praise Confucius.

James Trickington
Apr 23, 2008
Ed Gein, for once, is the most context-appropriate personality to appear with beloved woodland cartoons.

I'm warming up to the last supper image - Shadow flipping off (Bugs?) and Sonic's Despair Over Stolen Brisk are the highlights. I'll admit though, I was hoping for stolen corndogs scattered everywhere. Maybe they haven't started the meal yet!
v:shobon:v

James Trickington fucked around with this message at 13:45 on Feb 26, 2012

James Trickington
Apr 23, 2008

Three-Phase posted:

Did you see the new videos? He's going farther and farther off the deep end every month.

I did catch some recent Chris-chan videos and I think that recent arrest is taking its toll on him. When it comes to him though, I can only peek through those cobwebs once every six months or so. It gets to be too much, any more frequently than that.

As far as lazerbot goes, goons might not have ruined this. He probably would've wandered away from the comic anyhow. Kids aren't usually committed to the product of their time-frittering nonsense.

R.I.P. sonic
and fiends,
you're carma
was just
to good.

James Trickington
Apr 23, 2008

simplefish posted:

LazerBot if you do read this, it's okay to tell us you just don't want to do it any more.

Exactly. We can't take the not knowing. Is it us? You can say if it's us. I mean, everyone always says "It's not you, it's me," but I want you to be honest with us.

We had some good times, didn't we? High shoveling over stolen corn dogs and brisk, introducing the Hulk spontaneously into a script that didn't really have a place for him, coming up with brilliant ways to deflect trolls...

Just tell us. Is it over? Forever?

James Trickington
Apr 23, 2008
Oh God, seeing this thread with 108 new replies made my day. Great snag, NoneSuch.

Wrist Watch posted:

ahahah bowser you can
try all you want but
your nothing but a fail!!

:allears:
That panel with Mario's "Hahaha" is incredible.

James Trickington
Apr 23, 2008

FPzero posted:

Goddamn it, now I need to find a good Shadow picture to go with

DONT gently caress
WITH ME rear end
whole

This looks goddamn perfect, seriously.
MEAN
WHILE
I love that he doesn't "get" asterisk censorship.

edit:

NutritiousSnack posted:

"WHAT'S YOUR POWER? I DON'T HAVE ANY loving EARS" :smug:
So glad I didn't read this at work.

James Trickington
Apr 23, 2008

Slime posted:

Someone needs to make a mod that lets you reply to any conversation with "WHAT? I'VE GOT NO loving EARS!"

Or, anything someone has said in this comic.

Mo Tzu posted:

I disagree, I think lazerbot has a grand tapestry in his head. Like a good storyteller he appreciates our appreciation, and he might add in some things to make us happy, but for the most part this is his story.

Seriously if it's still great after this long, his awareness of us clearly isn't a problem. I do hope ED stays restrained though.

those fu<-
<-king
c***unts,

James Trickington fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Mar 30, 2012

James Trickington
Apr 23, 2008

SlothBear posted:

Trying to be a badass while wearing a giant shoe. Oh, Mario. If only someone had given the King Troll a list of all of his attacks. :allears:

he has alot of power's
mean
while

uwaeve posted:

On behaf of ever=>
yone in this thread,
let me just say

If I had to single out a goon contribution from this thread, animated Shadow flipping off is my favorite. It's a drat tough call though, goons have really come through in this thread.
:allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

James Trickington
Apr 23, 2008

El Belmondo posted:

You're one out of a million. :master:

God drat I love lazerbot.