Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND posted:

We can never be as real as his preexisting fanbase.

http://roninhunt0987.deviantart.com/

I was born On May 2, 1990 and was later on diagnosed with Autism/Auspergers Syndrome during the year of 1993 which was of course the same year when the Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog which was of course the first cartoon series in the 1990's and also the same year of course when sonic the hedgehog 3 for the SEGA Genesis and also the first time when Knuckles The Echidna was finally been created and was born into both the game and cartoon series of sonic the hedgehog...

He's faking too! Sonic 3 wasn't released until 1994 and Knuckles never made an appearance on the cartoons (neither Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog NOR Sonic the Hedgehog (the abc series which was dubbed SatAM by fans(but not by me because I'm certainly not a fan))) until the broadcast of Sonic the Hedgehog: The Movie (technically an OVA) in Japan, which was later released direct to video in North America in 1999. Knuckles also made an appearance in Sonic Underground the same year, although Tails did not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

Dresh posted:

Best thing about Dark Sonic, here's the clip where he shows up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtvplkXKSaY

That's it. That's the entirety of his appearance in the series and he never comes up again, yet the Sonic fandom is obsessed with him.

Plus Nazo could totally kick his rear end.

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

TontoCorazon posted:

For me this thread is the greatest not because of the original material but for fan art. Lets be honest the comic is pretty insane and this kid definitely needs some psychiatric help.

I disagree. I think a lot of the panels are funny on their own and the fanart just dilutes them. For example:

This panel tells you everything you need to know about how Tails feels. The humor comes from how seriously he's taking the insult. It's simple and to the point.

This however,

isn't nearly as effective. Just what am I supposed to be laughing at exactly? The humor is lost in the details. Instead of focusing on his overall facial expression, it gives excessive attention to anatomical minutiae.

The best pieces of fanart are the ones that don't directly reconstruct the comic, like the John the Baptist one, although technically it should have been Sonic holding his own head. Actually that's the only one I can think of off hand.

Also, he's not crazy, he's making it bad on purpose. There are too many hints of self awareness like the "not looking gay to the viewers" comment, and the spelling and grammar errors are too numerous and too consistent to be real, no matter how old he really is.

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

Above Our Own posted:

Your sense of humor is broken. Both panels are funny by themselves, your weird analysis is really embarrassing to be frank.

If having standards is embarrassing, then I'm Christian Chandler.

PalmTreeFun posted:

Is that Michael Rosen?

Ivan the Terrible.

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

100Dachshunds posted:

One more before bed, this time 'inspired by' a tragic scene.

How can he hear? he
dont
have
loving
ears

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

Schwarzwald posted:

quote:

Sonic the Hedgehog attracts the dumbest loving fans, did anybody find a real reason behind why this is?

It was discussed briefly earlier in the thread.

quote:

quote:

Sonic and his animal buddies are all drawn with extremely exaggerated expressions. If you're the kind of person who has trouble picking up on non-verbal communication such as eye-contact and facial expressions, then the fact that Sonic has huge eyes and amplified emotions might make him easier to identify with than other people.
This is indeed it. It's the same reason why so many autistic kids love the hell out of Thomas the Tank Engine.

EDIT: That combined with the fact that when you're ten, Sonic comes across as the coolest loving thing in the world.

I suspect the reasons why My Little Pony is so popular are similar. There must be a direct correlation between characters' eye size and the intensity of a fandom.

Stottie Kyek posted:

I was diagnosed with Asperger's in my early teens. The psychiatrist was not at all surprised to hear that I loved the poo poo out of Thomas the Tank Engine when I was little. I still have a set of the die-cast toys of the first ten trains somewhere in the attic. :3:

I was never massively into animes or anime figures like Sonic,

You're missing out dude.

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

Yoshi Jjang posted:

You know, if there are two major things in life that would define my entire childhood, it would be Nintendo and Nickelodeon. Yoshi's introduction was pretty intense, but I think I'm going to laugh, weep silently, and then laugh again once he starts introducing characters from shows like Rocko's Modern Life, Rugrats, or The Angry Beavers.
Lazerbot, you deserve all the stars in the sky. :negative:

Oh! And could you just imagine if Slimer surfs in on a wave of ectocooler, drowning all the trolls and he's all like "COWABUNGA DUDES!" and tosses everyone a box of ectocooler?! That would pretty much validate my existence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

Rirse posted:

Otherwords, don't bring in someone just because they did something funny off site, as it will only result in bans.

Someone actually bought deadmau5 an account (iirc he wasn't quite as famous at the time) but he stopped posting entirely after he got a day's probation for text speak.