Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Isn't Mario older than Pac-Man?

And whoever suggested Hitmen For Destiny a few pages ago: I love you, I've been reading it for hours with an unbelieving smile forged into my face.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Corridor posted:

I spent way the gently caress too long reading about halfway through these all in one sitting. I linked an internet friend who was about to log off, and hours later he was still online doing the same drat thing.

I read it in two sittings, it really is a marvel. I've finished it some hours ago and I still have an incredulous smile.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

razorrozar7 posted:

That wouldn't really fit for Hitmen, though. It's good in spite of the art, but that was seriously one of the most well-written stories I have ever read in any medium. The characters were well fleshed out and very rarely

I'm going to stop gushing before I contribute to a derail. I think we just need a thread.

There is absolutely not a single thing in Hitmen For Destiny or Accidental Space Spy that I don't want to steal for my RPGs.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

I saw that there was a fuckload of new posts and my heart fluttered with hope like the dove upon the sunset, an update, the miracle of Lazerbot's creation graces the land once again!

Then I realized Blizzard ruined everything.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Imagine if he had posted this just before the hiatus.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

I read Shadow's parting comment as "im going to wall gently caress you guys" and that didn't seem at all out of place.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Vogon Poet posted:

Perhaps even if it wasn't intentional, Lazerbot made the connection on a subconscious level.

Lazerbot is a prophet drawing from God's own tongue, he knows not what he does, yet the divine does.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

I am genuinely in love with the TGT Mythos. LB & Bro truly are the voice of our generation.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

I know people mentioned it before, but I really like Garry's mask's design.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

And then Silver and the neutrals show up and kill both of them.

On an unrelated note, I was playing Sonic Generations with my little sister and when Shadow shows up she insists on calling him a she even after I correct her, because "she looks like a girl".

Yep, we are growing our own troll here.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Hitmen for Destiny is absolutely the best loving thing once you get past the art, and then it grows on you, and then you get to "Passion, Lies and Fungus" and you realize that you are living in the very best age of humanity.

Accidental Space Spy is cool too, even though it doesn't have the likes of Vorte and Fusk, but the crazy evolutionary logic going on in each world makes up for it.

I shamelessly rip-off stuff from both for my RPG games.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Calico Heart posted:

Is Accidental Space Spy still going? Because I'm actually afraid of the possibility of having to read something like Hitmen For Destiny in a page-a-day format.

Reading Sisters, Lies and Wives now. Every drat page has me holding my breath

Yeah, it's still going, but don't worry about a page-a-day format, because he updates every two days!

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

I'd say the thing that gets me the most about Hitmen for Destiny and Accidental Space Spy is that Thorsby's writing is puzzle-based action with fantastical rules that are introduced in a logical and clear manner, and he even manages to write interesting characters into that.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Mystic_Squid posted:

I read Hitmen for Destiny when it was brought up long ago in this thread, and just caught up to Accidental Space Spy. How often does this guy update? Regularly enough to give it it's own thread? Because I love both of these stories so, so much and I love reading peoples' reactions to Hitmen for Destiny in particular. Everyone who hasn't read them, it's a great way to get through this Tails Gets Trolled drought.

Yeah, it'd probably be a good idea and give the comic a greater audience, which is always a good thing.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

I'm on the case.

Edit: There you go.

ZearothK fucked around with this message at 10:27 on Sep 16, 2012

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

That's one nightmare fuel, alright.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Bloodly posted:

I swear to god I've SEEN that thing before, but where? Why do I wanna say Zelda?

Looks like a demon-skeleton-facehugger to me.

Edit: Demonic Facehugging-Skeleton?

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Okay, now we can begin the real fight.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

simplefish posted:

This would be a great point to move the narrative elsewhere. Powerful conclusion to an epic battle.

Except next comic will be Garry taking over Demaro's body with their combined powers and a shout of "gently caress YOU human being".

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

I am having a really lovely day and that still managed to make me laugh with genuine gaiety.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Air Julio posted:

Yeah I've been trying to be reasonable, but there are too many people egging him on.

So much bitterness for not affording 10 bucks to sit with the cool kids.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

I guess the real fight will be between Coyote and the Eye-Demon after he trounces Demaro.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Chapter 15. Part 1.

The longest chapter.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Teemo probably paid to get out of death earlier or something. That's a thing in LoL, right?

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

ThatPazuzu posted:

You just don't understand my fur filled gently caress!!

drat, I've got to use this line someday.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

If I ever end up teaching art classes I'll take Tails Gets Trolled and just show it to any and all my underachieving students who think they will never get better. Because seriously, this is a prime example of an artist developing his art through practice and persistence, it is motivational as gently caress.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Considering the evidence so far, I'm inclined to believe the Defenders are all illusions created by someone who's not very sure of what Batman looks like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Personally I thought he was a genius when he killed Rob, because it was such a bold thing for an author to do. Comic just hasn't been the same for me since he retconned it.