Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Please, brothers and sisters. Let's all come together and agree that Delocated is far worse than Tim and Eric.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Don't fret about there not being a new page today. It's Easter Sunday. Hardly the appropriate day of the year for villains.

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Mywhatacleanturtle posted:

All of this. All of this just because some guy called Tails a fag.

That oughtta teach you what kind of damage that word can do. :smug:

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

stegoceras posted:

I just marathoned this thread instead of studying, and now 'Tails Gets Trolled' is stuck in my head and I can't concentrate at all because I want to know what happens next. Dammit.

It's holding me over while waiting for Breaking Bad season 5. I'm serious.

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Bonsai Superstar posted:

It is hard to explain to people without sounding like an idiot. I did get one coworker to give me the benefit of the doubt and check it out, which is impressive since he's still pissed at me drunkenly introducing him to Sonichu a while back.

God I hope he doesn't think I'm a closet furry :ohdear:

Don't be a troll to your friends. He might use villains.

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

This is the most entertaining thing on the internet and it comes out so slowly.

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

You guys need to stop saying those horrible things about anime right now. :colbert: It's art, you philistines.

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

JazzFlight posted:

I just hope this doesn't cut exposure for the thread too much. This thread already goes on life support every time lazerbot takes a break. I still want this crazy thing to hit it even bigger on the internet.

It got a page on Know Your Meme if that makes you feel any better.

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Is there a word for a mary sue villain? Because he's really starting to look like a mary sue villain.

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

When playing cops and robbers or whatever with my friends when I was a kid and I shot them with bullets they suddenly proclaimed they had bullet-proof vests. Of course, I retaliated by saying I had bullet-proof vest piercing bullets, and the cycle went on in an endless spiral of half-assed rebuttals and imaginary one-upmanship.

This feels like that.

Well, clearly we need to just chill our pills and let lazerbot's genius 'splain it all.

edit: Oh, no. Actually Troll King is a villain God Mode Sue! "God Mode Sue is so powerful because he or she often gets new powers as the plot demands"

Speedboat Jones fucked around with this message at 08:21 on Apr 17, 2012

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Another brilliant entry into the motion comic of Tails Gets Trolled.

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

I shall invoke the Intentional Fallacy. A classic example of this is when J.R.R. Tolkien said that Lord of the Rings had nothing to do with world war 2 and was not influenced by it in any way. Which is bullshit, because Tolkien was mailing drafts of the books to his son in the army.

Lazerbot can say his comic is nothing like DBZ, but it's very clear that his fight scenes (especially Mario vs. King Troll) are inspired by it and anime like it. The author's intent is not the end-all word on his work.

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Lazerbot's obviously a guy who's seen some action anime and played a ton of video games Even the chaos emerald super sonic stuff is just a different flavor of Dragon Ball Z. The idea that it's not at all like Dragon Ball just because he says it isn't is pretty silly. Also, I'm not seriously putting him in the same ranks as Tolkien. It was kind of a joke to apply college lit classroom speak to a 20-year-old's deviantart comic.

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

It shouldn't be a joke. Ten years from now when Universal is adapting this into a movie, people will remember it was us who took it seriously.

It would be a breakthrough in international copyright law. All these intellectual properties under one roof, and their owners all just come together in spite of who gets paid or not, because the soul of this work of art is what's really important. :911:

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

nerdbot posted:

There is a clear anime inspiration, but I think Lazerbot believes we're saying that the comic directly rips from DBZ rather than just being "inspired". Which it isn't; the fights are completely original and not really ripping off any famous anime fights. They're just anime fights in and of themselves.

Ok, I get this. Given how he is I can see that he might not know the difference between inspiration and theft.

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Calico Heart posted:

I literally had no idea what this meant at first, for some reason I just assumed he was misspelling "chord".

my dog is in my
band and he
is the gittar
player. were cal->
led troll canen

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

These last couple pages have been absolute poo poo for avatar potential. :colbert:

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Light Gun Man posted:

So guys what genre of video game do you think could best capture the magic of TGT?

2D brawler? VS Fighting? Perhaps Tails Gets Trolled Tactics, the strategy RPG?

Clearly it would have to be a kind of Super Smash Bros. game with a story adventure mode.

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Simmerl posted:

Maybe Mario will counter-troll the Troll King by making rude comments about his wife or something?

What else could hurt that guy?

You can't harm trolling with more trolling :colbert:

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

And don't forget:

"i wouldn't have kids if unprotected sex wasn't awesome."
"they don't even have a door on there back door"
"i come from a group that is called the troll's the saying trolls be trollin is from there"

and so many more.

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

This is awesome. Lazerbot has fans and loves them.

MagnusGman on dA posted:

Well you got me back into making comics. To get the ole' blood flowing again, I did my own version of one of your newer pages! It's messy and not perfect, but I'm tired, and it's late >_>.
Loving the comic!

Lazerbot posted:

nice job.

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

This has been the best day off of school ever. I lost count of how many pages of this gold have come out in the last 24 hours.

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Archenteron posted:

I'm bummed that Fudd didn't say "Wise fwom youw gwave" when he brought them back, but only slightly. Blood satan necromancy is perfectly fine.

This is the funniest thing I've heard all day. I can just imagine Bugs and Daffy in a remake of Altered Beast now. Kinda hoping Lazerbot has played other Sega games besides Sonic now. :allears:

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Batman lerned that villains is the anser.

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

I just got to thinking the other day, we actually now have a Sonic fan comic that isn't unilaterally poo poo on by the entire internet. Blazesonic/Sonic2007/His-World1225 and Chrischan must be jealous as hell.

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

I love it. This is the best panel.

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

I like how blush elevates through the skin and even the hair of Wile E, Tom, and Sylvester's faces.

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Schwarzwald posted:

Shallow, I think.

No, it's cholo. Lowriders are coming to the comic.

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

XkyRauh posted:

He never exhales!

The constant intake of smoke to lungs. I wonder if he smokes pot like too in TGT when he's off-panel.

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Not Joanna Dark, Perfect Dark. Nobody better correct him.

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Relax, it really just looks like a fan page.

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

"I will give you one full day with this power to decide if you shall keep it or not."

What a safe and convenient deal with a demon this sounds like!

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Smoking smart weed, no villains, canans, stopping the trolls with gayness. Sounds like just what Florida needs!

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

The best avatar that's come from this thread is Batman's amorphous noggin.

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Hallgerd posted:

Pre-fight speech: "WHAT?"

Instead of the typical "Hyaa!" and "Uff!" noises that VAs make to play when the characters get hit or throw punches, Rob's are all going to be "What?!" and "Huh!?"

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

How it should sound when somebody plays Rob:

Huh?! Huh?! H-H-Huh?! What?! IDON'THAVEFUCKINGEARS! Huh?!

I'm thinking that on some kind of special move he'll say "I don't have loving ears", but in true fighting game VO fashion, it'll have to be really rushed so just imagine somebody saying it really fast over and over like a guy spamming shoryukens in Street Fighter.

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

I'd be ok with just using preexisting MUGEN sprites if the voices can be redone. "Neverbe found", "Smart weed", and "gently caress you trolls" need to be in the TGT fighting game.

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

I really love how these guys just so conveniently know about their new demon powers. Just "Oh hey, poo poo on my hands, I have demon powers now."

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Data Graham posted:

Now now, don't rag on them.

You're awful. :rimshot:

And I thought "chill your pill" was what Lazerbot told somebody on deviantart when they complained about the Mario and King Troll fight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

It's ok, goons. Come into my TGT simulation zone. All you need to do is pay me some money, and my simulation experts will simulate a new TGT strip for you.