Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

Cuckoo posted:

I truly believe he's real because there are people out there like this. I knew someone who's train of thought literally sounded almost exactly like the way Sonic and friends are talking. Repeated himself like 4 times after saying something, weirdly obsessed with being TOTALLY NOT HOMO GUYS, had the understanding of romance that a 12 year old does. Not even graduating into the Nice Guy jocks-and-bitches "understanding" socially off types usually get, as in flat out zero idea about relationships aside from "girls are pretty". He was also totally obsessed with one or two subjects and it was difficult to ever steer the conversation away from anything else. Still struggling to get his GED, too. Oh, and he was in his mid 20s. Genuinely nice guy though, I felt bad for him.

I'm pretty sure people like that have a case of mild autism or something along those lines.

He's either being genuine and is a genius or he's faking it and is a completely different kind of genius. Either way humanity wins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

Everdraed posted:

Yeah, I like sneaking in silly references when I can, it's delicious chicken fat. Also, using these sort of projects to practice random things like particles (each drop realistically darkens the grass!!) and linking audio amplitude through expressions to promote the beat (like for the sun, the tears and background in the second panel, etc) is pretty fun.

Do you by any chance have any tutorials on how you do your stuff? I'd love to read them.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
I did it. I read the whole thing. I love this insane comic so much.

Genuinely kind of blown away by the heel turn of Cheeto Man/the defenders. I spent a good chunk of the comic going "wow, our team of heroes are kind of unstable dicks" so the twist actually worked pretty well for me.

Also dayum the guest art on some of those coyote fight pages was good.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
Buying this explicitly because it's only a matter of time before the copyright gods strike it down and it becomes an ultra-rare collectors item.