Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zoinker
Jan 18, 2009
:siren:NEW PAGE:siren:

drat it, I should check on GBS more frequently. This is the most terribly fascinating thing I have witnessed in a long time.

Don't know why, but this killed me. Might make it into an avatar if I can get the word bubble out of the way first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoinker
Jan 18, 2009

Psalmanazar posted:

Can someone copy the picture here? I don't want to get an account for there.

Here ya go

Zoinker
Jan 18, 2009

Everdraed posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGrprj9D1QI&hd=1
Finished the first page, hurray!

Well done! Some great voices here, especially for Shadow. As I said before these are a lot of work so no idea when I'll start the next page, but I'll probably look through the different voices that are posted and pick whichever single recording for each line is funniest, since consistency just fetters silliness.

you
are
godlike

I wish I could get my microphone to work again. I wouldn't mind snagging a part should this whole thing take off.

Zoinker
Jan 18, 2009

aptronym posted:

Another update already!

Why the heck is his mouth bleeding? Did he accidentally bite the inside of his cheek when he got his arm cut hammered off?

Zoinker
Jan 18, 2009

Saddr Weirdr posted:

Hitmen For Destiny

What the gently caress am I reading? :psyduck:

Zoinker
Jan 18, 2009
Finally got around to finishing Hitmen for Destiny and holy poo poo is this brilliant! Especially the ending. I was completely blown away by Jymre's gambit near the end. I feel if this guy got in touch with a good artist and a decent proofreader he could be churning out gold.

Burnsaber posted:

Sorry don't know. It wasn't swedish or finnish, if that helps. I don't know a single word of norwegian, so it might be that.

EDIT: I just kind of found it funny this norwegian person (literally) demonized my whole language. It's cool though, finnish is the odd man out in the nordic languages (it has ural roots instead other nordic languages), so I'm not mad or anything.

EDIT EDIT: gently caress, I just realized I don't have a clue about scandinavia (and I live there!). The words might even be Danish or Icelandic. And I just had to check what language they speak in Iceland. I'd probably flunk elementary school geography now. I'm a poor scandic person :negative:

I guess this comic gives us all something to reflect on.

It's definitely not Icelandic and I'm pretty sure it's not Danish either. Most likely it's just some random gibberish with some Norwegian words thrown in for good measure.

Zoinker
Jan 18, 2009

rubbe posted:

Made this.

Alternative

These are great! I hope you don't mind, but edited them slightly to add transparency:

Zoinker
Jan 18, 2009

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Oh my god, the movie within the comic about the plot of the comic. Maybe Hitmen for Destiny does need its own topic, it's better than tails gets trolled.

Too bad it's already completed, though we could always talk about his still ongoing space-spy one.

Maybe we need a 'Good Bad Webcomics' megathread in BSS, where we post and discuss all the :effort: mspaint comics that somehow manage to be entertaining in spite of themselves.

Zoinker
Jan 18, 2009
Man. For a second there I mistook Elmer in the 10th panel for a hot-dog with a troll-mask and thought nothing of it. This comic is seriously warping my perception of normality!

Zoinker
Jan 18, 2009
Autismal is my new favourite word!

Zoinker
Jan 18, 2009

Radiapathy posted:

Just this.

Am I the only one getting a strong Chris Pine vibe from this panel?

Zoinker
Jan 18, 2009

Defiance Industries posted:

The fact that he never ends the Joker always bothered me. Like, after the fifteenth time he escapes, those dead people become Batman's fault.

Heck! I can sort of understand Batman not killing him, but the fact that no one else has boggles me, considering the untold number of people he should realistically have royally pissed off. A Batman concept I would like to see would involve the Joker simply being gunned down by a relative of one of his random victims, just some nobody with a gun and a grudge, and the rest of the story would then explore the aftermath of that.

Back on topic: Visceril; what's your take on Rob?

Zoinker
Jan 18, 2009
i keep my word and i will kill you like i said
killing me? thats impossible for anyone

Once again, Lazerbot delivers!

Anyway, I made the following lovely thing as an excuse to muck around in Gimp, in case anyone wants to snag it.

Zoinker fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Apr 12, 2012

Zoinker
Jan 18, 2009

PalmTreeFun posted:

I'd love to see a fan version of the whole comic where the art, spelling, and grammar is decent/good throughout the whole thing just for shits and giggles. Or just one chapter.

Part of me wants to see this as well, but I worry that the magic would be lost in the transition.

Zoinker
Jan 18, 2009
Ya know, I never pretended this comic didn't have a boatload of problems, but that gun in the fourth-to-last panel is just straight giving me a headache!

Zoinker
Jan 18, 2009
The. gently caress?

I just love his expression in the last panel, that look of quiet resignation. As if he was hoping against hope that he wouldn't have to resort to his Demonic Blood-Magic. But now he knows better. His friend's lives will only be saved at the cost of his eternal soul. And once the deed is done and while his very essence is being torn out of his mortal coil by the specters of the nine hells, he bids his cherished companions a final farewell with a forlorn smile on his face.

"Eawn it, you guise. Eawn it."

Zoinker
Jan 18, 2009

visceril posted:

By the way, I think Troll Son is the only one that rapes people. Most of the other trolls appear to be in monogamous homosexual relationships.

Now that I think about it, there are more gay people in this comic than heterosexuals...

Come to think of it, have we ever seen any female trolls in the comic?

Zoinker
Jan 18, 2009

EndOfTheWorld posted:

You forget that Tails has Batman and Sifu Cheeto Man to teach him the art of Troll Slaying.

Batman doesn't really do the whole slaying thing though, unless we're talking early golden era or Tim Burton's Batman.

Zoinker
Jan 18, 2009
Trolls are a
cowardly and
superstiti <=
ous lots!

Zoinker
Jan 18, 2009
"well thats hosed up"
-Silver. Telling the loving truth.

Zoinker
Jan 18, 2009

Calico Heart posted:

Do you guys ever wonder how Lazey b is going to feel fifteen years down the line? Seriously, how does it effect a person to look back, see they created Tails Gets Trolled and know that hundreds of people read and enjoyed it?

That's a pretty horrifying prospect, come to think of it; that no matter how much he improves as an author or an artist down the line, nothing he creates will ever outshine his insane mspaint revenge fantasy fanfic in popularity. This is his magnum opus, the one thing everyone will remember him for, and it came far too early in his career.

Zoinker
Jan 18, 2009

spregalia posted:

I disagree with this. This is just a fallacious appeal to ignorance. You're assuming that there's no possibility his future work could actually be better. Without seeing the future work (and its reception), it's impossible to make this statement.

I didn't say better, I meant more popular. I'm 100% confident that with sufficient study and practice Lazerbot can leverage his innate abilities as a storyteller to create something of objectively much greater quality than TGT, but that doesn't mean he'll have an easy time moving away from his first success and establishing himself as something else than "the guy who made 'Tails Gets Trolled'".

Of course, I still hope I'm wrong and that the whole thing gives Lazerbot enough confidence to nurture his talent and make even greater things.

Zoinker
Jan 18, 2009
I did it because I had to...

what is
going
on?
what is
this?
ahhh...

Zoinker
Jan 18, 2009

A Retardet Horse posted:

Can I call dibs on this?

Be my guest. ;)

Zoinker
Jan 18, 2009
"Did I just wander into a satanic coven and receive necromantic powers from a demon while drunk off my gourd? It seems hard to believe."

Zoinker
Jan 18, 2009

Calico Heart posted:

Just came to say this.

Guys, what are we going to do when TGT is over? We'll tear each other to pieces! I'm going to lose the only stable thing in my life.

Badger Lazerbot for a sequel?

Zoinker
Jan 18, 2009

Hellsau posted:

They're from opposing cartoon studios, Sylvester from Warner Bros. and Tom from MGM. Lazerbot cares about these things, I'm sure.

Aren't both owned by warner these days though?

Zoinker
Jan 18, 2009

Silas the Mariner posted:

Yeah in my preview it looked like the carriage worked. Strange. gently caress it, I don't mind spending another $5 on a forum I've got literally thousands of hours of enjoyment from :)

It actually shows up for me (unless you've already spent the :5bux: to fix it).

Anyway, I'd love to buy the tag, but I'm afraid that as soon as I do, something awesome will pop up to finally convince me to retire old He-Man

Zoinker fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Jun 4, 2012

Zoinker
Jan 18, 2009
Oh, sorry. I thought you meant the tag didn't show up. Yeah, it seems to cover the text from my end as well.

Zoinker
Jan 18, 2009
Watch out, Knuckles. Shadow is ANGRY!

Seriously! This whole page is an avatar goldmine!

Zoinker
Jan 18, 2009

Miles posted:

IM READY LIKE HELL RIGHT NOW!!

I can not wait to hear Aramek's rendition of that line.

EDIT: Also, that last motion-comic part finally convinced me to change my avatar and get tagged, so good job guys!

Zoinker fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Jul 16, 2012

Zoinker
Jan 18, 2009
At first I didn't realize those were meant to be rocket boots. I thought Shadow had managed flight by ejecting streams of blood through his soles.

Somehow, that didn't really seem out of place to me.

Zoinker
Jan 18, 2009

Tagichatn posted:

There was also the guy whose mind was turned completely to poop by TGT and he posted some weird fanart with goatse. If you read his posts in this thread, he became increasingly unhinged by the majesty of TGT.

Then there was VietAssRapeFuckBros, who posted that weird "Troll Colt" piece of fanart. Unless we're talking about the same thing.

Zoinker
Jan 18, 2009
David Defalco's Gangland, Starring Costas Mandylor with appearances from Coolio and Ice-T (before they get killed off in the obviously tacked on prologue) deserves a mention.

My favorite moment.

Fake edit: Get well soon, LazerBot's computer!

Zoinker
Jan 18, 2009
The way his lips are drawn, I can't help but see Donkey Kong as sporting a John Waters' style pencil creep-stache.

Zoinker
Jan 18, 2009

Suzuki Method posted:

:siren: E: I told Lazerbot about contacting DeviantART and he doesn't really know how to. If someone here has a dA account (I don't) and knows how to talk to a dA administrator or something about a compromised account that you own, drop Lazerbot a line. :siren:

taken from the DeviantArt Faq. Hope this helps.

Zoinker
Jan 18, 2009
The shape made me think of Aquaman villain Black Manta.

Zoinker
Jan 18, 2009
I know we're not supposed to give mr. Imposter any more attention, but it looks like someone forgot to tell that to Lazerbot himself:

Trolled by the guy you're trying to troll. Good job guy! :thumbsup:

Zoinker
Jan 18, 2009
Wile E. Coyote seems pretty interested in Rob all of a sudden...

He's gonna try to kill him and eat his brain, isn't he? :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoinker
Jan 18, 2009

ClownSyndrome posted:

What if the troll king has flash cards set up? Do the words work if you read them?

"WHAAAT? I NEVER LEARNED HOW TO loving READ!"