Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Backweb
Feb 14, 2009

I've been following this since page one, but had no desire to post until now. Chapter 3 got boring, but it's picking up with all of these amazing twists. I've been inspired to make some interpretive fanart of Rob myself. Sorry that it's MS Paint.

Textless version:
http://imgur.com/MoVwu

HI LAZERBOT!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Backweb
Feb 14, 2009

I miss Teemo so much right now already. Let us memorialize him. With MS Paint.

Alt: http://imgur.com/1KLhG

Backweb fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Apr 3, 2012

Backweb
Feb 14, 2009

Douche Wolf 89 posted:

Seriously guys, don't track down every detail of Lazerbot's life please, I don't care. I just want to read his silly comic. And if you do feel like you need to know more about him, you are super weird.

I agree with this statement. Praising "lazerbot" online leads to awesome comic strips. Searching for other aspects of lazerbot online will most likely put an end to the fun (look at CWC/Sonichu).

I was really hesitant to give lazerbot praise at first. Chapter 3 got really dull and boring, and figured that the first 2 chapters were a sort of "a stopped clock is right twice a day" thing. These last 2 chapters, including stunning revelations and twists have had me on the edge of my seat for days now.

I love you Lazerbot. I hope you liked my fanart :allears:

Backweb
Feb 14, 2009

E: /\/\/\Death happens alot get use to it/\/\/\

God I hope Lazerbot is on spring break or something like that. He's churning out top-quality material at an amazing pace.

*bat to the face*
hahah trolls be trollin

Should somebody tell Lazerbot he forgot to write "nascar" on Kario's shirt? :ohdear:

Backweb
Feb 14, 2009

FrenchToasty posted:

RIP Kario.

From now on whenever I play a Mario game, I'll see his speech style as the crazed ramblings of a parent killer.

"It's a me! Okie dokie! Ya-hoooooooo!"

Puts a new perspective on his depressed cries of "Mama mia!" whenever he loses.

Backweb
Feb 14, 2009

It's probably just coincidence, but I'm amused that the Italians are the most Machiavellian here. I mean, even when killing their parents, they know it's for the greater good.

Backweb
Feb 14, 2009

Can we take this derail to the Adult Swim forums where it belongs? Or at least move the derail to Debate and Discussion?

Lazerbot, who reads this thread, might stop updating if suddenly our praise turns into a Tim and Eric flame war.

E: I thought that all the new posts this evening were because Lazerbot made a new page. I have my opinions of Tim and Eric but I'm keeping my mouth shut because
OPINIONS ON TI->
M AND ERIC DO'NT
BELONG IN A THR
->EAD THIS GLORIOUS.

Backweb fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Apr 7, 2012

Backweb
Feb 14, 2009

I was passing through Boston on Saturday and happened to be able to briefly meet up with an old college buddy of mine who lives in the area. We spent about 3 hours discussing Tails Gets Trolled.

Like, legit debating you might find on a TGT Wiki (which needs to get made):
-How would tails return to save the day?
-Why was Kario named Kario and not some other generic Italian name like Giuseppe?
-What incredibly deep psychological complex did Mario's mom have for that lifestyle?
-Where can we score some "smart weed?"
-How were some characters geniuses and others dumb as poo poo?
-Will the three splintered groups come together or fight each other?

The entire time we were laughing about it like idiots. Lazerbot has brought us amazing things. Greatest among them, community.

God bless you, Lazerbot :patriot:

Backweb
Feb 14, 2009

The MSJ posted:

Get ready. It's look like the next chapter will see the return of our favourites.

I can't tell if he's really bad at perspective, or if Mario and Elmer are supposed to be smaller than Shadow and Silver. Either way, I love it.

Tails Gets Trolled is my daily routine. I don't care about any of the other threads I have bookmarked, I don't go to my daily/weekly webcomics anymore. It's just the Tails Gets Trolled thread all day every day forever. :f5:

Backweb
Feb 14, 2009

Unnamed underbite troll was my favorite of the trolls. :smith:

Lazerbot, if you're reading this, you're writing pure gold here man. You're able to make me feel for these characters. I am actually sad that the unnamed underbite troll died. Bravo, sir. :golfclap:

Edit: Why is it that whenever someone dies, someone else always comes out as being gay for the departed? I'm seeing it happen a lot, with the smaller trolls.

Backweb
Feb 14, 2009

Rob is seriously my favorite character. I love how if you put yourself in his place, it appears that he's just hanging out with these guys, kicking rear end, etc. without really knowing what's going on... he just knows what he's supposed to do :c00lbert:

dipwood posted:

im gonna
teach you
the fine
art of
hand to
hand
combat

Can I claim this as an avatar? It's just too perfect.

Backweb
Feb 14, 2009

ZuljinRaynor posted:

So, all the villains in Batman are actually good guys but all the good guys were actually villains?

Were they all actually good guys though? I figured it was Alfred being an even bigger version of Ra's al Ghul with all of the authority figures and family members under his control... like a vast conspiracy to keep Bruce Wayne/Batman feeling down. Perfect mass trolling in Gotham. The other villians were probably just small-time trolls getting in on the action to piss Batman off...

The more I think about it, Alfred probably bullied the Wayne parents into hiring him in the house. It was probably a horribly abusive relationship. What a mastermind.

Also, thanks for the avatar dipwood!

Backweb
Feb 14, 2009

Keith Stack posted:

He clearly looks like a giant thumb.

I know exactly what I'm doing every day forever at work from now on.

Backweb
Feb 14, 2009

Girafro posted:

This is absolute truth right here. I tried to explain it to my youngest brother last night and he just gave me blank stares the entire time. I don't think any amount of time on the internet prepares someone for this, never mind hearing about it second hand.

Last Sunday I tried explaining this to the chef I work with at my weekend job. He's a middle-aged goofball who's usually on top of internet memes. I was trying as hard as I could to explain it.

Best I could muster was:
- In the Lazerbverse Trolls are IRL insulting cartoon characters.
- Cartoon characters try to defeat the trolls through peace/violence
- Troll king appears. Half of them die around this point for various reasons
- Rob, the greatest character ever, has no ears but knows exactly the right time to say "what?" and when there's trouble.
- Bugs and Daffy are secretly gay lovers who get murdered for getting in the way
- Splinter group consisting of Elmer Fudd become pseudo-trolls
- Elmer Fudd is actually a necromancer who reanimates Bugs and Daffy to do his bidding

He looks at me and responds with "Wait... DeviantArt? Where people draw all those lovely pictures?"

I'm like "YES!" :dance: and realize what I just responded with. I regain my composure and continue, "But this is different. It's the only thing of DA quality that you WANT to see more of."

I'm gonna give him a tinyurl of the imgur photo album link that's now in the OP on Saturday.

Backweb
Feb 14, 2009

/\/\/\ I can also see Bill and Boomhauer doing to Bobby/Connie/Joseph what those two random trolls did to tails on the first page. Though Bill could also be a potential victim.

Col. Justice posted:

I love watching everyone's avatars slowly turning to TGT as time goes by.

Same here. The problem is that there are so many different characters I'm worried that people may not know they're all from the same source. If only gang tags were allowed again... I'd lobby hard for one that said "Troll Slaiyers" :allears:

Backweb fucked around with this message at 12:56 on May 2, 2012

Backweb
Feb 14, 2009

I think they were chosen based on who drank the blood... just a guess.

I love how the dark lord obviously wasn't paying attention to the attendees he was handing out power to. He had several drunk, high "bros" (seriously, that's what they are) just walk on in, who hadn't heard of him at all, and just gave them the powers cos they wanted to get wasted.

Zoinker posted:

This is amazing. Amazing amazing amazing. I love the amount of avatars this comic is creating. They're so far apart, random, and unrelated that I'm always worried people won't realize the lovely MS Paint-esque drawings are all related.

Also, who's to say Porky dies? Did I misread something? I'm assuming he's gonna be the new leader of the cult.

Backweb
Feb 14, 2009

Sleekly posted:

It's going to be the biggest AH HA moment for someone who has noticed the avatars before they find this thread. I almost envy them, but at this point in the game I've become a thrall to Tails trolling tale and can't imagine not knowing about it and checking the thread daily.

I agree. This thread has become the only thing I'm checking regularly anymore. The PYF Macro thread, CAD Mock thread, Dominic Deegan mock thread, Strange Fanart thread... I've let them go by the wayside for the past week or so. But TGT? Before work and before bed.

nexus6 posted:

Does anybody regret grabbing a TGT avatar too soon? They keep getting better.

I do to a certain degree. I hope Batman isn't another "took a dump and a nap all day" throwaway, but will have some hilarious stuff happen.

The way the comic/thread is going, I feel like I should have taken a Loony Tunes avatar, but I'm sure it'll swing way back the other way soon. This is exactly why I wish we could do gang tags still.

Backweb
Feb 14, 2009

Lazerbot must have studied writing and storytelling. He's just too good at his pacing, jokes, nuances, and remembering when to reintroduce concepts touched upon.

I like to think of Lazerbot as the internet's version of Lady Gaga: A Jewish Illuminati conspiracy that rose from the artistic underground who was sent to tear down bullying and trolls through mass-media.

Backweb
Feb 14, 2009

Jackie D posted:

I'm glad to find out I'm not the only one doing this.

Lazerbot has a ton of awesome folk-isms, if I could call them that.

I work at a restaurant on the weekends that has a ton of neurotic servers. I've been tempted to tell them, "cool your vag" on a number of occasions, but it's probably not good for business.

... soon.

Backweb
Feb 14, 2009

Nilbop posted:

I hope pastor Rapcore Mario and pastor Elaborate Soul Patch make a reappearance, though.

I'm hoping and praying that Rapcore Mario is actually Mario's dad, Kario, before the drugs and whatnot. The resemblance is too uncanny given the amount of backstory LB has given his characters.

What's the timeframe of this flash back? I'd love to see Father Kario turn to drugs and trolling because of the neutral's.

Backweb
Feb 14, 2009

Shageletic posted:

Or alta-vista. Netscape!

They give instructions on how to set your browser icon to be a basketball on netscape...

Sorry to add to a potential derail, but why is this www2? I'm so confused :psyduck:

Backweb
Feb 14, 2009

El Belmondo posted:

Finally back to silver's group. Couldn't imagine myself saying that before this comic, huh.
poo poo is going to get real. :rock:

Score! We're back to more Fud and Rob. Right where the story needs to be.

I really hope we see Batman training tails for at least a full page. I want my avatar to be worth it.

Backweb
Feb 14, 2009

I'm mostly a lurker of this thread these days, and I hate to say that I glossed over most of the dialogue in the filler cos I couldn't be arsed to focus on jpeg artifacted word bubbles.

That said I joyously celebrate the return of our favorite troll. Honestly I hope Lazerbot goes completely stereotypical-anime-flashback with the filler and shows us that Bite Under Troll gains his own demonic powers that allows him to come back from the dead later on as his fully-sentient self... And teams up with Emler Fud. :allears:

I love the look of consternation on the fat troll. Dude seriously is improving his facial expressions.

Backweb
Feb 14, 2009

spanky the dolphin posted:

I think I know what happens next.

Nice comic! I love the style.

At first I thought they were fighting on top of batman's head before I scrolled down ...and since LB has crammed so much stuff into his comic I can't say I'd be surprised if that was the case.

Backweb
Feb 14, 2009

Blue head troll was my favorite so far because he had a bit of a contemporary David Bowie look going for him... Now I'm beginning to feel sad.

I love how he was talking about killing off random mooks because they're unimportant, then he got killed off. Hasnt he learned anything about the horrible laws of nature that governed his universe?

Lazerbot is so cool. :allears:

Backweb
Feb 14, 2009

mr.capps posted:

... I am getting lighthouse from Battle Royale vibes from this and its worrying.
:allears:

I really want this to happen now. I want an end to the defenders sparked by Doug's stupidity that turns into a complete bloodbath. Only survivors are tails, pacman, hello kitty, knuckles, and Cheetoh-man.

It only seems natural for this at this point... Barring months-long fight sequences.

Backweb
Feb 14, 2009

Did Doug actually walk down the hall vomiting every three feet? That's not how vomiting fits work, but I love it :allears:

Lazerbot, I always thought Doug was a lame nobody, but you managed to take that awkwardness and make it Doug's only thing. Good job!

Backweb fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Oct 16, 2013

Backweb
Feb 14, 2009

Phlegmish posted:

I'm kind of curious to know what Shadow has been up to. It's been a while since we've seen him.

Same. What was he doing last time we saw him? It's been so long since that plot point.

Backweb
Feb 14, 2009

Georgia Peach posted:

Just a heads up from LazyB:

This is awesome. It's like reading the thoughts of a struggling artist. Some day when he's either a huge success or a convicted criminal we will look back on his persecution complex-induced writings and know we were in the presence of a man whose brainwaves existed on a completely different plane.

Backweb
Feb 14, 2009

Wrist Watch posted:

This comic has been toeing the line between "funny because it's bad" and "godawful unironic fanfiction" for a long time now, and I'm kind of glad this is latest stuff is happening because it's made me realize that I'm not really reading this because I thought it was funny anymore, I'm sitting here watching a comic depicting Spyro the dragon loving Jessie from team rocket because the sunk cost fallacy hooked me pretty loving hard.

That's not Jessie anymore :stare:

Backweb
Feb 14, 2009

Guys... Guys. This is gonna sound weird but... I never liked cheetoh man or spyro. They were both massive dicks from the start.

I'm hoping that now that we've had this build up, added tension, there are psychopaths nearby, everyone is hosed up, we've seen some boob and people are now loving, it's gonna go full-on horror style and people start dying left and right. I mean, that's the only logical conclusion right?

Backweb
Feb 14, 2009

Tails Learns Love :allears:

This story has everything... I'm loving it.

... But honestly I kinda want to see another character die soon. It's been months since we've seen some blood.

Backweb
Feb 14, 2009

Testekill posted:

Goddamn does Hello Kitty look constantly pissed off at this party.

Every party always has that one girl who wants to ruin it for other people. Hello Kitty is THAT girl.

Backweb
Feb 14, 2009

Goddamn it. 50 new posts and none of it Lazerbot related.
:negative:

Backweb
Feb 14, 2009

nerdbot posted:

I love that it's been literal years and no one ever corrected him on the character being named "Chester Cheetah" and not "Cheeto Man." He is not even a man. But frankly I would not want it any other way.

Troll spotted. Why you gotta always try to bring LB down?

Backweb
Feb 14, 2009

Phlegmish posted:

How does he have such unreliable Internet acces, is he a homeless person? Actually, that would explain a lot.

Keep in mind we've been following LB since Feb 2012, so it only seems like he's constantly losing internet access. If his family is one that moves a lot because of work (military, for example), he's gonna be having these issues. Either that or he keeps getting grounded from the computer by his parents.

Bye bye for now Lazerbot. Be safe!

Backweb
Feb 14, 2009

Goatse Master posted:

Where did Jacko come from? Is he on coyote's side or what

The MSJ posted:

The trolls all came from out of their base, probably. At least those that Silver did not cage and then stab to death. I think they are just attacking anyone they see fighting, or they know that Demaro killed his brother.

The best time to troll a troll is when they're trolling. The penultimate troll.

Kario posted:

AHAHAHAHA trolls be trollin

Backweb
Feb 14, 2009

:eyepop:
:aaa:

Backweb
Feb 14, 2009

david_a posted:

Wasn't Ronald McDonald a necromancer?

Until tonight this was a sentence I never knew could exist.

The Library of Congress collects works that are deemed culturally important and must be preserved. Nobel laureates are conferred due to contributions to humanity. We need to establish something as the anti-laureate and nominate TGT for its ability to deconstruct and reassemble cultural icons into a completely new paradigm, one that even though wrong somehow feels normal and proper. Lazerbot has somehow managed to subvert and invert our ability to recognize corporate mascots and licensed characters as a complete "other." I cannot see a bag of Cheetos the same way, and Chester Cheetah is forever "Cheeto Man," a Denzel Washington "Training Day"-esque mastermind. What American pop culture did over the course of 70-something years LB was able to dismantle and reassemble in only a short few.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Backweb
Feb 14, 2009

remembering the way porky's wife and kid died has sent me into a fit of laughter. lmao

now I'm remembering Kario being all "ah hahaha trolls be trolling" as he's getting beaten to death. lmfao.