Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Times posted:

That's a wonderful(ly horrifying) painting. Pretty inspiring though. Makes me want to dig in more to painting.

I'm kinda getting started out on deviantart myself and am trying to master classic animation characters. (And also ruin them.) If you folks would like me to do a hosed up version of something as one of my daily drawing exercises, give me a buzz. I'm all for more excuses to practice! I also love trying to learn a character model and then breaking them like crazy.

A recent sketch example - doodled these while watching 'runaway brain'

Personally, I don't think anyone 'breaks' and does hosed up versions of animation characters than a lot of the artists that work on those characters/films/shows. There's a lot of insane stuff that never gets shown outside the studios.

I think the break occurs when they start letting that stuff get out into public.

That's a great looking sketch! Do Tails getting trolled.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

It's up to Lazerbot how he reacts to his fans. I think it'd be interesting to see what nonsensical poo poo we can get added as he attempts to please us. How far will he let us compromise his artistic vision?

Either way, it's all in good fun.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

What's up with the troll masks? I've seen that face on someones car with the words "Trolloling"

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Antivehicular posted:

The "gently caress you" is great, but for some reason I'm really in love with "what the hell I'm being lifted in the air?" Maybe it's the question mark -- even Mario can't buy that this is part of his consensus reality.

Reminds me of old comic books where every action would be described while it's happening.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Forti posted:

Unless you're one of the several thousand people with that stupid spiderman in a hard hat av.

Whoa man. We didn't ask for this. Someone had a lot of money and a sick sense of humor.

And it's a great avatar.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I tried doing a high shovel today with a contractor at a job site.

He didn't get it :smith:

Were you wearing a hard hat? And a Spider-Man costume? That's how I'm imagining it.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

FrenchToasty posted:

Finding out that all the hard hat Spider-Man avatars aren't a single post-whore is still blowing my mind.

Stop by BSS, and you can meet mirrored hard hat Spidey, upside down hard hat Spidey, and negative hard hat Spidey to go along with the dozen generics.

Didn't see that boomerang suit coming. What game is that even in?

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Seeing that Pacman av on the bottom of the last page, I realized he probably searched for the spelling of coincidence by typing something similar to quincidence, and just took whatever came up.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Dresh posted:

For as often as Blaze has had to blatantly sit out the action, I am really hoping he's building up to an amazing instance of pyromania from her.

Let's not even get started on his use of female characters.

This poo poo is far more entertaining than it has any right to be. Watch when Lazerbot turns out to be an actual novelist, and this is some psychological experiment. Are we the trolls or the trolled?

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

UnassemblyRequired posted:

I love how Lazerbot managed to storyboard a more compelling Batman tale in 9 panels than any comic series DC has released in years.

Spoken like someone who hasn't read a comic book in over a decade. Welcome to BSS. Hop on over to the Batman or Comic Recommendation threads, and see how wrong you are.

Unless by compelling you mean loving hilarious, then you're probably right. Lazerbot is a master of absurdist humor.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Lurdiak posted:

Yeah there's been a lot of amazing Batman comics in the past decade, like:

First let me quote the Recommendation thread:

Recommendation Thread posted:

New to Batman?

Batman and Son ---> The Black Glove --- Batman R.I.P. ---> Batman and Robin: Batman Reborn ---> Batman and Robin: Batman vs. Robin ---> Batman: Time and the Batman ---> The Return of Bruce Wayne ---> Batman and Robin: Batman Must Die!

Follow that up with Batman Incorporated volume 1, and Batman Inc: Leviathan Strikes! You also have Hush, Broken City, Joker, Court of Owls, The Black Mirror, Whatever Happend to the Caped Crusader?, and the fifteenth anniversary edition of Arkham Asylum: A Serious House On Serious Earth.

The new millenium has been pretty drat good to the Batman.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Waffleman_ posted:

We probably shouldn't overdo it. :fut: is enough for me.

I'd love a good "Wat?" smiley, but that would probably get abused worse than Psyduck.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

MadRhetoric posted:

Congrats, Goons, you ran something else into the ground. All that's left is for the thread to get really lovely as you tear each other apart for content like wild animals.

There's no need for villains!

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

I like the designs, but not giving her a scalloped cape is kind of baffling. There's no shame in channeling a little Batman when your character is actually a bat.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Don't give the Japanese all the credit. How do you think Batman trained all those Robins'?

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Looks like Garry's armor is recolored Saiyan armor from DBZ.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Those last two panels are going to make someone a great avatar.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

I want to see his rendition of a greedy Jew troll. And someone needs to explain to him that paying for an account is what keeps out the trolls.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Georgia Peach posted:

It's time to rise up against the lowtaz.

Whoever wins that art contest knows what character needs to be made.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Where's Megaman?

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Some deaf kid was really attached to Rob. It's sad that he can't hear the world's smallest violin I'm playing for him. :fut:

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Is Research Indicates still around? I'd love to have him get involved with some TGT voice acting.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

d00gZ posted:

God, I hope the Yin Yang Serpents give us a Whisper Song reference.

Ha. And I was thinking they were from that Kamandi map.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

vyelkin posted:

I dunno, he started using periods at the end of sentences instead of endless commas after we talked about it in the thread. Though that could of course be a coincidence.

I can't see coincidence without thinking of quintessence. Lazerbot!

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

LB will start posting comics again when he realizes that the cats would rather wander off than beg him for food.

It was a lot of fun. Best wishes to LB, and his future endeavors.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

What's hard to understand? We genuinely liked the kid for a while, and hoped the best for him. When his pill was chill nobody had a bad word to say about LazyB. This stopped being a train wreck long ago, and we were just along for the ride. It's losing it's shine though, but there's still a chance of chiller pills prevailing.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Kim Jaym Il posted:

Maybe if you weren't so bad at listening

:rolleyes:

What? I have no loving ears!

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

He's doing a fine job trolling himself. All he has to do is end this drat fight scene, bring back necromancer Fudd, and all pills will be chilled.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

The gently caress Lazy-B!? This man fought for your webcomic! A shameful veterans day indeed.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Just needs the Tails/Spyro dance party and it'll be complete.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Was that the page that was supposed to get our feathers ruffled?

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

There was an overweight, badly autistic kid in my middle school gym class who insisted he was Sonic the Hedgehog. Everyone else just liked to laugh at him, but I'd tell him I'm Tails, and that "We gotta go super fast, Sonic!". He'd run his loving heart out, as I tagged along like player 2 on a Genesis. He'd get winded, and then happily exclaim "We did it!" or "Gonna need some chilli dogs after that!"

Haven't thought about that in fifteen years. I hope he's doing well.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

I feel kind of wounded that he thinks we're out to get him. We loved him like a goofy younger brother, and this is what we get? We've been encouraging him to continue all this time, but to suggest that a comic about the evil of trolling shouldn't use gay as a derogatory term makes us trolls all a long.

You either die with chill pills, or post long enough to see yourself become the troll.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

You know it’s not lazerbot because they spelled therapeutic correctly. Someone needs to tell his goofy rear end to gently caress off with all the rape already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Lazerbot would never spell roulette correctly.