Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Donald brings a cannon to a piano concert, clearly he's got some problems.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6H9f8qUrF6w

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

I think I just realized why I like this comic so much.

It's reminding me somehow of Space Moose. And I miss Space Moose.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Holy poo poo, the "cover" for chapter 4 is really about chapter 5. Is Lazerbot giving us subtle clues to the future in his covers?

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Hopefully he's just taking random dude suggestions right now because he's building up to a massacre where most of these guys will get killed anyway. By trolls protected by robot check plates and / or shadow assuming they were with the trolls.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

I'm gonna laugh my balls off when Knuckles comes back post-smartweed and actually is intelligent and articulate. Professor Knuckles.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Whoever does the eventual animated version of this part better do a good Captain Lou Mario voice for him.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

So guys what genre of video game do you think could best capture the magic of TGT?

2D brawler? VS Fighting? Perhaps Tails Gets Trolled Tactics, the strategy RPG?

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

FrenchToasty posted:

I love the idea of a Konami style brawler (X-Men, Turtles in Time). Fighting waves of palette-swapped generic trolls, with the bosses being the names ones. Characters would change depending on where in the story you are. I'd play the gently caress out of it, mowing everyone down with Fudd and my second cock.

With OpenBOR, this could become a reality. I wonder if there are enough trolls to have decent enemy variation though.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Aristobulus posted:

Oh god what if Toejam and Earl showed up. :supaburn:

They could be like Bill and Ted, and tell everyone to be funky to each other.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

That sort of reminds me...trolls can be born trolls, and therefore trolling is/can be genetic? Does that make Mario and Luigi into ethnic trolls?

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

You could probably just bang together a mugen game with a lot of the existing characters in a night or two, as many of them already have characters available.

Of course, mugen people are notoriously THIS IS MINE DO NOT STEAL AND OR MAKE IN ANY WAY CONVENIENT TO DOWNLOAD so you will quickly run into that issue. Gathering them into a game alone will already piss a bunch of people off, modding in signature TGT moves will probably too. Of course I think they're a bunch of idiots for getting in such a huff about "theft" of the sprites they ripped from a Capcom game and arranged in a program, so maybe it's worth not caring about that. I mean sure, there is effort involved in setting them up for mugen but holy poo poo those people get worked up about every little thing.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Shadow's ethnicity is clearly hedgehog/ultimate life form clone/robot/whatever he actually was bullshit.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Strongylocentrotus posted:

Looney Tunes are awesome. Anyone who doesn't enjoy Looney Tunes lacks a heart. gently caress all the newfangled reboots, though. (:corsair:)

I wish they still played reruns of the classic stuff on Cartoon Network. Kids these days don't appreciate a good anvil gag anymore. Except for lazerbot, lazerbot totally gets this poo poo.

They do play reruns of the classic stuff, like pretty much every day in the morning. The latest reboot show is actually pretty decent, too.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Hopefully Tails' training will lead to a page like this one:

it's from Gunsmith Cats

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Bean doesn't use guns. :colbert:

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Of course they would be trolling animals, most of their enemies are animals.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Well they have to train somehow, not every camp is going to have a Batman to punch fists with.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

I'm hoping for Donatello being the third scientist.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Hellsau posted:

[horrible plush abomination ]

Hello Kitty stole Tails's soulbond! Or I suppose HK could have just skinned Sonic.

This image goes great with your avatar/text.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

It would have to have separate lines for each character's path through events and alliances, I'd think.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

I hope by the end of the TGT saga, we get to see some of this action:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyj8BBQE_IE

I do suppose the words of death are close, though.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Since today is the day it is, I felt posting this was appropriate.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Has anyone else started to think of (intentionally or not) pretty much anything you see in a store featuring one or more characters from TGT as "tails gets trolled merchandise"? Every time I see a bag of Cheetos, for example, I just think TGT.

I did an :effort: image edit that I gave up like halfway on as an example:

I was looking up Cheetos bags to see if there was a good one for doing a TGT edit to and realized that Cheeto Man can in fact breathe fire, according to the bags of the spicy kind.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

pathetic little tramp posted:

Lorenzen should just be mixing sports metaphors all over the place. Kills three trolls, says "IN FOOTBALL WE CALL THAT A HAT TRICK"; throws a football into a dude's face and makes it explode, yells "GRAND SLAM!"

Double Dragon Neon does this with the baseball bat. Every time you hit someone with it, Billy/Jimmy says stuff like TOUCHDOWN! or HOLE IN ONE! and yeah it's hilarious.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

What the hell is the dangly black and white thing?

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Is smug an emotion? Why hasn't Demaro's anger backfired on him yet? I'm so confused.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

ThatPazuzu posted:

Demaro's anger hasn't backfired because he has so much rage that being angry is his own "neutral."

Now I'm imagining Demaro running around intentionally pissing himself off to stay mad like the movie Crank. Good idea, brain.

Edit: VVVVV That is also a reasonable enough explanation.

I still sort of want to see him defeated by his own rage causing some high-level neutral dude showing up and being all "now you've hosed up" and just ruining him instantly though.

Light Gun Man fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Jan 8, 2013

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

So then all the neutrals use a particular emotion?

HMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Demario is anger.
Coyote is Smugness
Fudd is confusion.
Tom is like...awkwardness/mild offense? Dunno.
Sylvester is alternate smugness? Or a general sense of superiority.
Porky is (was) fear, perhaps? Or worry/anxiety I suppose. Depression?
Bald Guy was pretty much just exposition so I guess he's maybethe most neutral of them all.

Perhaps they are meant to represent them too. Seems like there are 7 important neutrals in the story so far too, maybe they line up with the seven deadly sins or something along those lines. With lazerbot you can never tell how deep this stuff really goes. Ok, that's enough :spergin: from me for now.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Sometimes I think there should be a website where every time you refresh the page you get a new random assortment of TGT panels arranged like a page.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Forest Chambers is clearly there so a TGT superfan has something to name one of their kids. Forrest Chambers.

Edit: Hoping the forest chambers thing is coming from a new character who talks in that font all the time.

Light Gun Man fucked around with this message at 06:18 on Jan 14, 2013

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Somehow my favorite part is the reaction shots, because both "?" and "WHAT THE?" get their own parts of the image, as if they are characters.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Teemo is really the shape-shifting guy from Hitmen for Destiny, thread's collective mind is blown.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Prediction: It will be obvious because after awhile a character will realize* and go "oh man it's an illusion" or whatever.

*but will it be too late?

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Super Troll Wars TGT :colbert:

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

DrManiac posted:

This would actually work really well for the poo poo ton of characters and overly elaborate special moves.

Exactly!

I wonder if you could set up some sort of system that determines if a character's head was destroyed or not, and if not, neutrals could add fallen characters to their corpse armies.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

This is awesome if only for "THE MONEY GUY"

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Tom, it's the same chapter cover as before but with him marked dead.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

ce gars posted:

I think you mean Sylvester. Tom is still there. :colbert:

previous chapter cover: http://www.tailsgetstrolled.com/comic/chapter-15-the-guardians-part-1/

poo poo I failed.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

So up until now has been the larva stage and we will eventually be getting full on Mothra then right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

That Rob underwater panel seems like it was made intentionally for making into an avatar.