Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Starving Wolf
Apr 2, 2010

MUCH LATER
Yams Fan
This is truly the great epic of our time.
Hipster nihilist troll is my favourite so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Starving Wolf
Apr 2, 2010

MUCH LATER
Yams Fan

FadingChord posted:

We're all going to be in the next chapter at a Justin Bever concert. :allears: :ohdear: :allears:

justen bever.

Echoing the gang tag love. This is all just... it's so beautiful you guys. The comic, the fan art, the animation...
I think I'm out of money to buy groceries this week because of avatars, but I don't care, I'm so happy about this thread. Lazerbot, you one magnificent bastard, you.

e:

Der Luftwaffle posted:

I wonder how far he'll go with pulling characters from other franchises, seeing as how the Sega/Nintendo line has already been crossed. What's next, DMC emo trolls? Final Fantasy? Colecovision squares?

This thing has the potential to draw in every game in existence into a superdense ball of misdirected rage and awkward hilarity before collapsing on itself to produce either the author's suicide or something amazing enough to be exhibited at MoMA. Or both.

My hope is that this comic reaches a singularity, a meta Omega Point, if you will, that will destroy all art and human knowledge as we know it.

Starving Wolf fucked around with this message at 08:44 on Feb 20, 2012

Starving Wolf
Apr 2, 2010

MUCH LATER
Yams Fan

Dogbutt posted:

Is he still reading the thread? Or does he just not care anymore?

I'd like to think that he doesn't. Just shrugs it off, meh I'm internet famous now, whatever. If he won't care about us at all that would only make this thing that much sweeter.

I wonder what he must be thinking about all these avatars and fan art, though. I mean, there he is, working on his brilliantly awesome lovely garbage, and one day out of the blue dozens of people are suddenly making art based on it, spending money on avatars from it, making animations and voice work...

Starving Wolf
Apr 2, 2010

MUCH LATER
Yams Fan

Simmerl posted:

i hope you feel like poo poo for ever doubt->
->ing lazerbot you trolls

:woop:
YES. LAZERBOT!

Lazerbot posted:

i wasn't lying when i said my computer is messed up and i wasn't lying when i said i would have more of my comic and i wasn't lying when i said i was 20. i had to get on another persons computer to draw this but i also didn't have GIM's so its a down grade back to paint.

Behold, nonbelievers! For he is risen anew, and all his words were sooth.

Starving Wolf
Apr 2, 2010

MUCH LATER
Yams Fan

cyfad posted:

I'm happy that he's back, but I'm a little confused.
why is :mario: whistling?

My guess is Yoshi?

Starving Wolf
Apr 2, 2010

MUCH LATER
Yams Fan

PalmTreeFun posted:

I loving called it.

Excuse me, dear sir, but you might be interested in knowing that I called it first :colbert:

It is rather interesting to see to steady improvement shown in his art over these past weeks. I know it's a longshot at this point, and it's fairly established that Lazerbot is for real, but if he isn't, and he's just going for some subtle, gradual Octocat type of thing, I will lose my poo poo. I will lose my poo poo so hard, people will be looking for my legendary lost poo poo for centuries.

Starving Wolf
Apr 2, 2010

MUCH LATER
Yams Fan

Arschlochkind posted:

right here
buddy

I like how Shadow's weird pistol just hoses out indistinct projectiles like a shotgun spray.

It looks like an L shaped pipe with a ruler taped to it. And is that little triangle thing suppose to be the hammer?

This page is so pure and wonderful. I can't decide what I like best about, the awkward attempt at cast shadows in panel 2, the weird discrepancy between Bowser's profile in 11 and 14, the Hulk arm, rear end whole, it's just.. Lazerbot, you... I... I love you man.

Starving Wolf
Apr 2, 2010

MUCH LATER
Yams Fan
NEW PAGE rear end wholes!

:woop:

Starving Wolf
Apr 2, 2010

MUCH LATER
Yams Fan

Goatse Master posted:

I'm so excited. What's a sint, though?

Scent, I reckon. Took me all of three readings to reconstruct that loving sentence into humanly understandable terms.

Starving Wolf
Apr 2, 2010

MUCH LATER
Yams Fan

NutritiousSnack posted:

Yoshi has the scent of a bloodhound goon sir. Yoshi :colbert:

Look at that smug little guy, taking a drink. loving Yoshi kills me, every panel he's in is wonderful.

Starving Wolf
Apr 2, 2010

MUCH LATER
Yams Fan
All these twists and turns! Lazerbot, you truly are the G. R. R. Martin of sonic fandom.

Starving Wolf
Apr 2, 2010

MUCH LATER
Yams Fan

Some Other Guy posted:

I used to love Doug when I was a kid and I must say that I didn't even think Doug until others mentioned it. I think this character might just have a certain resemblance to the character or that style of animation. Given that you can't see his trademark hair, he could also be Roger Klotz, I guess. I dunno.

I think he's just some random character. After lazerbot reads this thread again he might decide to make it Doug and run with that angle anyway, which would be interesting I guess...

He pretty much confirmed this is Doug in the comments for this page on DA. He also mentioned that he's "gonna have his friend too". I am seriously, seriously on the edge of my loving seat in anticipation. I'm F5ing his gallery like a motherfucker.

Starving Wolf fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Mar 18, 2012

Starving Wolf
Apr 2, 2010

MUCH LATER
Yams Fan
I had a 'Holy hell, this can't happen!' reaction, followed by the dawning realization that this is, in fact, happening. I was pounding my desk, having trouble breathing. I was terrified of dying of laughter, and have my folks find my corpse there, in front of this comic; Good god.

For all the folks concerned about this horrid clusterfuck of characters, I wouldn't worry too much. They will all probably die soon enough.

Starving Wolf
Apr 2, 2010

MUCH LATER
Yams Fan

Rirse posted:

Is he gearing up to bring this infamous Tails transformation from the old Archie comic series?

I like how this is significantly worse than the comic we're all reading in this thread.

Starving Wolf
Apr 2, 2010

MUCH LATER
Yams Fan

:effort:

I think I'm about to draw some fanart now. It is an urge I cannot resist anymore.

Starving Wolf
Apr 2, 2010

MUCH LATER
Yams Fan
I, uh, made something.

Calico Heart posted:

If I were a rich man, this would be mine, with the quote "wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

Hey look at that, a thing happened somehow.

Starving Wolf
Apr 2, 2010

MUCH LATER
Yams Fan

Corridor posted:

The Hitler burn had me actually laughing out loud. The perfect spelling actually makes me wonder if he got it from somewhere else.

He had a journal entry a while back wherein he asked people to think up insults for a 'project' he's working on. Most of the insults in the troll-off were lifted from there, including the Hitler one.

Starving Wolf
Apr 2, 2010

MUCH LATER
Yams Fan

Sudoku posted:

I can't even begin to guess how long this comic has left in it. It FEELS like we're approaching an ending, but there's enough characters being introduced/have yet to have any development that I have to think otherwise.

And I have to say, he's actually a pretty decent artist. His faces can get pretty expressive and some of these perspectives definitely aren't easy. He even actually draws trollface mask at an angle instead of just cropping/resizing it.

When asked, I believe I remember the 'bot saying he has 10 chapters planned (he originally wrote 12, and then corrected himself). We're on the sixth now.
I too was impressed by him drawing the trollmask sideways. More than a few folks here suggest he take some drawing classes, and I agree; there's a lot of latent talent buried here. Lazerbot is going places.

Starving Wolf
Apr 2, 2010

MUCH LATER
Yams Fan
Well, I know what I'll be humming all day at work today. Goons are loving amazing.
"poo poo we Failed" is a magnificent name for this project.

Starving Wolf
Apr 2, 2010

MUCH LATER
Yams Fan

Calico Heart posted:

Someone needs to do a rap battle version of this troll off.

It doesn't lend itself to actual rap that well, but I have been considering doing a spoken word version over a rap beat. I need to find my mic.

Starving Wolf
Apr 2, 2010

MUCH LATER
Yams Fan
Holy poo poo... I knew Rob was going to be kick rear end but... Holy poo poo.

Starving Wolf
Apr 2, 2010

MUCH LATER
Yams Fan
hulk bring that canan over here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Starving Wolf
Apr 2, 2010

MUCH LATER
Yams Fan
I didn't get the feeling that the 'bot was channeling anything from his personal life AT ALL (at least not consciously), and saying he was would be a disservice to his storytelling abilities. Pretty sure he never wanted to launch a dude into a mountain in real life, or rape a corpse, either. Come on you guys, just cause a character is violent towards his parents doesn't mean you need to get all Freudian in this bitch and cast said character's actions on it's creator (well not 'creator' per se, but you get my drift).