Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Let's be real here - now that Lazerbot has introduced the skeletal eye demon, Demaro isn't going to die any time soon. I think he's going to continue being a presence in the comic at least until he's helped the demon absorb enough souls to become complete. Maybe then it won't need him anymore? Who knows, but I think it's been set up to be one of the major threats for the end of the story.

Of course I also don't think Coyote will bite it any time soon, what with him being forshadowed as a prodigy and the most powerful Neutral of all of them. This isn't going to be the climactic final showdown between Demaro and Coyote.

My only worry is that Rob might get caught in the crossfire. :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Nah, look back at the last page they were in:

He went off after Elmer while Demaro stayed in that room to wait for Coyote.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Plutonis posted:

Aw poo poo, it's coming! Demaro's getting pretty unhinged since he mistook Heimerdinger to the former Satanist leader. And i just noticed how veiny his red eyes are up close, that's the sort of detail that LB is improving!

Kelic wasn't a Satanist. He wanted to revive the Neutrals as their own independent entity.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Lazerbot posted:

i made my icon a brain because im speaking my mind on this deviantart account

This is my favorite thing about this new blog.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Yeah looks like you're right:

http://www.tailsgetstrolled.com/comic/fuds-choice-21/

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

See Coyote's on top of this. He even notices right away that something's up with the third eye.

Ain't no skeleton demon getting him.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

BiggerJ posted:

Again, has anyone told Lazerbot that there's a paywall and that it just moved?

Yes. As someone said before his response was "hmmmmmmmmm".

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

this is
dragonballz see
the difference

I do Lazerbot. I truly do.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I like how rather than just having the Coyote/Roadrunner conflict take place in the generic grassy land that TGT takes place in, they have instead traveled to a desert to match the source material.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

N-no! :negative:

Lazerbot how could you?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

ComradeCosmobot posted:

EDIT: The saddest part is that Rob didn't even accomplish his goal; Elmer was able to save himself.

He did buy Elmer time to escape at least. But this hits hard, Rob was my favorite character.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

This plus the fact that it's been long theorized that Rob's lack of ears would help him against the Troll King's words of death, plus the apparent importance of the other Dragonborn give me hope that he's still alive somehow.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

The last panel is a blurry swirling vortex of Rob's severed head.

:stare:

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

We truly are all Lazerbot's puppets.

I'm fine with this. :allears: Lazerbot "confirming" Rob's death outside the comic was all a part of the plan.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

ComradeCosmobot posted:

It's missing LeapFrog :eng101:

Lazerbot explained when he posted it that he couldn't find a clean image of Leap Frog to put on there.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Lazerbot lays down the law: http://tailsgetstrolled1.deviantart.com/art/LB-Shadow-quote-340271882

Lazerbot posted:

this is my point really ^^ i can kill anyone i like do what ever i want and bring back any character if i want to :D i take suggestions for certain areas but the direction of the comic is completely in my control and this is my quote to tell everyone that

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Aristobulus posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VY3IwkhHUVw skip to about 2:30.

In short - yes some absolutely can!

Welp now I'm going to spend the next hour watching videos about snakes. David Attenborough :allears:

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Aristobulus posted:

I love his videos about reptiles in particular. That's just one episode of an entire series he did devoted to reptiles. It's a series called "Life in Cold Blood", and there's 4 other episodes - that one is episode 4 which is specifically about snakes. He also did a 2009 Life series that had an episode about reptiles and amphibians.

Sorry for that derail but I love those documentaries he made. They're great in HD too.

Yeah I own many of them (birds, mammals, etc) and grew up watching Trials of Life, but I think Cold Blood passed me by at some point.

Now I kinda want Lazerbot to have one of those snakes kill and swallow Demaro's demon whole.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Aristobulus posted:

Coyote clearly outclasses Demaro - especially as he should since Demaro is so weak from his fight against Garry, but I'm still worried about that demon bug thing. It could work as a Deus Ex Machina in Demaro's defense just like it did before, saving him from losing.

I think the ultimate outcome of this fight will be the demon showing up and Coyote managing to escape. Thus the narrative purpose of the fight is to demonstrate to the other characters what we readers already know - that there's another force in play, potentially more powerful than the Troll King.

Either that or Coyote dies tragically, but it's witnessed by Silver or someone.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

horriblePencilist posted:

Wait a second.
If TGT started like a year or so ago, and it now is 2013 in the TGT-universe just as it is here, does that mean the story has been progressing in real time? As in, Demaros and Garys fight took several weeks?

This is actually the biggest revelation of this update.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Actually, it'd generally a new strip every day. Occasionally he'll take a break for a week or two, usually between chapters. Otherwise it's pretty much a constant stream of updates.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

ComradeCosmobot posted:

And honestly, that's part of his charm. There's time for good grammar and time for bad grammar, and with lazerbot, I'm willing to side with the latter. Same thing with the tracing.

Lazerbot has claimed from the beginning that he never traces anything. What he's asking in the second part is why people are so convinced that he does.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Febreeze posted:

Stop discussing this stuff and let the man create in peace. The more we talk, the more influence we exert because he wants to please us, the more watered down the comic gets. Genius needs space. Genius needs freedom.

Lazerbot, to achieve your true potential, you must not only ignore your critics, but also occasionally your fans.

I find your lack of faith disturbing.

(Lazerbot please put Darth Vader in your comic okay.)

Completely unrelatedly:

Lazerbot posted:

Stop discussing this stuff and let the man create in peace. The more we talk, the more influence we exert because he wants to please us, the more watered down the comic gets. Genius needs space. Genius needs freedom.
Lazerbot, to achieve your true potential, you must not only ignore your critics, but also occasionally your fans. said by Febreeze no need to worry about influencing me. you guys aren't gonna change anything :D

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

nerdbot posted:

Last time we saw him he was asking a bunch of Toads to get him all the powerups in the kingdom and I think he was heading back to talk with Princess Peach who we still haven't seen. There was the whole thing about Bowser Jr. and a Goomba spying on him for the Troll Slaiyers as well. I actually completely forgot Bowser Jr. appeared in this comic until rereading just now.

I forgot this too! Clearly I need to reread some of the more recent chapters.

I like how Lazerbot actually has several somewhat nuanced villains with different types of despicability.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Lazerbot posted:

here's another Addison of TGT facts, one demaro is shorter then garry but the older brother of the two, fact 2 the trolls at the beginning of the comic that was killed by shadow was actually based on these two trolls and there trolling style i ran into before starting the comic. i found there style so silly i needed to portrayal it on comic form. of course its not copying i make it in a different matter but the style it self it spot on, they actually acted and spoke like the trolls did repeating the same insults lol fact 3 a lot of the troll styles the trolls have are different and are similar to trolls I've actually encounter so trolls actually help me get a more accurate portrayal of troll community so the more they troll my comic the more material i have to use" and that was my new addition of TGT facts i hope you enjoy it

Another glimpse into the inner workings of Lazerbot's mind.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I'm actually quite impressed that he has a vision for the consistent geography and layout of the troll base.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Every time people begin to feel comfortable with Lazerbot he takes another step to remind us that yes, he really is a bit out there. This feels reminiscent of Rob's death and the long wall of text that came after it.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

If you're not reading this comic for reasons I consider acceptable, you're an idiot and I'm going to write long essays on the subject explaining exactly why.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Jesus, do we really need all this finger pointing bullshit? The guy's a weird person who made a funny thing and now he's stopped. Maybe he snapped, maybe he burned out, maybe he's just tired of it. Who cares? We really don't need people being all "look what you did", it serves no purpose.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Is the Toad with glasses supposed to be Russ T. from Paper Mario?

Holy poo poo it is.

Lazerbot's cool in my book.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Yeah I caught that too. It has to be deliberate, and not just some weird mustache coloring error since he's also got the right vest. I wonder what his reasons were (since canonically Mario should have been a baby at the time that Toadsworth had a brown mustache :goonsay:).

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

The most shocking revelation here is that apparently that talking bird gets his own tent.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Sindai posted:

Have we ever seen that bird before? I can't even remember.

That bird has been the Troll King's boon companion since early on. Actually he I think he even showed up earlier than the King when he warned the trolls that Sonic was approaching.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Baronjutter posted:

I thought the dog was dead after it hit the ground, good to see it's ok. What an emotional roller-coaster.

Yeah there was blood and everything, thank goodness for that Tails panel.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I'm concerned that Tails is no longer holding the dog. Please tell me he didn't leave it there with Doug and the puke.

Spyro probably has it, yeah that's it.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Shageletic posted:

Nice! Also laughed a lot at that alternate comic last page.

Here's a question: what's my favorite character Tom's status? He dead?

I think this was the last time we saw him: http://www.tailsgetstrolled.com/comic/the-guardians-part-2-page-4/

Sylvester gave his life to protect Tom from Trollface, and then Tom seems to have lost his neutral powers because of the emotions he felt over Sylvester's death. Silver saved him from getting killed by Trollface but he's not looking good.

drat this was all the way back in February.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Sindai posted:

Why are the second and third images the same?

He posted the same one twice, here's the actual third page:

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

You guys do understand that you need to actually comment on the dA post for him to get your vote, yes?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Georgia Peach posted:

Is she just a bat that took human form or something?

She's another Sonic franchise character so she's a vaguely humanoid animal person like Tails and the rest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Calico Heart posted:

It's funny after all that dramatic waffle to see goofy rear end old Eggman hovering along

This is exactly what I was thinking. He's so non-threatening.