Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ASAPRockySituation
May 9, 2010

23 Flavors posted:

Terrible news from his deviantart account:

Time to start a fundraiser.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ASAPRockySituation
May 9, 2010

Death by Meteor posted:

So I made a stab at the request for a modified version of A Christian Dirce painting.

I don't know who the 'tall mother fucker' is really meant to be.

I'm tempted to put this on my wall.

ASAPRockySituation
May 9, 2010

nerdbot posted:

I'm pretty sure this is the best page yet. Holy poo poo.

He's pretty much nailed Silver's character, really.

I 100% agree with you. The comic has been fantastic but this is a really great page.

ASAPRockySituation
May 9, 2010

Redeadagain posted:

Tim and Eric has never been funny.

I thank you for your honesty in these dark days where fart jokes are hilarious...

Also this comic owns

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

ASAPRockySituation
May 9, 2010

Aristobulus posted:

This isn't even an anime bad habit, honestly, it's just a bad habit. Even DBZ would have balanced fights where both sides would get hits in before one side gained ungodly amounts of power from out the inner reaches of their rear end and then destroy the other person.

And DBZ is far, far from the king of "interesting fight scenes". It was highly repetitive and predictable and I've never been a fan of it. Just saying that even it made an effort to make fights balanced throughout.

I can't argue that, but just think about how much cooler this will make it when the Troll King is finally defeated? I mean, this is a comedy comic, so one runs the risk of Troll King dying rather suddenly (read: luigi's hammer), but the point seems to be that nobody can beat this dude in a one on one. I think our friend Mario has a few more wildcards to pull, anyway.

ASAPRockySituation
May 9, 2010

This comic ousts The Watchmen for "Best Graphic Novel"

ASAPRockySituation
May 9, 2010

oh my god i hope it ends like that

ASAPRockySituation
May 9, 2010

l33t b4c0n posted:

When did this thread become the internet central for Sonic fans? Christ people, you've been drawn so far into TGT that you don't realize what you have become!

We are our own worst enemies.

ASAPRockySituation
May 9, 2010

This comic is internet crack; I find myself constantly jonesing for more

ASAPRockySituation
May 9, 2010

nerdbot posted:

In Pac-Man's vision way back at the end of Chapter 5, a hedgehog silhouette is visible at the final showdown, where Pac-Man watches on as Tails performs the Soul Bind. It's hard to tell if it's Shadow or Silver, but it's totally possible.

Also, I dug this out of Lazerbot's gallery. Did you know he did a rewrite of chapter 1 page 2 to protest SOPA?

:laffo:

You just made my day.

ASAPRockySituation
May 9, 2010

Very disappointing. Hopefully this gets sorted out quickly.

ASAPRockySituation
May 9, 2010

Aramek posted:

Look what y'all made me do. Forgive how damned hammy I get, but, dramatic readings are always so damned cheesy.

Did it as a full cold read of the above rant (that pastebin really helped to read it, thanks) and some pretty crude editing.

e: I even left one mistake in. :blush: Teaches me to cold read.

Holy awesome. :allears:

ASAPRockySituation
May 9, 2010

What the?

ASAPRockySituation
May 9, 2010

:laffo:

Lazerbot, never change.

ASAPRockySituation
May 9, 2010

Ahahahahahahaha

LB was obviously lying when he said this comic wasn't the most elaborate troll ever

Because in a way, we are tails.

ASAPRockySituation
May 9, 2010

produce posted:

What? I have an interest in football. That's not what my complaint was about.

I just think having a guy who throws a football hella hard is not particularly interesting within the context of TGT. We've been privy to a torrent of creativity from the man LB, and I was hoping for a cameo character who would reflect that boundless imagination. I mean the fan favorite, Rob, is an earless dragonborn who can yell so loud as to destroy matter and grabs electricity out of walls. Even the licensed characters like Fudd have strange powers that are totally out of left field.

And what do we introduce to this universe? Football guy.

I'm not mad, because it's still probably going to be pretty good. But the character idea does seem a little phoned in. Sorry :shobon:

Thank you for this great opinion, sperglord, but I'm sure LB is perfectly fine with it. It fits in perfectly with the randomness of this comic.

ASAPRockySituation
May 9, 2010

Vogon Poet posted:

For me, and I think for a lot of people, TGT started off as something I enjoyed because it was "so bad it's good" and over time turned into something that I genuinely appreciate. And part of what made it so hilarious at first was the horrible grammar. Now, even as the art has improved dramatically, I still find the questionable grammar to be an indispensable part of the TGT style. When I make a post pointing out a funny word usage, I'm doing it to show my enjoyment, not to criticize. But I can see how it would be weird for the author when people are enjoying his comic not only for things he did intentionally (like the crazy plot twists, hilarious character portrayals, and greatly improved art) but also for things he did unintentionally ("it is was not a quintessence us meating today" is still one of my favorite things from the comic). All I'd say to Lazerbot regarding grammar is try not to worry about it; we love your writing just the way it is.

This is where I stand, though there are times the fan base is wonky

ASAPRockySituation
May 9, 2010

tvayisnihyaami posted:

Do you guys still think this cartoon is funny? I think it was hilarious in the first few 'episodes' but now it's just kinda lame. Am I the only person who feels this way?

Not really but it is still funny at times. At this point I suspect some of us are following along out of morbid curiosity.

ASAPRockySituation
May 9, 2010

I think Silver just wanted Sylvester to die

ASAPRockySituation
May 9, 2010

I don't know, I found Luigi's line absolutely hilarious

ASAPRockySituation
May 9, 2010

Basic Beater posted:

I can't believe I've been reading this thread/this comic for over a year. :stare:

:stonk:

My brain hurts now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ASAPRockySituation
May 9, 2010

I was wondering when this or something similar would happen. Farewell, lazerbot. If you do ever get your act together, you won't be doing this comic anymore.