Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Any idea who the emo kid is supposed to be? I'm not sure if I've missed something or not but he comes across as a self-insert considering everyone else is either a famous cartoon character or ugly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

That's brilliant, you're doing the entire thing right? :)

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

If anyone does try to finish it the requirement should be that it has to be concluded within 4-8 panels.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

hyperhazard posted:

This is without a doubt my favorite panel.
He just looks so chill about it.

I'm going to grab this in a little bit unless someone else really, really wants it. Can anyone think of anything good to go with it?

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Turns out there's not many good Bowser quotes so I'll just go for "i don't like jokes and i don't like assholes" from earlier.

hemale in pain fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Mar 12, 2012

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

I'm glad to see that the internet hasn't effected how 'great' the comic is :) It's awful but in a wonderful way.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

ComradeCosmobot posted:

So, I guess Lazerbot decided that he couldn't draw a good Yoshi?

I'm hoping that we never see Yoshi now and he's always off screen.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Dr. Notadoctor posted:

This comic is legitimately better than 90% of all webcomics in every conceivable way. Especially CAD.

Don't give it too much credit, the art is still bad and sometimes straight up traced also he seems to have some major issues with gay people. He's pretty good with humour but I'm still not sure how self aware it all is.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Wildeyes posted:

I do think it's a little odd he includes Emerl, who was only in one obscure Sonic title that came out almost a decade ago.

Although I guess he makes it clear he's a Sonic fan.

I recognize the character somehow so it's probably been in the cartoons or a recent game. A quick search says he was in Sonic X but I never watched it.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Most of the pupils don't seem to match. Oh god, you've made me zoom in and inspect it and now I've noticed that all the characters are lighter on the inside and darker on the edges. It does actually make them look a little better but he uses it alll the time on everything.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Satanos posted:

It cannot support this sentiment enough, if people in this thread start trying to influence the story, or even do it accidentally, then the magic is going to die.

You will in effect be trolling the story itself.

You guys are worrying me, it's just a cheesy internet comic which isn't very good on any level. It's funny but the enjoyment comes from the terrible plot and art, there really isn't anything to ruin here. The more characters which get added the funnier it is. I just like seeing how he's going to draw each one and their inevitable backstabbing/death.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

FrenchToasty posted:

:frogout:

You even have an avatar. How dare you.

I like the comic I've just not slipped into the madness of like liking it :)

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

It be pretty much perfect if you put some of the characters onto the balcony.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Cechmanek posted:

When characters disappear for a while I ask "What were they doing? Where were they?" The problem can be solved easily by dedicating a few panels or a page to them. I'm not saying they should be around constantly, I'm saying they should be given reminders they exist. Also I do care about this comic way too much.

They're at the water park

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

I got bored of the comic ages ago but the goon art is amazing as always :) Great stuff

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Macaluso posted:

I wonder if Lazerbot has a backstory written for every character. I feel like he's got a whole folder keeping track of these elaborate backstories.

I'm thinking it's just done on the fly and he just makes up whatever comes to mind. The plot isn't THAT complex just long and ripped from a bunch of different places :) It's like reading a comic version of Dragon Wars D-war with sonic characters. Teemo dying was wonderful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Almost Smart posted:

This comic is a lot like the Simpsons. It should have ended on a high note a long time back, but it just keeps limping on.

I feel that the first few chapters are still the best. They're bizzare, confusing and brilliant. It's when it actually looked like someone putting their anger into comic form and unironically making the hero a loving nutcase.

That's not to say there hasn't been some good stuff recently like someone getting catapulted into a hill but it's just too obviously self aware.