Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Danzou
Oct 24, 2010

by angerbot

I like how Banjo the character is buried next to an entire franchise. Mumbo and Grunty should be in a mass grave with him.

Also... what the gently caress is this comic? I checked it when it was in GBS, but it didn't prepare me for the last few pages.

Just... what? Is this really not a 13 year old kid?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danzou
Oct 24, 2010

by angerbot

I guess he'd already came to terms with the loss of Killer Instinct, but no mourning for Jet Force Gemini?

Danzou
Oct 24, 2010

by angerbot

quote:

Hell yeah, Donkey Kong Universe represent.

EDIT: Kool-Aid man hasn't even gained the Mangekyou Sharingan yet? Lame.

Danzou
Oct 24, 2010

by angerbot

The Super-Id posted:

No kool-aid man don't! Those pot heads will try and drink you when they're high.
See all those red eyes? They are already under his illusion technique. Sharingan Kool-aid man is pretty high tier.

Danzou
Oct 24, 2010

by angerbot

Wow. So the Neutrals aren't really involved with the trolling history back through the medieval era. I thought they were "neutral" in the sense that they couldn't choose sides in the troll/Defenders conflict, but actually, they can only use their powers by joining battles they have no stake in. They're essentially mercenaries.

This loving comic. Fudd is going to overuse his emotions and die a gory death.

Danzou
Oct 24, 2010

by angerbot

Chapter 9
Emler's Choice

Danzou
Oct 24, 2010

by angerbot

Our great-grandchildren can adapt this when all the copyrights from the 20th century run out.

Theoretically, in reality these copyrights will be extended into perpetuity.

Danzou
Oct 24, 2010

by angerbot

Well, the original plan was for 10 chapters, but Lazerbot quickly realized he had much more he wanted to add. I think this indicates "Fudd's Choice" was not the original Chapter 9.

I think he planned Fudd as a Necromancer in his original plans, I thought there was some vague foreshadowing that the Troll King needed to raise the dead, and Fudd's whole "I'm no hungry for duck and wabbit".

I think he took the vague explanation for this he had in his head (Probably the whole Satanists vs. Christians idea) and extrapolated it into the flashback. I kind of wonder if he's afraid of moving the main plot forward and was using the flashback to stall, or if he realized once he had an audience that he could expand the scope of the story more.

I'm impressed by the bloody knuckles training, even published manga authors can't convey physical training very well. Even if it's insane and counter to reality, it's perfect for Lazerbot.

Danzou
Oct 24, 2010

by angerbot

Knuckles has done more to reconcile with the trolls than anyone else.

Come to think, Sylvester and Tom bonded over the gra gra, too. I think Lazerbot took The Breakfast Club to heart.

Danzou
Oct 24, 2010

by angerbot

Wile E. actually smiles in the end at how clever Silver was.

Hoping we get back to Fudd and the Troll King next page, then we'll be caught up with every faction.

Danzou
Oct 24, 2010

by angerbot

That... that makes it sound like he was thinking about quitting the comic. But you never can tell with Lazerbot.

Danzou
Oct 24, 2010

by angerbot

Anus Dei posted:

In panel 17, the face on the left does appear to be in 20% more pain.
You mean in 25% more pain.

Danzou
Oct 24, 2010

by angerbot

I was hoping it was Kazooie (Lazerbot did some fanart mourning that franchise), but alas, it was not to be.

Danzou
Oct 24, 2010

by angerbot

Suzuki Method posted:

This is the only comic where you can honestly be like, "Oh yeah, I totally forgot this sonic character hosed this mario character."
Donkey Kong is a Donkey Kong character, who gets invited every one in a while to go golfing or race go karts with his old enemy.

Danzou
Oct 24, 2010

by angerbot

I really hope Lazerbot can chill his pill, and try to work things out with Something Awful. This thread was one of his biggest and most fervent fanbases, and is still filled with people who love the comic. It makes me really sad to see there's been this falling out, when we used to be so close. I hope we can one day work this out, or at least, eventually see some new comics again.

Danzou
Oct 24, 2010

by angerbot

I just want to say, thank god we stopped supporting this comic. The cause of social justice was advanced the day we told a literal retarded man that his homophobia was Not Acceptable. That his anime murder fantasy web comic was lost is merely a part of the struggle.

Danzou
Oct 24, 2010

by angerbot

Well, SA has large anti-anime contingent, so as the series began to focus on Shounen-esque fights plotted by an amateur writer, the worst qualities of the genre began to the infect the work and enjoyment slowed. The whole social justice crusade was, frankly, embarrassing to even be aware of.

The dissatisfaction began to set in beforehand, but the bile and just, implicit hatred towards the author was focused solely on the the social justice fallout. It made me like BSS a lot less, and the thread's posters elsewhere are always under scrutiny. "Troll Slayurs" is almost a bade of shame at this point.

But I think releasing this chapter by chapter, in addition to a regular side project where he can deliver the comedy and unconvoluted action he's best at. I think the Shounen fights have certainly had great bits, but pacing, and particularly sustained tonal shift, hurts the comic.

Come back to us, Lazerbot. You have tons of fans, even if we are slightly and vocally critical.

Danzou
Oct 24, 2010

by angerbot

I'm pretty sure that huge monologue is meant to be skimmed through, conveying and parodying verbose anime villains. These fights have been really good, I don't understand the bitching, it's just as funny as his other aspects.

EDIT: His composition during the Demaro fight made it a little hard to follow, but he gets better and better.

Danzou fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Jul 8, 2013

Danzou
Oct 24, 2010

by angerbot

Col. Justice posted:

We must ask ourselves if he really got better at drawing or if he just spent 7 months on the same couple panels so they look really good compared to the other poo poo that we all laughed at?
Lazerbot sure is a lovely person that we hate.

Seriously, let's cut the kid some slack; start a fresh slate with this new continuance.

Danzou
Oct 24, 2010

by angerbot

Trainmonk posted:

Why, he's still an idiot homophobe.
He's somewhat disabled and mentally a child.

Danzou
Oct 24, 2010

by angerbot

Trainmonk posted:

Mentally childlike is not an uncommon trait among homophobes so that's no excuse. As for somewhat disabled, there's no proof of that.
You are wholly incapable of differentiating between different kinds of people and their capabilities. He is literally, literally a mental child, not by loving hyperbolic standard, but by just looking at his words and using human empathy. It never ceases to amaze me how insistent people are of constantly assfucking a person to the point they ignore evidentiary evidence that exonerates their hate-boner chucked up his bung.

Go back to the CWCki forums and post with the rest of your kind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danzou
Oct 24, 2010

by angerbot

Partners in Time? Try Super Mario Sunshine, scrub.

Glad Lazybot refuses to use those generic blue and yellow Toads from New Super Mario Brothers.