Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

This thread is incredible. I've been laughing the whole way through.

Lazerbot, If you're reading this, I really want to see the rest of it. This is brilliant stuff and I hope your mouse gets fixed soon.

Also, those videos the goons have been making are insane. One thing Everdraed's has that made me laugh really loudly when I saw it was the fact that Tails has infinite tails. They just keep going forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Wojtek posted:

If he quits, we could finish it. The ultimate gently caress you to trolls is having them become you. It's all so obvious.

I would love to see even just an entire page done in the Orthodox icon style.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

I want to learn how to do a magic whistle that makes my hand catch fire.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

NoneSuch posted:

I'm going to grab this in a little bit unless someone else really, really wants it. Can anyone think of anything good to go with it?

It has to be

'oh not this time. your act of being the
goodguy is over'

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

I love how short Mario's legs are in the top right panel. It makes him look comically obese.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Man, the page just before this last one was my favourite. Right here buddy killed me.

Also, Luigi and Mario's plan seems to be working so far. Maybe Shadow should have listened to him.. :allears:

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Wait, so did Luigi use the star and it had no effect, or did he get cuuuuuunt-ed before he could use it?

Also, love the foreshadowing for the Man With No loving Ears to save the day.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

ArfJason posted:

My favourite part is how he tells this epic of adventure and mystery. Then he goes "but they were a myth". Final panel is just him standing there looking sad.

After loving years, he is not in an incontrolable rage or crying his heart out, he's just standing there looking sad.
To me that's the funniest thing.

EDIT: hell he doesn't even look sad, just sort of bummed.

Especially when you compare it to how gleefully happy he looks during his actual search.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Simmerl posted:

Screw medical attention, it's time for

I'm looking forward to this.
There are few characters I hate as much as Emo Fanfic the Future Hedgehog - but if anyone could write a worthwhile story with him, it is lazerbot.

Holy poo poo look at Tails' face. What could he possibly be looking at to justify that look of absolute horror?

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Nukacola posted:

Hitmen for Destiny blew my goddamned mind. :psyduck:

The short comic by the same author about the guy cheating on his wife is fantastic as well: http://www.webcomicsnation.com/thorsby/wives/series.php

It kinda reads like the boat sequence from Hitmen but with a lot more attention to detail.

Holy poo poo, I just read this in one sitting and was laughing my rear end off the entire time. Well worth twenty minutes or so, anyone who's tempted to read it.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Those pages were great. I absolutely loved how No Ears Man shouted WHAT!!!!? right at the start of a new page, because I get to the bottom of the second timg with Silver asking the question, then click on the third one and get "WHAT!!!!?" Absolutely incredibly comedic timing there, I lost it.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Lazerbot, since I know you're probably reading this thread, you're awesome and don't listen to creepy people who want you to draw rape scenes or anything that would upset you. Keep up what you're doing, this comic is a crazy wonderful thing. :unsmith:

Also,

nerdbot posted:

(e: wait this is stupid, but is it generally preferred to edit a post when you're responding to one below it, rather than making a second reply?)

It doesn't really matter. Some people do this, some people don't. The person may not see it if you just edit your post, but if you don't want to clutter up the thread with too many posts at once then go for it.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

The Fucky posted:

Your suspicions are correct. I came up with that one and told it to lazerbot when he asked for insult ideas on his dA journal. :shobon:

It was amazing. I'm not usually for interference in the comic, but that was just the best thing.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

JazzFlight posted:

Chapter 1, Part 2!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwo11yAhu9A

Enjoy!
Welp, that's about it from Aramek's voice acting (he had only uploaded the first chapter). Unfortunately, he doesn't have PMs and it looks like he's barely posted on SA in the past year, so I'm not sure how to contact him for the rest of the series... I could always fill in with my own voice acting (like in the Troll-Off) but I don't have as nice a recording setup as Aramek did.

I'm so glad I could watch this in glorious 1080p high definition.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

From now on if anyone ever tells me they can hear what I'm saying when I'm talking to myself my response will always be "oh poo poo no you cant ummm" because that's just perfect.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

My big question is, who said "we can hear what your saying"? It can't have been Rob, because he CAN'T hear what Silver's saying. Was it Blaze, or Elmer Fudd?

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Jackie D posted:

oh man, Sonics not really dead is he?

"If you only knew the power of trolling... Pacman never told you what happened to Sonic."
"He told me enough! He told me YOU killed him!"
"No ... I am Sonic."
"No ... No ... That's not true! That's impossible!"
"Search your feelings. You know it to be true."
"NOOOOOOOOOOOO! NOOOO!"

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Noo, not Rob! :ohdear: If he goes out, I hope it's amazingly epic, especially since he's the only character we've met so far that could theoretically withstand the WORD OF DEATH.

Still though, that stoic look he's got in the 7th panel is sheer gold.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

NutritiousSnack posted:

Silver raises a valid point. There are no female trolls, I wonder if there is a legitimate reason for that in this.

They reproduce asexually through division, like amoebas.

Also, remember way back at the beginning, when Sonic killed that one troll and his buddy was like "No, why did you kill him? I love him!" All the trolls are secretly just self-hating gay people.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

FrenchToasty posted:

Since when is a hunter who eats duck and wabbit a cannibal?

Also, you have to remember that up until this point, trying to kill Bugs was Fudd's entire existence. Dude's having a crisis right now.

I think the argument is that since Bugs and Daffy were clearly conscious beings capable of abstract thought, communication, and love, that another similar being eating them would be like cannibalism even though they may not be the exact same species. I'm not sure if it holds up, but I'm pretty sure that's the rationale behind it.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

"peace bitches" is amazing, would make a great av for someone.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Wow... so Knuckles basically just murdered a guy for no reason. :psyduck:

Maybe he can go 'convert' Amy now though.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

If someone doesn't get an avatar of Luigi with a giant "do it" underneath I'll be disappointed.

Or really it could be any time a character asks a question like that. You put the question in the avatar, and "do it" in enormous letters underneath.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Holy poo poo, that last page had me dying. Everything about it is incredible but "hey give me a sec im gonna do a line real quick" was my favourite, closely followed by "yeah i would like to talk but cop's is about to come on". The best page yet.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Jelq Swagger posted:

The art is my favorite part to be honest.

You may be disappointed by "The Accidental Space Spy" then. The art is much the same, but he changed the way he draws eyes and mouths so everyone isn't walking around with giant bug eyes and an enormous toothy grin all the time. I think it's actually a really good change though, because it lets him actually show more emotions--for example, a surprised person can now have bug eyes and it stands out because they usually don't, unlike Hitmen.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

BRING it ON!!!!!

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Aristobulus posted:

Honestly I'm getting bored of this fight because he's not making it balanced at all. It's just Troll King completely stomping over Mario again and again.

Mario only seems to be putting up a fight in the sense that he hasn't actually died yet, but he hasn't actually even scratched Troll King. That makes it pretty boring cause there's no suspense about who is going to win.

Same, I've been thinking this for a few pages. It's really not interesting because the Troll King is apparently invincible. Even the foreshadowing that he can be hurt by Luigi's hammer didn't actually mean anything because now he has his robot arm that's apparently even better or something? I dunno.

I also feel like we don't need an entire chapter setting up the Troll King as very hard to defeat, we've already seen him kill Luigi and Sonic so that's established. Now it's just watching Mario bounce off him over and over again using whatever powers he can think up, and that's honestly not very interesting.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Trans-Angeles posted:

Oh poo poo, we're moving out of canon Mario moves GBS. What could this mean!?

I didn't even notice this thread was moved to BSS until now.

Also, are we really sure there's never been a Mario game where blue fire was involved? There have been a whole lot of Mario games.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Pigbuster posted:

I'm kinda disappointed Wile E. Coyote doesn't show up outside of one panel now, drat.

Same, that caught me totally by surprise and was incredible.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

I love how expressive he makes Pacman's face, and the range of emotions he shows with it. it makes it all the more hilarious just how gleeful he is to be searching for the dragonballs.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

nerdbot posted:

There's only one page left in this chapter (every other chapter has ended at the 21st page) so I wonder how he's gonna end it or if the fight will carry on into Chapter 8?

Yoshi is pretty clearly coming in to whisk Mario away at the last second.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Holy poo poo this is insane. Also, he was picking his nose with those hands just moments ago. Maybe he has satanic boogers.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

rudecyrus posted:

Elmer Fudd ate their brains.

I am speechless.

Pretty much this. I was reading the comic and then thought "Wait, what is he putting in his mouth there? Hang on a second... Oh. My. God. :psyduck: Elmer Fudd just ate part of their brains in order to access their memories. :psyboom:"

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Um, the troll is pretty clearly 'falling' for it in that panel, I'll have you know. He's practically horizontal.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

This team really is the most shockingly effective group of characters in the entire comic. Rob is a dragonborn, Silver has his magic powers, and Elmer is not only armed and dangerous, but is also a necromancer walking around with two corpses that he's clearly been saving to use as weapons. I bet Blaze has some great power up her sleeve as well.

Compare to Mario, who is powerful but only has Yoshi as an ally, Shadow who has the remnants of the Troll Slaiyers backing him up but they're clearly all dumb as poo poo, and Tails who is currently being mentored by Woodstock of all people.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Well that was weird and came out of nowhere. Why can white-hair-troll suddenly travel through electric lines? And not only that, but can also turn other people into electricity and bring them with him? That was really strange.

Also, what the hell are the trolls? Way back at the beginning of this story it made sense, they were basically internet trolls led by an actual real-life fairy tale troll, which was funny. But now they have random emo guys with superpowers and so on and so on.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

rvdleun posted:

Or how about we start removing some letters from Lazerbot... namely, the L, the A, the Z, the E, and the T. Then we get...

RBO...

Now let's hustle the letters for a bit, and what do we get?

Rob

Rob = Mary Sue wish fullfillment? An Author Avatar?

Can it be a coincidence that those three letters are in Dragonborn as well?

And if you take the remaining letters that were removed, LAZET, and rearrange them a bit...

TALEZ

:aaa:

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

This is insane. How many more groups can L-bot create? This is like one of those really long fantasy stories where halfway through the fifth 1200-page book all the characters from the beginning are all split up and in different places.

We've got Shadow and Knuckles and the Troll Slaiyers, whose numbers are pretty thin by now.
We've got Mario and Yoshi and probably some toads or something.
We've got Tails and the Defenders.
We've got Silver, Blaze, Rob, and the Neutrals.
And of course, who could forget the Trolls themselves.

And there's probably someone I forgot.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Guys. Guys. I just remembered that Ronald McDonald is a higher-ranking member of the Defenders than Batman is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Backweb posted:

I think they were chosen based on who drank the blood... just a guess.

I love how the dark lord obviously wasn't paying attention to the attendees he was handing out power to. He had several drunk, high "bros" (seriously, that's what they are) just walk on in, who hadn't heard of him at all, and just gave them the powers cos they wanted to get wasted.

This is amazing. Amazing amazing amazing. I love the amount of avatars this comic is creating. They're so far apart, random, and unrelated that I'm always worried people won't realize the lovely MS Paint-esque drawings are all related.

Also, who's to say Porky dies? Did I misread something? I'm assuming he's gonna be the new leader of the cult.

Well he didn't appear in the neutrals' hideout (so far), and he seems to be the odd one out in the group.