Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 26, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation

Lipstick Apathy

Regy Rusty posted:

I'm entirely convinced that everything about this intentional and Lazerbot is playing a character. Parts of the comic are just too perfect and self aware. Things like "I don't have loving ears" and "Sorry tails if this looks gay to the viewers". This guy knows exactly what he's doing and he's doing it brilliantly.

Who cares? It's hilarious, regardless of whether it's supposed to be comedy or drama.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

That motion comic is great, but my favourite handling of the gently caress YOU TROLLS panel is still the "sonic at the winter Olympics" one with the Smooth Criminal riff right before he says it.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Waffleman_ posted:

Wait, what? I don't think I've seen this.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Considering how half the early troll insults were about "feeding", I'm surprised that the LoL characters aren't more important to the plot. Teemo barely does anything and it looks like Heimerdinger is going to die three pages after being introduced.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Based on that expression on Silver's face, I'm hoping the next panel is going to be "what the gently caress are you talking about this i=>snt a game"

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

awesome-express posted:

Always wondered about this, why do people call dibs on avatars? Can't multiple people have matching ones? Since a whole bunch of us in AI got these fat goth avatars, so I assume it's ok?

I lot of people will go by avatar when they're skimming a thread, so if you have the same avatar as someone else, unless they've seen that poster often enough to remember the name, they'll confuse the two of you. People generally dislike being confused for someone else.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Unguided posted:

Teemo's death is kind of funny in that his play style in LoL is the use of guerrilla tactics to scout and interfere with the enemy's strategy, yet his death was loud and stupid.

If you've ever played with a bad Teemo, you'll realize that "Thought he could kill everyone by himself, shot in at super speed and exploded" is pretty accurate for the death of Teemo.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Man that page was great. Sometimes I wonder if people aren't just hyping this up beyond its actually quality because they're surprised it isn't 100% terrible, but that page was legit beautiful.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Boofy posted:

Ultraviolet is by far the worst film ever made.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLfUZ6aFyMg

Why would you ever watch this film when Equilibrium exists? As least the ridiculous implausible fight scenes in that film were entertaining.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

FrenchToasty posted:

I think most of us are digging it. It's just a vocal minority that doesn't like it.

I think Aristobulus has it right. There's nothing wrong with the fight, but at this point it's been weeks since anything has actually happened in the story.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Bloodly posted:

He needs that damm thing cauterised-that pathetic little wrapping won't do a thing(hell, it's already over-filled with blood and needs changing).

Though I'm more surprised he just tore the arm out like it's no big deal. How do these people do it? How is he still moving?

WHY did he do it? What possible benefit does losing that arm give him? It's not like he has the ability to make one out of stone like Garry or build himself a new one. I mean maybe he's banking on getting Fudd and having him make Eggman build him a new one, but why rip it off before getting Fudd?

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

toanoradian posted:

It's like her version of Iron Man's energy core.

I thought it was like Flava Flav with more commitment.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Haha that's pretty amazing. Appropriate choices character-wise, too. Is that made by LazB or someone doing fanart of both TGT and Madoka?

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

It's questionable to claim that it was always "outsider art" or whatever, though. Even setting aside any debate on the quality, I think it's hard to argue that the early pages were ~like that on purpose~ and ~all part of the plan~. It seems like it just got more serious at some point, maybe when people started paying attention. I'm not sure it was ever "boo hoo trolls are mean I'll make sonic beat them up" but I think it was if nothing else at least a more shallow parody of a specific thing at first.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

total agreement posted:

Now that he mentions it, I don't think there are cops or any kind of authority in TGT.

Most of TGT seems to take place in and around this nebulous kingdom that the troll king was exiled from. The only cities we've seen so far are troll city and the one that Shadow blew up. Presumably they're not in the jurisdiction of any police forces.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

If he can do all this why can't he fix his arm? "Oh it's all crushed" is a less valid excuse when he can tear his eyes out, rewire them, and then put them back in none the worse for wear.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

That loving Sned posted:

I wasn't planning on making another one, but then I remembered Silver's odd nickname. Does Lazerbot ever explain why Shadow calls him that?

He funded the troll slaiyers or something. I don't remember exactly what they used the money for, but that was the reason he was originally in the troll slaiyers.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Fucknag posted:

God dammit and I just bought this thing too.

So? It's still a funny avatar. I don't get why some people in this thread are acting like the end of the comic means they need to change avatars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Spaceman One posted:

I have to say, I'm a bit baffled by all the people who are disappointed and heartbroken by what's happened here. I don't quite understand what you were looking for out of this kid. You came to this comic because it was hilarious to see Shadow the Hedgehog brutally murdering people, and stayed because it was weirdly creative and genuinely funny. What about that made you think that this guy would have a nuanced view of human sexuality and gay rights? Wasn't it obvious from the very start that Lazerbot was a seriously strange, possibly unbalanced dude, with a level of discourse and philosophical insight that was barely above "13 year old on X-Box Live"? None of what's resulted should be at all surprising or shocking. I guess I just don't see what you all expected. I mean, wasn't his immaturity, ignorance, and borderline unhinged personality part of the appeal of this in the first place? Asking him for sensitivity and understanding is a total misread of what is obviously an incredibly egotistical, wigged-out, odd kid who might not be very high-functioning in the real world.

In other words, aren't his whacko breakdowns, bitterness at being called a homophobe, and claims to brilliant puppetmastery exactly what you wanted? I really never saw anything that said it would be anything else.

You might be able to see it in some of the posts, but at some point there was a turning point where people coming in and saying "haha this is so terrible" were getting shouted down by people who liked it earnestly, and a lot of people were starting to bandy about the idea that the various issues with quality were intentional choices by LB. So of course at that point people started expecting more, since the thread's population as a whole started tending more toward people who liked it sincerely. This also marked the point in the comic where the plot started dictating things more, so it was a lot more of characters plotting and fighting and stuff rather than random HIGH SHOVEL and troll murder, and the overall tone got a lot more serious. It was still silly because Looney Tunes necromancers, but the comic itself was following a more serious course, which meant that the people who just liked it for being a trainwreck got bored of it.

It's also worth noting that LB's claims to be a puppet master are predated (by months) by goons claiming LB was a puppet master who was totally misspelling everything on purpose and was secretly Shakespeare.