Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jazz and Liquor
Jul 2, 2011

by angerbot
Frankly, if I played League of Legends for any serious amount of time, my mind would schism away from it and create a fantasy world divorced from reality, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jazz and Liquor
Jul 2, 2011

by angerbot

Nilbop posted:

He is going to feel the same way everyone feels about their entire adolescence: absolutely loving mortified.

Basically. But he's as well-adjusted as he is eccentric, so he'll be spending a lot of time in the future saying "Well, it's not really like TGT, but it does explore some similar themes."

Jazz and Liquor
Jul 2, 2011

by angerbot

AndItsAllGone posted:

I've only read the first two chapters and, while completely bizarre and infantile, I can't deny there's a natural sense of comedy and timing in these. The seemingly random mash-up of characters and tropes, the campy one-liners, and of course the nonsensical grammar and spelling--it all comes together in something much funnier and more engaging than it deserves to be.

I know this is probably a bit too high-brow a review for this kind of material, but I really think it's remarkable.

There is a sort of wise nuance in what Lazerbot does. Compare this to hundreds of self-proclaimed authors that construct elaborate worlds picked wholesale from other media and still haven't written word one.

Lazerbot just picks up material and does it. And I think that's an impressive amount of initiative for someone with a lack of classical talent (as one would assume it was).

Jazz and Liquor
Jul 2, 2011

by angerbot

UnassemblyRequired posted:

Wait, is Porky a priest? It looks like he's wearing a collar in the last few pages. Was this already mentioned and I missed it? If so, then why is he married?

He could just be a preacher. There is no real division in some churches dealing with who can wear the collar and who cannot.