Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Not a Twat posted:

What! How can you say that? It's brilliantly insane. As a fan of lazerbot, how can you not appreciate it's absurdity?

Yeah, seriously. Nobody thinks House is a good movie, just a crazy batshit insane movie that is incredibly fun to watch and laugh at.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I only occasionally lurk this thread, but when I saw Lazerbot was having a Garry fan art contest I figured why not, I'd love to try and draw a lava monster so I punched this out today. Can somebody who's more connected to the kid get post it on his facebook or something? or wait, he reads this thread right? Is the pay wall gone?

Febreeze fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Oct 19, 2012

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Lazerbot is like the most chill person in the world

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

kidcoelacanth posted:

It's just going to be Tim Tebow straight up.

I actually debated that

Tell Lazerbot to make it a football player with no face and can throw footballs really hard with his lazer rocket arm. I don't care what side he's on. If he's just going to be a cameo OC who dies after one page, make it Tebow and kill him in glorious fashion.

I hope he kills my character after like one frame in glorious fashion. I also like how he called mine the "accurate" one despite the other dude sticking closer to the actual drawing.

Febreeze fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Nov 2, 2012

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I thought him killing the fat lazy virgin troll was hilarious even if it was a cheap shot.

Some of you guys really are a little too invested.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

The MSJ posted:

Hey moe foes you bright enough to enjoy this new installment?

That is amazingly both more straightforward and totally different from what I expected.

Oh my god that second to last panel had me in stitches. Nobody breaks the 4th wall like Lazerbot

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

The MSJ posted:

Febreeze, the goon who won the fan art contest, Lazerbot was asking for your OC.

Okay.

Hey Lazerbot, since you can read the thread, here is my Original character idea:

There is a Quarterback in the UFL, basically a small alternate football league to the NFL. His name is Jared Lorenzen. He looks like this.

He is also known as "Battleship Lorenzen", "The Pillsbury Throwboy", "The round mound of touchdown", "The hefty lefty", "Quarter(got)back", "BBQ(for Big Beautiful Quarterback)" and "He Ate Me". The joke is that he's fat, and good at throwing a football.

I want this man in your comic. Or at least a character based off Lorenzen. here is a quick 5 minute doodle:

Somebody like that. You can change the colors or his number if you want. I don't care what you name him. He's a big dumb football player who can only talk in grunts. His power, despite being fat and strong like Hulk, is that he can throw a football really hard, like a cannon.

You can kill him in one scene or take him to the finale, I don't care. I just want to see battleship lorenzen in Tails gets Trolled.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Wow uh drat. Lazy-B must have grand plans for this guy if he wants such details.

Okay. He's really dumb. Talks with grunts and gestures, can barely form a coherent sentence. Honestly I don't care what side he's on, but it would be pretty cool to see him crush some trolls with his fat and knock off the heads of others with football throws. So...neutrals or Slayers I guess? I pictured him as a bodyguard type, and Hulk's best friend and they high five a lot.

His powers, as mentioned, are his really powerful throwing arm. He also has a superbowl ring, he could use that to blind people or something, maybe leave imprints on people when he punches them. He's kind of like the blob. Not muscular, just huge and soft. People bounce off him. Basically the stereotypical Fat dumb football player everyone knew in High School.

That's basically it. No preference to side. Stupid, grunts a lot. Throws football hard. Either best friends with Hulk or Hulk's biggest rival. I don't care which. I leave the rest up to you. I trust your instincts, Lazerbot.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

produce posted:

This is kind of how I feel upon learning that out of the limitless possibilities for a wacky, creative TGT cameo character we get ... fat quarterback.

Sorry I happen to be interested in different things than you. Next time you can win the contest.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Just pretend all the characters are doing Dragon Ball Z-esque powerups in the downtime and we aren't really missing anything

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Yay, I was wondering when the new characters would show up

he's a foot ball player not a base ball player :allears:. It's also the only frame in the new one without any words. hahaha Im so excited to see what Lazerbot does with him

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

The Retard

hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

ComradeCosmobot posted:

Well, except for the Seinfeld thing. Doesn't really fit the setting.

Have you not read this comic at all? Jerry Seinfeld could get introduced tomorrow as a wizard cyborg and I wouldn't spend a second wondering why

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Stop discussing this stuff and let the man create in peace. The more we talk, the more influence we exert because he wants to please us, the more watered down the comic gets. Genius needs space. Genius needs freedom.

Lazerbot, to achieve your true potential, you must not only ignore your critics, but also occasionally your fans.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Calico Heart posted:

So guys, if my updates are to be believed, Lazey-B's birthday is the 29th.

What are we doing?

I hope to god this is true

because that's my birthday too

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Didn't he say he was working on something special? Why is everyone so quick to jump on the hack train

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

nerdbot posted:

I think we all thought the explanation of the troll castle was the special thing.

I'm leaning towards it being genuine though, but I've been wrong before.

It seems a little off sure but after the Dragonball Z panels where he directly mocked the viewers for making the comparison I'm inclined to think genuine until we hear from him. This seems like something he would do.

Its also hilarious

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

This thread is going to hell shut up shut up shut up. Maybe Waterhaul should close it until we get a new page.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Well, looks like the Trolls won in the end.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Almost every character in the comic is a self insert. Everytime a character goes on a long rant it just screams "lazy thinks this". Which is fine. But yeah I think if we have to pick one, it's Demaro. Saved by his third eye, powers he doesn't understand? is holding his own against the strongest necromancer in the universe? yeah, it's Demaro. I kinda wish it wasn't, I don't find him very interesting.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

My character got at least a single appearance in the comic before everything went to poo poo. This has been a success for me. I say everyone shut up and watch how his meltdown affects the storyline. Maybe he recovers, maybe it's doomed. I''m pretty entertained by the unsubtle digs at SA now. It's like watching a train derail in slow motion.

The Penny on the track was the homophobia chat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

El Belmondo posted:

Maybe if we wait long enough, he'll forget about us and just keep doing the comic.

I get the strong sense it only lasted as long as it did because of the attention it was getting him, from here and other places. If someone hadn't found it and plastered it here to laugh at it just would have been another stupid video game character deviant art comic, which are a dime a dozen. If we stop giving him attention he'll probably stop too. Basically I think it's too late for the thing. The comic is doomed, it's never going to get finished because his main audience has "turned on him", but we were the ones keeping him interested in the thing. The thread is likely done as well, and if Waterhaul closes it I doubt anyone would really miss it, as now it's just page after page of talking about how done it is.