Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving
And something has got to give

This thread is truly amazing, as is Lazerbot's magnum opus. I only wish I could draw worth a good goddamn in order to contribute. (I'm picturing a "Guernica" variation with the many doomed characters from the end-of-Chapter-4 team fight, their distorted agonies representing the ultimate futility of troll war.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

NoneSuch posted:

If anyone does try to finish it the requirement should be that it has to be concluded within 4-8 panels.

"NO SHADOW YOU ARE THE TROLLS"
and then shadow was the trolls

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

Adding to the chorus of "be honest, lazerbot." If it really is an equipment issue, I'm pretty sure the goons could get you a functional computer to get you back on your feet... but if you're just not into it anymore, that's okay too. I'm being completely non-sarcastic when I say you've given me and the rest of the thread a lot of joy, and you don't owe us anything.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

hahahah look at that noob.
what a talentless looking
fox

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

Oh gently caress yes. I am looking forward to the rest of Mario and Bowser's easygoing fire-breath fight, and while I'm not sure I'm in the market for a new avatar, I'm going to be very disappointed if someone doesn't pick up the Extreme Bowser Closeup from panel 4.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

"Ahahaha!!" was also my verbatim reaction to the first two panels. God bless you, lazerbot; it's so good to have you back.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I'll admit, "throw a giant rock on him while he's having a stupid fireball fight with Bowser and is distracted" is actually a pretty solid plan, at least by this comic's standards. How could the Hulk have predicted that a mysterious invisible Yoshi would show up and foil it?

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

"huh!!!!" as a reaction to getting your arm chopped off is just... just wonderful. (Then again, he is a troll and all. Maybe they regenerate?)

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

King Troll continues to just not give a poo poo. "How did you know that?" he muses as Luigi's green astral fire blobs jump out to burn him to death. Even in death, like a true troll, he refuses to carepost.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

So, anyone have any ideas what the Word of Death is, given those asterisks? I'm betting it's "cucumbent," personally.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

There's a lot to love about this new page, but I love how the Deviantart watermark interacts with the blank panel to make it look like the panel is just a reminder of the comic's author. "Sonic & Friends Get Trolled is brought to you by... lazerbot.deviantart.com!"

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

It's really a shame that Vivian's hand is blocking the view of Woodstock a bit, because otherwise black-robed, scowling Woodstock would be a great avatar. He might still be, honestly, because... Woodstock? Really?

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I like how Trollson isn't altered at all. His look is truly timeless!

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

Herr Tog posted:

Oh god why does this exis

There are two hypotheses:

1) Because lazerbot got yelled at in LoL one too many times; or
2) Because the Internet loves us and wants us to be happy.

Personally, I'm thinkin' the latter. This is the greatest Internet outsider artwork since Sonichu, and unlike Sonichu, the creator has a modicum of talent and a sense of humor about his own work. (And a plot that hangs together a little bit, and no blatant self insertion, and on, and on...)

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

uwaeve posted:

I'm a little sad the
text is so small
when this is reseized
to avatar sized

that's what
custom ti ->
tle text is
for

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

There is truly something beautiful about Pac-Man's grim realization that the Dragon Balls aren't real, so he needs to take real action to avenge his dead family and kill the trolls, like create a secret organization with Frogger and "Cheeto Man." Just beautiful.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

Bonsai Superstar posted:

I forget, does anyone actually know that Sonic is dead yet? Is his corpse still just rotting in the sun? :ohdear:

It's oddly appropriate to imagine that all the dead thus far (that we haven't seen buried on camera) have just been left to rot where they lie. Alternately, maybe that's where Knuckles is now? He sent Tails to the water park so he wouldn't have to see him burying the messy remains from the Random Sonic Characters Vs. Troll King fight.

That said: why hasn't Vector gotten some medical attention already? Someone ripped out his loving eye!

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

Lazerbot, from the bottom of my heart, thank you for not drawing any necrophiliac rape scenes. I think I speak for the whole thread (aside from maybe that dude who drew the "troll colt" with the giant dong) when I say that we respect your decorum.

Antivehicular fucked around with this message at 07:48 on Mar 25, 2012

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

Patriot posted:

Lazerbot can choose for himself if he wants rape scenes or not, please do not censor the artistic genius. :)

Um, dude's already chosen not to -- that was my point (although I noticed now that I missed the important word "not" in there). He doesn't want to draw that crap, and I definitely appreciate it. Besides, Silver being retconned into all those scenes just so someone can report on the carnage is a wonderful gift in and of itself.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

Man, Silver's trolling skills are amazing. Is this foreshadowing to his being a secret troll and ambushing Elmer and Rob now that they're in the troll city and far beyond help? :ohdear:

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

For some reason, every time I listen to "Ladies Get Trolled," I can only picture it being performed very sincerely by a sensitive singer-songwriter on a tiny stage, surrounded by the silent adoration of a small but intense group of fans. The sincerity really makes it, IMHO.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

Words fail to express my total amazement at this revelation.

I love you, lazerbot, and your comic brings me a childlike joy. It always delivers!

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

Today at work, I started writing a song/poem from Daffy's perspective about why he was totally okay with dying. I think this thread officially ate my soul.

... I'll keep working on it on Monday, of course. I have to at least figure out a chorus.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

nerdbot posted:

It's a little weird imagining a guy my age could write this, but the comic's amazing regardless of how old he is and generally Lazerbot seems like a pretty chill dude. I mean, yeah, he's got his issues with TROLLS but I mean, he's made fun of himself for drawing Emo Troll's cigarette backwards after we pointed it out, as well as the window Silver jumped out of, so I really can't imagine him to be this guy with huge anger problems who can't take criticism and literally wants to Murder All Trolls. He seems pretty dedicated to his comic but he's got a sense of humor about it.

Yeah, the really remarkable thing to me about TGT (and apologies if I've mentioned this in the thread before, but I can't remember doing so) is that it's basically had the opposite development arc of Sonichu, the work to which it seems most often to be compared. While Sonichu went from kind of trying to have a plot to eventually having Chris-chan exposit over the gory murder of his real-world enemies, TGT started with the uncomfortable "um, lazerbot, having problems at school?" violent wish-fulfillment but has since developed a plot that is always reasonable and often compelling. (Indeed, as several others have mentioned, TGT actually suggests that the wish-fulfillment violence was the wrong answer, since Shadow's campaign has led to pretty much nothing but the deaths of his friends and allies.) Top it off by the fact that lazerbot seems to be a pretty reasonable dude with a sense of humor about himself, and I think this is honestly just a fun comic project for him and one that should be encouraged. At least, it doesn't give me that queasy "I am watching a human train wreck unfold in real time" feeling that later issues of Sonichu did, so that's something.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I actually sort of want that "nascar" shirt, embarrassingly enough. It has a sort of amazing dada quality about it, which I guess fits for TGT.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

This is rather belated, but I really love that Mario and Luigi's parents had this bizarre functional-abusive household thing going on. Kario and Unnamed Wife(?) just seemed so casual about their stimulant abuse, domestic violence, and prostitution -- if only they didn't live in a house without a door in the back door, it would have been perfect. Well, that and abandoning children who would later kill them with a baseball bat and burn down the house, but that goes without saying.

EDIT: Also, lazerbot really is getting good at drawing authentically evocative facial expressions. His art's been improving steadily as TGT goes on, but the expressions in particular have gone from hahaha-amazing to actually pretty good!

Antivehicular fucked around with this message at 10:25 on Apr 7, 2012

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

The "gently caress you" is great, but for some reason I'm really in love with "what the hell I'm being lifted in the air?" Maybe it's the question mark -- even Mario can't buy that this is part of his consensus reality.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

Rest in peace, Underbite Troll. Somewhere in Hell, Hitler is ready to share his booze with you.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

Wait, doesn't this imply that Batman is the third-lowest in Defenders hierarchy after Woodstock and Doug? So he's below Arthur and Cheeto Man? Justifying them being above Batman is going to take some doing, but after Elmer Fudd's blood necromancy, I fully trust lazerbot to deliver.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I am totally going to start referring to people as "dumb looking dumb dudes" at the first opportunity. Maybe I'll even ask them to buy me some Twinkies!

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

Literally Kermit posted:

Oh man, I totally got this. I was made for this.

I don't want to make a lame "name/post combo" joke here, but I am sincerely glad a dude named "Literally Kermit" is available to record the insane Kermit monologue. Godspeed, good sir, and know that I'm looking forward to your work.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

Those rhinos rinos look battle-ready, all right. Dang.

The best part of it is that normally I'd assume that a page where a guy tells his team the plan and they all react about how great it is without the plan ever being explained on-camera would inevitably end in disappointment and stupidity, but at this point I actually trust Lazerbot to pull this off. Either Shadow's plan will be genius, or it'll fail in a way that's consistent with the continuing downfall of Shadow the Hedgehog. (I can't believe I typed that last sentence, or indeed care about anything involving Shadow the Hedgehog, but that's TGT for you.)

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

ComradeCosmobot posted:

Rob was decapitated, so that won't be happening.

I think decapitated corpses are still fair game for soul binds, just not for Neutral zombification. At least, it's been heavily foreshadowed that Tails will soul-bind with Sonic, and Sonic was also decapitated.

E:f;b

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

scarycave posted:

I was also thinking about making the Dragon Balls as secret collectibles.

C'mon, man, Pacman went over this. The dragonballs was a myth. They wasn't real. They didn't exist so he stoped looking for them.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

Yeah, if this were just a Sonic fancomic, TGT would basically just be Deviantart by the numbers; as a crossover with everything that comes into Lazerbot's head, up to and including Arthur and "Cheeto Man," it becomes delightful outsider art.

Speaking of delightful outsider art, that snake-head panel demands the avatar treatment. What in the world is it spitting? Poison? Electricity? Sinister energy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I'm going to have to re-read the Neutrals strips to see if Tom and Sylvester's dialogue was always this Achewoodian. I mean, Tom don't dig on jokes about his family. I guess Sylvester forgot that.