Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

Backweb posted:

I agree. This thread has become the only thing I'm checking regularly anymore. The PYF Macro thread, CAD Mock thread, Dominic Deegan mock thread, Strange Fanart thread... I've let them go by the wayside for the past week or so. But TGT? Before work and before bed.

One of the main reasons I enjoy this thread so much is that it provides a nice contrast to the mock threads you mentioned. Like their subject webcomics, I stopped being able to read those threads years ago. I just find the general atmosphere of 'okay, goons, see this guy? We hate him. ' to be unbearable after a while. This thread is just so constructive and supporting :unsmith:

Also, Lazerbot, shine on you crazy diamond. Can't wait to see what happens next :munch:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

Soonmot posted:

Remember, headshots and beheadings negate zombification.

I think only beheadings do. Remember, Daffy and Bugs were both shot in the head, then later successfully zombified by Fudd.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

ClownSyndrome posted:

God-drat, that blonde Satanist is a pretty cool motherfucker

What is he holding as a weapon? it's like a staff with 5 brown swords attached to it!

Looks like a weird pitchfork to me.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

JazzFlight posted:

I can't wait until lazerbot posts the next page... oh, what's that? Chapter 3, Part 1 Motion Comic is done? Well, alllllllllright then!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYfNSKtqyf0

As always, more to come in the near-future!

God dammit why can't I 5 this thread more than once

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

Haha, I hope Kermit replies "I have a girl friend"

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

bbf2 posted:

Personally I can't wait to see what Cheeto Man is going to teach him.

He's going to teach Tails to deflect the trolls' verbal assaults with lethal ripostes of silly wit - to be, in other words, Dangerously Cheesy.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

Sir_Vondruke_IV posted:

I'm debating changing my forum name to chill your pill or something of the like. Does anyone have any really good tgt suggestions?

"Need for Villains" or "with out villains"

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

JazzFlight posted:

Welp, here we go. Chapter 3, Part 2, folks:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TH7oxd-oW6s

Great use of
Deadly Premonition
music you
brilliant mother
fucker

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

Suzuki Method posted:

Can someone please explain to this young girl what 'doing schticky to your body' is? I keep envisioning that little roller thing Vince Offer shills. This is Saints Row's "feel boss" all over again :psyduck:

Rape. (I assume)

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

Panel 14 is also begging to be made into an avatar.

Also JazzFlight, you still rule.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

ThatPazuzu posted:

Ahahahaha his loving jet boots got me. I'm imagining him taking off slowly with a loud rumbling like a rocket.

Also, this wasn't a face-heel turn. It was more of a heel-heel turn.

Is it weird if I'm starting to 'hear' parts of these comics in voiceover form? I immediately imagined someone making rocket noises with their mouth at that point.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

Is Dexter going to teach Tails mad science? :allears:

Also, if Dee Dee shows up, there's no way she isn't a troll. Girl was straight up evil.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

Data Graham posted:

Lazerbot does not use words like "scion" and "phantasmagoria".

We are being trolled.

I agree with this. People need to :chillpill:

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

The brilliant thing about this is that saying Mystery Character is a 'bounty hunter' doesn't really narrow it down. I mean, Elmer Fudd's non canonically a necromancer, so I don't think it's necessarily going to be someone who's canonically a bounty hunter.

Actually, this bring up a question: which TGT character is played the 'straightest,' i.e. closest to their original incarnation in behavior and abilities?

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

HarkToTheLoons posted:

10 quesos on Strong Bad.

I hope Lazy B puts out another comic today. This cliffhanger is killer.

If Strong Bad or Hobbes shows up I will seriously lose it.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

Calico Heart posted:

I would sell all my possessions and kill my family because that is just too much

Yeah, but would you snipe a baby?

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

So who's the bounty hunter? I don't recognize him; is he an original character?

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

Using the TGT comic itself, I can predict the troll's response:

Troll posted:

wrohfofns knfofniosn fofksn ko fag fag fag fag fag sfs s,,vnskjnvj smovjsldjn vlsmclskd mcklsmckl smlfdd

Slate Action fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Aug 7, 2012

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

"I didn't know you was a earth bender" is the new "holy poo poo he's dragonborn"

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

Attention Horse posted:

Did our lord lazerbot say when "Tails gets trolled" will end?

I think he had an estimate at one point but then blew past it. I'm pretty sure he's just freewheeling at this point and, like most webcomics, TGT will just end suddenly when Lazerbot gets burned out on it.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

arachnobot posted:

Haha, I didn't notice the six-pack on that...thing until I saw the lightened version.

It has some pig-like features, I wonder if it's somehow the corpse of Porky that's had stuff done to it? :stare:

schticky?

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

Satanos posted:

As long as he's learned his lessons from the kind of crappy Troll King vs Mario fight, it will be.

Yeah, the major issue with that was he actually took too much inspiration from source material, in this case DBZ (Having a really long fight which ends in a draw)

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

Are new chapters planned? It seems like Lazerbot just goes 'well, that's the 21st page of this chapter, time for a new one.'

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

Look how good of an action shot panel 8 is. Just look at it.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

ThatPazuzu posted:

I think the fight is starting to drag on, but at least we get neat particle effects.

Eh, a bit early to complain I think, this is only page #6 of this fight. For comparison, the Mario vs. King Troll fight lasted 19 pages.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

Holy gently caress is panel 7 ever av worthy.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

JazzFlight posted:

Well, this page (21) finished the chapter. What was the "taking action" part? Did it imply the fight? Why were there so many faces in the chapter title picture that we never saw in the chapter?

The answer is that he is making poo poo up as he goes along.

(He probably has some kind of ending in mind but may or may not have a plan to get there)

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

Wait, is that supposed to be dramatic voiceover narration a la Jazzflight
Aramek at the bottom of the page? :lol:

Slate Action fucked around with this message at 13:18 on Sep 28, 2012

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

Isn't the fact that we don't see the explosion kind of the point? We've been having the story told from 'the villains perspective' for a few chapters now; the explosion is mysterious to them, and so it makes sense for us to not see the explosion either.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

Oh my god :lol:

How does he keep doing this? I should be used to him pulling these characters out of nowhere by now, but I'm dumbfounded every time.

Slate Action fucked around with this message at 12:54 on Oct 3, 2012

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

simplefish posted:

I have struggled in the past with the concept of a Neutral also being a Satanist. Lazy B delivers on the explanation. You can be Neutral as long as you have no good/evil fluctuations. As long as your emotion delta is zero, it doesn't matter what the starting value was.

"I'm always angry."

VVV Nah, he's a Troll Slaiyer. Come to think of it, we've never seen TGT-Hulk in Banner form, have we?

Slate Action fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Oct 9, 2012

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

bowser posted:

A friend just asked me "So why are they fighting the trolls? Why are there all these different allegiances and what do they want?"

That's when I realized I'm not a true TGT fan and I can't explain it to him at all :(. Anyone want to take a crack at summarizing the plot up to now into one or two sentences?

'The trolls are bad and many factions of characters want to take them out but they don't agree on how to do it and they don't necessarily get along with each other.'

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

:stare: :stare: :stare:

I've never laughed harder at TGT. Or possibly any webcomic.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

Wasn't there some talk a while back about buying LB an account and placing him on permanent probation so he could read the forums but couldn't post? Did we decide that would be a bad idea?

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

So we've some full circle to LB projecting his personal demons into the comic as characters and then executing them.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

"Shadow, dude, don't forget to high shovel or else the viewers will complain."

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

Is this supposed to be Lazerbot talking, or someone else?

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

Pigbuster posted:

This better be the background music for this part when the motion comic gets around to it.

Given that Chapter 4 Part 2 of the motion comic's been on hold for months, I'd put the ETA for Chapter...(what chapter are we on, 13?) sometime just after the ape uprising.

(Love what you do, Jazzflight. Aramek too.)

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

I can't wait to see how he eventually wraps the comic up. This poo poo's gonna have more ending fakeouts than Wayne's World.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

FadingChord posted:

Tails: "Whoa, I had this weird daydream where I got trolled!"

Lazerbot: "Whoa, I had this weird daydream where I made a webcomic!"

T R O L L C E P T I O N