Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

I actually believe Lazerbot is really 20. I mean, what 14 year old knows enough about Doug or the Trix rabbit to put them into a comic?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

I really hope Lazerbot makes reference the fact that Vivian is a dude. I want to see how obscure his knowledge can go.

[e] I just noticed the Cheetos mascot has a orange robe. I love this comic.

DrManiac fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Mar 19, 2012

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

I also love how erratically he updates. You read the thread and come back 2 hours later and there's already another page.

Somebody posted that Lazerbot's comic is better than CAD. Besides being true, it's really refreshing to see someone actually enjoy making their little comic after always browsing the CAD and Dominic Deegan thread.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

23 Flavors posted:

This is a really dumb question to ask this late in the series, but could someone tell me the name of that little short guy who has his eyes closed?

I think that's just a moogle from final fantasy.

It's not a moogle? It looks really close if it's not.
VVVV

DrManiac fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Mar 21, 2012

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

^^^
You might just want to wait a couple days for Lazerbot's next pages. Then you could be the first kid on the block with the newest craziness.

dipwood posted:

Shadow looking kinda like Beavis in the cover there.

Speaking of Beavis, any time the Hitmen for Destiny dude draws the blonde girl from the side she looks exactly like Beavis.

DrManiac fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Mar 23, 2012

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

FreakerByTheSpeaker posted:

I had a revelation today, that TgT is the first and only comic book I've ever read.

I'm never going to read another one. You can't top this.

LB is literally my favorite comic author/illustrator.

You really should look up Christian Humbler reloaded. It's nowhere near as good as TgT, but it has that same :wtc: factor with it's stolen characters and plot.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

NutritiousSnack posted:

New Goon Project: Have SEGA hire Lazerbot as new head writer of Team Sonic.

This is pretty much the only way I would buy a modern sonic game.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Sigma-X posted:

Sidenote: anyone not reading Hitmen for Destiny really ought to if they like this at all:

Here's a sample:
http://www.webcomicsnation.com/thorsby/destiny/series.php?view=archive&chapter=35079

loving magical :allears:

If this guy just wrote a book or outsourced the art and had a editor this story would be interesting enough to be a produce I would buy.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

I can't wait to see who porky is married to.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

I hope when Lazerbot wraps TGT up we get spin-off comics about random characters from random series doing poo poo.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Calico Heart posted:

I like how he makes an entire cup of coffee without seeing a neon yellow pentagram on his hand.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Each character is individually added in mugen right? if so, it doesn't seem like it would be too hard to do.

[e] I imagine the neutrals to play like characters in JoJo's Bizarre adventure.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

I think the reason I hate Jerry is most of the time tom was just doing his job of keeping pests from eating all the food (usually with his owner threatening a beating/kicking him out). A lot of the time it was usually Jerry taking advantage of a situation to get tom in trouble or hosed up (provoking the big dog? by messing with his puppie).

gently caress you Jerry :fut:

DrManiac fucked around with this message at 19:50 on May 13, 2012

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

I don't think I ever read anything that had so many unpredictable things happen. The most major surprises most stories have are like, 1-3? TGT has a few every chapter and most are things no sane person could predict. I don't think a story has ever made me say holy poo poo out loud.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

QuantaStarFire posted:

His first game was Sonic '06. Take that as you will.

That's the one where sonic team made sonic's love interest a 16 year old human girl in case you didn't know.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

And to think all this happened because somebody called tails a fag :allears:

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

simplefish posted:

About Arthur and one or two others: they were shown as being members but weren't in the list of "Bosses". Does this mean Tails won't train with them? Then again, Doug and Skeeter weren't on the list of bosses, and they had to be specifically excluded, so perhaps Tails will train with them after all. But I fail to see what could be learned from Arthur. Stay positive and play nice? "Believe in yourself, for that's the place to start"?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5PkGVaqWeY

Girafro posted:

Batman seems like a pretty lovely teacher. "I'm just gonna beat you up a bit for a few hours before telling you how to do this right."

To be fair this is pretty much every anime teacher ever.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

simplefish posted:

VIDYAGAME SPOILERS!

Big Bad frozen in ice? My first thought was:
Sephiroth ?!?!?!

Holy poo poo, if you think about it sephiroth was the ultimate troll. Able to troll people without even being fully alive.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

I love how knuckles is trying to woo his dead friend's girlfriend right after his death.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Strongylocentrotus posted:

Sonic was right all along.

Shadow in his hatred of the troll managed to become something even worse. I bet he's going to be the one tails has to kill in the end.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Aristobulus posted:

What? But Tails was always the "machine guy", that's not an invention of Sonic Adventure or something - Sonic 2 has him creating and flying the biplane for Sky Chase and Wing Fortress Zone after all.

I mean I agree it was better when they kept that as a side part of his character and didn't make it mean he had to ALWAYS be riding a mech around, but Tails being super intelligent was always a part of his character, is all.

That's why he can't learn anything from Dexter, he's already a genius.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

E the Shaggy posted:

What in God's name is Tails going to learn from Ronald McDonald?

Ronald is pretty badass

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdNaoYxzZ3s

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

SniperWoreConverse posted:

When I read the fake page the first thing that came to mind was "I'm not entirely convinced this is Lazerbot's work," but I didn't think he actually got hacked, I just figured it was some dumb fake page. Hopefully this gets resolved quickly and LB can get to putting out more without chumps annoying everyone.

Me too. The way LB writes is kinda weird, but I know instantly when someone tries copy it. The same thing happened when that goon went crazy and made a goatse edit.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Aramek posted:

To be fair, while it does make me a bit uncomfortable, working with everyone involved was all pretty chill. At least nobody looks like a DA-style furry, more like the whole game is "no humans".

(I keep saying this to myself in any case.)

Counterpoint :colbert:

Just kidding, art aside the actual game looks fun enough for me to actually hook my xbox back up.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Say what you will about the accidental space spy's art, the dude can make some pretty interesting (and horrifying) aliens.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Clever Spambot posted:

Garry is just lulling the monster into a false sense of security, hes going to pull out his new attack any second now

I unironically hope this is what happens.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Holy poo poo, the "tiny bird in a cage" was loving big bird!?

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

I hope this fight takes like, 2 months with rob steadily using all the shouts in the game.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

bowser posted:

A friend just asked me "So why are they fighting the trolls? Why are there all these different allegiances and what do they want?"

That's when I realized I'm not a true TGT fan and I can't explain it to him at all :(. Anyone want to take a crack at summarizing the plot up to now into one or two sentences?

Also, that Madoka crossover image is amazing. I wonder if Lazerbot has even heard of the show. I don't think there have been any anime characters in this comic yet. Probably for the best, it's already crazy enough as is.

Pretty much all this happened beacuse some random ugly guy called tails a human being :v:

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Holy poo poo, lazyb just loving :iceburn:'ed all the people who was talking poo poo about the last fight being too much like DBZ.

I think comparisons to DBZ are the only thing that makes lb's :chillpill: warm. Wasn't there some other dig at it earlier in the comic?

DrManiac fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Oct 28, 2012

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

I genuinely was thinking about how badass wile coyote was in the update.

This comic.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

horriblePencilist posted:

Rob's head in the first panel :ohdear:

It's going to be hilarious if Rob totally decimates this guy after his violent daydream.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

horriblePencilist posted:

Oh my god that last Pikachu is just breathtaking. Also, I'm loving how a Troll Slaiyer of all people bursts into tears after being called a douche. I love the names, by the way. It's like Shadow got sick of everything and just gave everyone crap names because he couldn't care less.

This is interesting considering Shadow used to be a troll. It's showing that shadow is still just as bad as the trolls.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

I agree oliver from ni no kuni should be in tales gets trolled.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Light Gun Man posted:

Super Troll Wars TGT :colbert:

This would actually work really well for the poo poo ton of characters and overly elaborate special moves.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

I'm kinda ok with this ending abruptly since that's how these things usually turn out. I'll still fondly remember it sometimes even though the author's kinda a shithead like christian humbler.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND posted:

TGT was always compelling because it was lovely. It's now even shittier because the author had a meltdown. Everything is great.

I think a reason a lot of goons actually started unironically liking TGT is because lazyb appeared to be the opposite of the typical ORIGINAL CHARACTER DO NOT STEAL type who makes poo poo like this. Like, he was making a comic beacuse he wanted too, not to bash real world people that made him mad or to get his furry rocks off. It was also cool beacuse he was more chill and better than some 'real' webcomic artist (buckley).

Now he's pretty much revealed himself to be just as big of a smug sperg which is really sad :smith:

DrManiac fucked around with this message at 15:31 on Mar 22, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

So HGT is pretty much reverse Riki-Oh?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)