Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

change my name posted:

Has anyone else noticed that shadow's plan is literally super smash brothers? Down to getting a special arena for everyone?

What makes you think this hasn't been Super Smash Bros. all along? This is just what all the non-Nintendo characters were doing at the same time.

... God I would play the gently caress out of Super Smash Bros: Tails Gets Trolled and basically forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Suzuki Method posted:

Sony is wasting their loving time with that Smash Bros. clone they're making. Nobody is going to buy it. If they just went and asked for the looney tunes rights and etc and made Tails Gets Trolled: Melee it would sell like hotcakes.
Emler's final smash is he puts on a troll mask and blasts 'wazer beems' out of his shotgun, then he becomes Troll Mask Elmer (think Zero-suit Samus)

Oh God, my mind is flooding with ideas for attacks for characters. I could see the original trolls (the ones who trolled Tails) appearing as Pokemon Trainer (they have a depleting Troll attack meter and they tag team to replenish) and unlocking so many characters and oh my Jesus.

Rob's taunts all involve him saying "WHAT?" and or "I DON'T HAVE ANY loving EARS" and he is banned from tourny play.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

bowser posted:

I can't wait for the audio recording of Kermit's speech all done in his voice.

Oh man, I totally got this. I was made for this.

I do have to wait until my house-guests leave to record anything, as I do not want to explain why I am repeatedly saying a half hour monologue of Kermit the Frog waxing on the bizarre gotterdammerung of the Muppets

I promise to record and post a take tomorrow night.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

okay guys lets record
some kermit and lern
some pacience

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/kermitbringer

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

ToastyPotato posted:

Wasn't there someone in the LP subforum who LP'd Oblivion and whose normal voice was uncannily similar to Kermit?

Twern't me!

Anyway, I did 4 (possibly 5, maybe a dozen) takes of Kermit's part in TGT for the stream. Consensus seems to be the most positive for serious "I've seen some poo poo" Kermit over a "straight" read of the run on sentence from the walls of text. I'll do a few takes of each and JazzFlight said he could cherry pick the best parts.

My favorite lines from this:

• "Have you ever been bitchslapped for lack of listening?"

• "You see anger is a double edge sword it takes both the people down"

• "the best challenge for a troll to troll is another troll"

• (and the last three entire loving panels of kermit's lines)

Also I was loving serious: Lazerbot will be considered the next Shakespeare and dA will be his Globe Theater (and probably will also burn down soon enough)

VVV edit: nope, I destroyed my voice by the third take, but I will do another stream soon and record it and make sure its public. (and thanks again for the turn out!)

Literally Kermit fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Jul 12, 2012

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Suzuki Method posted:

Oh gently caress's sake, did I miss Literally Kermit reading TGT? :negative:

:chillpill: im going
to be doing it
again soon this time
with pizzaz

Seriously, this first time was just to get an idea what sounded better, a fast literal read or a slow, meta one.

Fast is verbatim (treating the commas a natural pauses and taking short inhales so I don't pass out) and slow is "meta" ie Kermit speaking naturally, treating the commas as periods and pausing where dramatically appropriate (like hesitating before remembering "mis piggy") while still keeping a bulk of the typos (I'm still practicing saying 'im' same as it is in 'him' and 'dont' as it rhymes with 'aunt' as suggested).

The former is true to the presentation, the latter is more in lines of the meta-joke that Kermit is teaching Tails about patience.

I interpret Kermit in TGT as someone who has seen some poo poo, trying to warn this new soldier what's really important out there on the battlefield. He's ultimately wistful yet 'dumbass will learn' at the end when Tails ignores his training in favor for Spyro's.

And yes, I probably am over-thinking this. :negative:

Literally Kermit fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Jul 12, 2012

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Cechmanek posted:

I just realized that Mario heals quite fast.

Yeah, he's walked off much worse. He probably just ducked underwater and resurfaced. :v:

I wonder if Luigi is really gone for good, if he's from a world where green mushrooms (or a hundred gold coins) can give the dead another chance.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Redeadagain posted:

Death seems to be somewhat permanent in the TGTverse. Only necromancers can bring back the dead so far.

Maybe. Maybe I'm reading too much into the Toads' general reaction:

quote:

Mario: Luigi's dead.

Toad: Oh. That bad, eh?

... unless they really don't count Luigi's death as much as a setback? :smith:

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Olivia42 posted:

That's it. Is anyone up for writing a recap? Where everyone is, which camp they're in, and so forth? This thing is getting a little complicated.

On the other hand, re-reading TGT in its entirety seems like a great lazy Saturday activity. Or a good way to spiral into madness.

I'm crazy enough to attempt it. Maybe later tonight.

Mario seems to care a great deal about keeping the yet-unseen (but mentioned) Peach out of this conflict, leading me to believe he is in this to do what's best for the Mushroom Kingdom. He's their champion, after all.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

nerdbot posted:

EDIT: Also, it's kind of funny to imagine the Defenders in battle. Imagining Batman, Hello Kitty, Woodstock and Doug Funnie charging into a troll camp to save Cheeto Man and violently murdering all who stand in their path is a beautiful image.

I picture it being exactly like the Spartans against the Persians in '300', only the Spartans win and they all get high immediately afterwards but not Kermit because Kermit knows it ain't easy bein' green.

I haven't forgotten about recording Kermit's lines, I've just had a busy week. I'm pleased that Kermit has had additional dialogue since then, and that the run-on lesson about patience was entirely intentional.

That shows me Lazerbot goes beyond simple self-awareness, and has a better natural grasp of story-telling and sequential art than Buckley, Mookie, or Dobson -- about 30 years of collective experience!

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

JazzFlight posted:

Hey Porky... don't take your life away.
Listen to this new song instead:

Nooooo Porky Dont!!! (Song for Chapter 9)

Whoa poo poo, I best get crackalackin on audio of Kermit's lessons

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Tom Pridgen posted:

Ronald McDonald has displayed some unusual abilities over the years, such as conjuration and superhuman speed. Perhaps he will teach Tails useful secrets he learned during his battles with the Hamburgler.

Edit: ^^^ That is terrifying.

I have a terrible suspicion his back story is going to end with any number of fryguys raped and killed.

vvv mad props for knowing your Mc'Ds history!

Literally Kermit fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Aug 3, 2012

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

nerdbot posted:

On the contrary, I think the situation is hilarious and part of what makes the whole TGT experience so grand. I've never seen an ED troll attempt just fail so spectacularly and it's clear Ponyguy is really desperately clinging to his shtick. He hasn't even gotten a rise out of anyone, he's just getting booed to hell and back and won't leave the stage. It's wondrous to behold.

Lazerbot is a loving champ. He's a bizarre, modern-day 90's Cool Kid.

He's the Anti-Chris-chan. Save for squashing other people's IPs together in strange ways, crude drawings and unique manner of speaking (and trolls, of course) lazyB is the polar opposite of CWC. If they were cars, CWC would be the top-heavy SUV flipping itself over in a perpetual trainwreck, and Lazy "Thunderbolt Greaseslapper" B would be the jalopy lovinging pieced together from stolen parts, built for picking up chicks, drag racing, and most especially hot-boxing. Hear me out.

LB is a natural storyteller, having a good sense of pacing (usually), foreshadowing, and character development, all things CWC didn't grasp or didn't care about.

LB also has his comic peppered with healthy doses of original content, or failing that, bends preexisting characters to the point they may as well be. Chris mimicked what he thought other people considered cool, but ultimately his characters were shallow, self-inserts at best and vapid shells at worst.

CWC loved pandering, and trolls loved him for it. Lazerbot does shoutouts and listens to suggestions, but canny enough to pick up on obvious trolls. It's telling how they got 'famous': Chris tried promoting himself on 4chan, overreacted and it snowballed from there. As far as I know, LB enjoys fans but doesn't really care. He has a story in mind and doesn't give two shits if you like it or not.

CWC 'fans' were strictly ironic or malicious - he alienated any real fans years ago by being rude or by not updating for months. LB pumps out several pages a week, he has as many genuine fans as ironic ones, and is basically rad as gently caress- the fact ED itself seemed annoyed by the dA account hacking as any speaks volumes.

Which comes the point: CWC has a wiki. It's more about him as it is about Sonichu, very creepily so. That's because no one actually gave a gently caress about Sonichu as a story- it was just a portal into what ever fell darkness lurks in a thirty-something autistic man's soul. Speaking for myself, I could give a poo poo about LB's private life- I'm strictly here for the yarns what he spins. And I would love a dedicated resource that tracks its characters and developments. We don't have one, as far as I know.

Is a TGT wiki that bad an idea? The OP is chock full of resources but we're getting to a point where there's enough content to warrant one. The major deal breaker is thinking if trolls tried to use it as a resource, but gently caress, man, if the last couple days are any indication, it's trolling on a CWC level is a group effort, and the only ones trolling LazyB are sad lonely ones that really suck at it.

Just food for thought, since setting up a website is on the 'to-do' list.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

So TGT will end with Tails killing God?

Well within his second amendment rights, of course.

Castle doctrine, bitch

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

I've been out of service for the past month and a half, and I just caught up with one go. The fight scene was pretty good when taken all at once. The chapter ending and picking back up mid fight was incredible. Then being hit with these last three updates? I fell in love all over again. And Rob's back. :unsmith:

I'm behind on where the TGT songs and motion comics are at - is there still time to record Kermit's long rear end lesson a few chapters back? I'm still willing to do it, if the moment's not slipped by.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

The "MEANWHILE-*trollfaceson*-MEANWHILE BACK" page was the greatest thing I've seen in a comic book in a long while. Got me thinking about why I like TGT so much, so here are my thoughts on the subject, which if you want to skip, can basically be summed up as :hawaaaafap:

At this point, I no longer know what to expect out of TGT, nor do I care. It's transcended being a work of fiction and should now be officially reclassified as a 'ride'.

All I can say about Lazy-B is the man is a natural storyteller. In fact, he's a natural tall-tale-teller, and if he had been born a century ago he'd probably be doing a story involving a zombie Paul Bunyan or a Dragonborn Little Nemo tearing poo poo up in the Thousand-Acre Wood or something like thatand probably be just as mesmerizing as TGT. He'd probably do it in woodcut, too.

Rob became my favorite character immediately after his introduction into TGT. After the brilliant reveal that he's dragonborn, Rob became impossible for me to classify -- because I don't know a word that means 'super-favorite'. We learned that Rob is incredibly dangerous, very powerful, but also a genuine good guy. We've only seen a fraction of what we know he's capable of, but we know above all else, he keeps his promises. Now he's rushing into an enemy base with a loving 'R' on his chest. I loving love Rob. I am emotionally invested in Rob. Good luck Rob. :unsmith:

Also, re: troll genocide :wtc: Silver

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

JazzFlight posted:

In case anyone was wondering when another motion comic would finally pop up, I'll give you an update:

I still don't have power since Hurricane Sandy (no house damage, thankfully.). I was just about to start on 4-2 right before the storm and had no idea I'd be out for two weeks. I'm hoping for this weekend now (provided I get power back by then).

Good things take time! And completely incidental, more time to get my lines for Kermit done. :v:

TGT occupies my thoughts lately. I heard "Rainbow Connection" on the radio the other day and I involuntarily replaced the chorus with:

Someday we'll find it
The Trolling Connection
The Slayers, The Neutrals, and me

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Dragonatrix posted:

It isn't; it's just stuff from the background of the panel right of it, and some of Hindo's electricity from underneath.

Haha, holy poo poo, you're right - still, even if it's by coincidence, I kinda dig the whole CHIM theory. Rob ain't gonna be bitched by no skeever-butt.

Tonight I caught up on TGT and tonight I cried twice - first manly tears and then happy tears. Why the hell is this so much better than anything we usually pay for?

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Febreeze posted:

Okay.

Hey Lazerbot, since you can read the thread, here is my Original character idea:

There is a Quarterback in the UFL, basically a small alternate football league to the NFL. His name is Jared Lorenzen. He looks like this.

I want this man in your comic. Or at least a character based off Lorenzen. here is a quick 5 minute doodle:

You can kill him in one scene or take him to the finale, I don't care. I just want to see battleship lorenzen in Tails gets Trolled.

I'd rather just see him cameo in every chapter, just as a background character, just doing nothing other than stand around exactly as pictured.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

nerdbot posted:

Panel 2 Rob is great, but Panel 5 Rob is not getting enough love.

The longer this fight goes on the harder it gets to believe we all thought Rob would die to this fucker.

Panel 5 Rob is possibly my new favorite panel of anything, ever, just because of the awesome number of fucks Rob is clearly not giving.

Pretty good avatar material too

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Saphion posted:

Today I found myself in the rare position of actually having some spare time, so now you have to be subjected to some weird 90's comic book hero Rob I drew for some reason.

Look upon my works, ye Goons, and despair!

:allears: (we should have a :noears: at some point, but what on earth would it look like?)

Goddamnit, Rob you are the coolest superhero. Shuttin down villain monologues like it ain't no thang!

I love the old-school fisticuffs pose in panel nine. poo poo is about to go full John L. Sullivan up in this here bitch.

... oh god, I still have to record all of Kermit's lines before it's too late :negative:

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Doc Hawkins posted:

cut my vines / into pieces / this is my last resort

Are you implying Rob has a civilian identity? We've never seen him out of a superhero suit, but I guess he could have a job as an airport baggage handler or something.

He is the Rob. There has always been a Rob. There will always be a Rob.

He is Robhikiin.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Tacostein posted:

No, but seriously, how is this web-comic not over? Interest has been waning for a long time now, and with the never ending fights seeming to be a standard of the comic, how is it to recover? Lazy-B has shown us his true colors, his true pills. They are not chilled. They are melting like the wicked witch of the west.

Get a look at this poo poo-pizza munching batsard :mmmhmm:

The "never-ending" fights aren't so bad when read as an archive, but yeah, I agree they drag on when waiting update to update. Then one update comes along and restores your faith in everything.

Kind of like Christmas, alright? Exactly like loving Christmas.

Watching Rob adapt and create whole new shouts is cool. My :chillpill: endures.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

JGBeagle posted:

Anyone else notice that these long-rear end fights only seem to happen between his original characters? Maybe he doesn't know what to do with them since their backstories/motivations aren't laid out in stone for him.

He got us hooked on the neutrals before switching us over to the poo poo he cut with angel-dust and bleach.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

scarycave posted:

Anyways, here's Cream -

"poo poo I FAILED"

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Hey JazzFlight, is the next part of the motion comic the one where Kermit the Frog appears? If not, is there still time to submit a 'tryout'?

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Wrist Watch posted:

I hacked LB's computer and found these deleted scenes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLwSDaxZXpI

Wrist Watch im
Surpriced at you
Solving this with
Such Villians

I began distraughtly squirming around in my seat by method #4. You?

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

tiistai posted:

Does anyone know what a dission is? Decision?

Dissertation?

poo poo chapter 6 is getting recorded? Chapt. 10 looms closer.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Jesus Christ Super Star

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Just checked the thread, and this exactly what I saw:

Sorry Mario but ->
you
Failed

e: loving photobucket. I am the failure. It's me.

e2: END OF THE THREAD, MARIO.

Literally Kermit fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Jul 18, 2013

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Haha, I love Spyro's "Rob face", it's almost like they're re-

Oh.

Oh poo poo.

HE'S DRAGONBORN.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Pretty much everything the last few pages have been solid platinum.

Oh Doug. :allears:

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

scarycave posted:

I don't know if its been confirmed, but was Troll face the guy that raped Porkchop?

Has there been any other troll than Troll Face confirmed to rape anything, much less animals and corpses?

Telepathic Kermit :allears:

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Pawl posted:

Five dollar footlongs :allears: I'm really hoping there is a fast food war subplot in the near future.

Jared confirmed for brawl troll

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

JazzFlight posted:

Ugh, lazerbot posted a bunch of snarky replies to youtube comments on my latest video on the tailsgetstrolled channel.

Sure I take a while with new videos, but he doesn't have to be a jerk about it.

I have to keep reminding myself to tune him out sometimes and just focus on the drat comic by itself.

Heres how you deal with them trolls

:fut:

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Aristobulus posted:

Holy poo poo the entire comic could just switch to being only about Knuckles and I would not mind at all.

Perhaps this is the truest trolling, in that the comic about Tails getting Trolled becoming about Knuckles WAS the trolling upon Tails that was played upon. :downs:

Seriously, though, the expressions are priceless, and I think pretty much every recent page has had at least four or five avatar-worthy panels in it.

Tails gets Stoned. :350:

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Jack Idyllwild posted:

I think that it's about time for us to address the serious overload of misogynistic attitudes on display in lazerbot's work.

Don't touch the poop, especially when this poo poo is gold.

Deep down in my heart of hearts I know you're kidding about this, but I really don't want another three page rant from lazy-b harshing the mellow we got going this chapter.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Penguingo posted:

Are you genuinely equating "posting things other than constant, embarrassing, fawning praise, on a separate internet forum" with "touching the poop"?

Your point is taken, Penguingo- I didn't mean to come off that way. I agree lazy-b has a lot of issues and I'm sorry if I come off as fawning. I genuinely enjoy the comic, is all.

And also sorry Jack, honestly didn't pick up that you were kidding. I'm terrified of SJW :smith:

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Paramemetic posted:

If this is lazey's way of transitioning into Hitmen for Destiny style situational comedy, I'll have no complaints.

Haha, it does have that vibe to it! Only, you know, just with a fuckload more pot. :350:

Still, I prefer the whole UST betwixt Silver and Blaze. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

scarycave posted:

All I can think of is Doug shaking his tiny fist in rage.

For added effect, play this in conjunction.