Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spaceman One
Apr 24, 2012
What does "badie" mean? Is the troll calling him a "baddie", as in a bad guy? Doesn't seem like a very troll-like insult. Is it another League of Legends thing?

Also, just how many trolls have broken into the apartment? Purple mohawk troll, fu manchu beard troll, blue-skinned troll and Gary Oak troll? lazerbot is letting these panels get too zoomed in...the scene needs to *breathe*.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spaceman One
Apr 24, 2012
I like how Daffy is just as checked-out and comatose as ever, while Bugs is immediately considering a place they can neverbe found with a sly grin. Bugs' face says so much here: he's glancing over at Daffy as if to say, "hey man, we're alive. Crazy, huh?" while Daffy is obviously responding "..."

nerdbot posted:

What I want to know is the terms of Bugs and Daffy's revival. Are they just Elmer's puppets? Zombies? Are they fully cognizant and ready to Slaiy Trolls? Was this all part of their plan??

Could Bugs and Daffy be the "neutral's" of the title? If Fudd is controlling them, maybe they break free from his control and form their own faction.

Spaceman One
Apr 24, 2012

visceril posted:

According to the images in the link the guy in naruto didn't have satanic marks on his hands, so it seems more like the D&D necromancy to me

I think it depends on whether Fudd is actually controlling them like puppets with those energy beams. If he is, it's obviously a Naruto-inspired thing. We know he likes anime and that he watches Naruto, and the power would basically look and act the same.

If not, and it's just your garden variety necromancy, then it's probably D&D-inspired (though even then, there could be some Naruto thing happening). I will note that there aren't any energy strings in Bugs and Daffy's two large panels at the bottom. The next page will probably solve this.

Spaceman One
Apr 24, 2012
If zombie Bugs and Daffy can battle on their own, I wonder if they'd be affected by the Words of Death?

Also, I like that fact that even though the Troll King has now been completely revealed and has lost all his mystique - he's just a shaggy-haired anime - this isn't how he appears in Daffy's memories. Daffy saw and remembers the Troll King as a creepy, sinister presence in the shadows, which was all that *we* could see in the first chapters. It's a strange little detail that really sells it to me.

Spaceman One
Apr 24, 2012

The MSJ posted:

I only now just realised all the high-ranking trolls including the king looks like anime characters but all the 'good guys' are either anthropomorphic or just plain cartoon characters. Except for Rob, who is still not very anime.

I have a feeling that lazerbot has a friend named Rob who he promised to include in the comic. "Dude, it'll be sick, you'll be a dragonborn and everything." "What's my tragic flaw, my hamartia, if you will?" "You have no ears." "Genius."

Spaceman One
Apr 24, 2012
oh yeah i was waiting for this :smug:

Spaceman One
Apr 24, 2012

withheldmcfakename posted:

The five of them went out drinking? Elmer, Coyote, Sylvester, Tom and....is it time to open up the pool on the last Neutral?

I'm going for Yosemite Sam like someone said upthread, but I wouldn't be surprised if there's another curveball (like perhaps an existing character?).

I'm going to say Pepe Le Pew, carrying around the body of the cat he was always trying to seduce. lazerbot is not afraid to broach these delicate issues of gender inequality and institutionalized violence.

Spaceman One
Apr 24, 2012
Something I noticed: the title pages of chapters 2 through 7 had red text on yellow backgrounds. The title page of "the neutral's" has red text on a black background. Does lazerbot consider 1 as the introduction/prologue, 2-7 as the first story arc, and 8-13 or so as the next story arc? Are we currently in TGT's Clash of Kings, if you will?

Spaceman One
Apr 24, 2012
gently caress man......this is
heavenly

Spaceman One
Apr 24, 2012
I can't if this story arc proves that lazerbot really is 13 or really is 20.

Spaceman One
Apr 24, 2012

Tortuga posted:

A pretty big "gently caress You" to Wile E's authority from Tom there.

What's funny about this all coming down to "fuds choice" is that Fudd has been by far the flashback's most chill and unopinionated character. The only time he made a fuss was when other people were getting unchill and needed some shotgun-threatening. Maybe that's why Tom looks to him - he knows that Fudd has been the bro to keep things from getting out of hand, like when Sylvester and Tom started getting a bit too catty at the bar. (did lb make Tom and Sylvester rivals because they're both cats...? :aaa: )

Spaceman One
Apr 24, 2012
I love the idea of using "fullish" to mean one that is both foolish and full of themselves.

Spaceman One
Apr 24, 2012
Kermit's lines at the end remind me of the kung fu sample from GZA's Duel of the Iron Mic:

At the height of their fame and glory, they turned on one another…each struggling in vain for ultimate supremacy.

In the passion and depth of their struggle, the very art that had raised them to such Olympian heights was lost…their techniques vanished…

It would actually be awesome to hear that sampled in the TGT video for the eventual chapter in which the Defenders turn on one another.

* Edit: Troll Slaiyers changed to Defenders...forgive me :negative:

Spaceman One fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Jul 17, 2012

Spaceman One
Apr 24, 2012

Regy Rusty posted:

Seems to me Emerl deserves a bio, if only because his remains are having long term effects on the story.

It should include some variation on the phrase "im a badass robot".

Spaceman One
Apr 24, 2012
Garry's going to form a new stone-arm out of the rubble.

Spaceman One
Apr 24, 2012
My favorite part is how the dog goes from "Hell yeah, killin' trolls" :black101: to "Hey guys look what I did" :unsmith:

Spaceman One
Apr 24, 2012
This page is some serious Jojo's Bizarre Adventure-ness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spaceman One
Apr 24, 2012
I have to say, I'm a bit baffled by all the people who are disappointed and heartbroken by what's happened here. I don't quite understand what you were looking for out of this kid. You came to this comic because it was hilarious to see Shadow the Hedgehog brutally murdering people, and stayed because it was weirdly creative and genuinely funny. What about that made you think that this guy would have a nuanced view of human sexuality and gay rights? Wasn't it obvious from the very start that Lazerbot was a seriously strange, possibly unbalanced dude, with a level of discourse and philosophical insight that was barely above "13 year old on X-Box Live"? None of what's resulted should be at all surprising or shocking. I guess I just don't see what you all expected. I mean, wasn't his immaturity, ignorance, and borderline unhinged personality part of the appeal of this in the first place? Asking him for sensitivity and understanding is a total misread of what is obviously an incredibly egotistical, wigged-out, odd kid who might not be very high-functioning in the real world.

In other words, aren't his whacko breakdowns, bitterness at being called a homophobe, and claims to brilliant puppetmastery exactly what you wanted? I really never saw anything that said it would be anything else.