Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

I'd say he wrote himself in a corner, but that'd be wrong.
Lazerbot doesn't write.
He captures glimpses of his vivid imagination and casts them onto digital paper.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

nerdbot posted:

To be fair, Aramek is going to have to perfect a Trix Rabbit, Doug Funnie AND Pac-Man voice for the next chapter. That requires a lot of mental preparation.

What even is a spot-on Pacman voice? That voice from that SatAM-cartoon? The heavily compressed screeches from Pacman 2 for the SNES? The Wakka Wakka sentencemixed into his entire lines?

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

nerdbot posted:

I would say just do Fozzie Bear, but considering the fact that we're only one Neutral-eats-Big Bird's-brain moment away from a flashback detailing Fozzie's grizzly suicide after the Muppet Trolloff...

That must be quite distressing for Kermit, having someone in your team who sounds exactly like somebody you lost.
"Oh Pacman, every time I
hear your voice, I can
only think of his last wo-
rds - eat a dick, noob."

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

Wait, I got it.
This.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

"i decided to draw my self a picture of our beloved character elmer fud, a fan art of TGT by the creature me, enjoy."

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

lazy-b posted:

i will b also working on multiple projects besides TGT

Oh boy.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

Q - "Other projects?
Are they private, or is there something for us as well?"

A - "there working progresses i want people to be surprised"

I'm stoked.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

Check out Elmar's anime-as-poo poo collar.

Also, I think Coyote will only have the Road Runner as his puppet, because he doesn't need an army of toons.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

The shadow could be Mario. It has his nose and hat.
By the way, look at Rob's face. Lazy-B has improved so much.

Also, LazerBot named this chapter "chapter 14 puppte battle"

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

That was masterful. Did you notice how clean some of the lines are? Looks like he started using the pen tool.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

I am completely fine with TGT becoming meta and self-aware to a brutal level, I mean, obviously LazyB is still able to produce quality content with the shift of focus.
I guess what would be interesting to see if he wrote a comic in advance and only publishes it after the script is finished, as untouched from ED, SA and the others as possible. Online artists often have the (bad) habit to instantly upload stuff as soon as they get it done, which potentially causes a shift in focus on the story, as seen here.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

Rob won't lose to a nobody, he promised Elmer.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

Georgia Peach posted:

Hey, Febreeze is one of the winners of the fan art contest.

Yeah, Febreeze won, along with a guy who drew this

quote:

Due to having two winners they both will have one of their OC's in the comic, thank you very much for creating and submitting fanart, for the ones who won has to submit and link me whatever OC they want in the comic, and send me a note on DA or FB (or any other method) debating on that OC's (reasonable) abilities, personalities, catch phases, or if you want him/her/it to be a troll or a good guy, (please note that the characters you submit could be killed off at any given moment for no given reason, and can be used in whatever way i seem fit to the storyline and may not appear in the comic for some time) thank you again
Catchphrases, guys.
We have to make this count.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

quote:

Johnny Maximum is a brutal "killing machine". He plays football because of its violence, and he searches for victims in the World Heroes tournaments. In World Heroes Perfect, it was revealed that he has a wife and child.
That fits so well in TGT lore it's not even funny.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

Dammit Lazy-B, you were so close to your spotless anti-troll tactic record. Was it worth it?
Anyway, check out Sylvester's massive shoulders. I never noticed them before.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

I imagine LazyBs hmmmmmm to be like the catchphrases in Animal Crossing.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

soscannonballs posted:

So I might catch some hate for this, but I am really starting to get suspicious of Rob. I think he has his own agenda that he has kept hidden from Silver and the Neutrals and in the process of working with them decided that Elmer could be of use to him. What if Rob is working with Alex and they are in some plot to wrest control from the Troll King?

How could he plot against his friends without ears?
One thing that bothers me though is that Rob seemingly has no backstory. Hell, if there's anything we know about troll fighters, it's that they have one hell of a reason to dislike trolls. We've seen/heard several explanations as to why they don't like trolls, but Rob is the only one without a clear reason. Maybe it's because LazyB originally added him as a joke, but I don't see why he wouldn't just tack on some crazy backstory as to why Rob fights trolls.

edit: Speaking of Animal Crossing catchphrases, I should make a new file just to set every catchphrase to "hmmmmm".

horriblePencilist fucked around with this message at 10:04 on Nov 7, 2012

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

I like how Blaze out of all people is the one who stays the most in character. I wonder if LazyB actually knows her characterization?

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

simplefish posted:

I actually chuckled and murmered "Oh, Silver!" out loud when I read his joke to impress Blaze. Poor ignorant sod.

That's what I like about TGT-Silver. He's proven himself to be a badass when poo poo hits the fan, but he couldn't stop being a socially awkward klutz if he tried. He's legitimately a better character than his "canon" version.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

"It's been over an hour, I can get this started." Either Demarro has a really bad sense of time or both him and Wily are disciples of Kermit.

I think he's referring to the summoning of the guardian. LazyB works after strict game logic, so special attacks gotta have cooldowns.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

ChaosSamusX posted:

TGT Silver may be an order of magnitude better as a character. Wasn't original Silver just a generic video game quasi-badass with absolutely no characterisation beyond a few minimal points?

There are hints of a character. He's very driven with purpose and wants to do the right thing, but he's kinda dense and thus easily fooled. Kind of like Knuckles, only less self-centered.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

Doc Hawkins posted:

Silver and blaze have been killing helpless people in cages for at least an hour. Jesus christ.

But they actually trapped the trolls well after the battle ended, let alone Demaro summoned the Guardian. That actually happened very early in the fight, and considering it lasted over 30 pages, some time must have passed since they started.
That being said, it's pretty impressive the buck-toothed troll survived for that long. You'd think the ones on the sides would die first.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

23 Flavors posted:

Not sure what's so confusing about the portal sequence. It's opening up and starts small, then grows to let the demon through and closes again once it's out. As for the last panel, I think it just shows that Coyote is about to use his neutral powers, so we are about to see him animate a corpse for the first time. It also serves as a reminder that Coyote's powers are different, hence the yellow strings. Plus it let's the reveal of Coyote's corpses come at the beginning of the next page instead of the end of this one.

embergram and lazerbot have both stated that the next page is really awesome, so I'm actually looking forward to what comes next.

The confusing thing is that the volumetric light emitting out of the portal is the same color as the strings, and since we've seen the strings used so frequently in a similar manner, it's easy to assume Demaro used strings to open the portal, even though they clearly do not connect to him.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

What if the Road Runner's puppet was an ACME employee?

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

Demaro screamed so hard it went oustide his bubble.
In all seriousness, Coyote's strings look awesome.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

You know, that last panel reminded me of something:

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

This is it. We'll finally get to see how Knuckles caught the Road Runner.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

I need to check the Neutrals-Chapter again, to see if there's any signs of the book. Did Coyote make it, find it in the church of the neutrals or maybe even ordered it from ACME?

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

I couldn't find any links to the Neutrals/Satanist and the book, but I was reminded of this little gem right here:
LazyB has made leaps and bounds of progress in terms of shading. We're all proud of you.

Edit: I just realized something. If Gary was an earthbender, does that mean Alex is one too? He doesn't have to be, but it's possible.

horriblePencilist fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Nov 10, 2012

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

Jago posted:

Demaro turned the sky red by causing an eclipse of the sun because of "moon guardian". Wily doesn't seem worried.

don't get me
wrong the
guardians are
strong but hahaha
well... hahaha

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

Perfidia posted:

This page was so confusing to me when everybody started talking about red skies and books, and I thought you all had gone (colour-)blind because there was absolutely nothing there and last page's image was totally different.

Turns out I had adblocked DeviantArt ... oops?

That sounds like a pretty great idea, actually.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

Also, I recently noticed Demaro's hoodie actually has some emblem on the back. I tried finding any image of his back, but to no avail. I asked LazyB, but he was being pretty cryptic about it. Classic LazerBot, basically.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

An entire goddamn trashbag full of ready to go-blunts. Cheeto Man is the loving best.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

Regy Rusty posted:

I like how rather than just having the Coyote/Roadrunner conflict take place in the generic grassy land that TGT takes place in, they have instead traveled to a desert to match the source material.

Well it is his comfort zone, but I guess we have to update that map.

Also, yeah, the palette in this scene is pretty great, I wonder if he picked the colors from a screenshot.

Edit: Oh god, I'm calling it right now. Knuckles catches the Road Runner with weed, and that's why he thinks he can come up with good plans.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

Aristobulus posted:

You could if your dealer was the Cheetoman.

This is half his stock we're talking about here. I think he had to get rid of it all real fast. The cops were on his trail.

Edit: Look at the second panel. Guess Knuckles isn't wearing mittens after all.

horriblePencilist fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Nov 12, 2012

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

I wonder if the batsard was unintentional or is fanservice at this point.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

^ I bet he'd be wearing one of those Naruto-cloaks.

withheldmcfakename posted:

"no its an awesome loving plan"

What. A. Callback. Endlessly echoing the lazerlove.

Maybe this is the actual codename for the plan. Also, is the drug-dealing community always this mutually friendly and respecting?

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

^ Oh god, the first signs of a fanbase have already begun. Not too long until they'll come up with a name to identify TGT-fans and create Ponify-modifications that tints the internet in LayzB-lingo.

simplefish posted:

To anyone saying that the weed is too cheap to be realistic: that's your issue with this comic? Not that it has entirely its own geography and yet Canada still exists?

Now I do like that blunt birdseed plan, but I thought that perhaps Shadow would use his super speed to catch Roadrunner. Perhaps both?

Dude, do you really wanna talk loving Sonic geography? Because I assume you should know how that's gonna turn out. TGT-canon Sonic-lore will never be as hosed as SEGA-canon Sonic-lore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

I think by now it's mandatory for LazyB to include one "hmmmmmm" in every panel.

Paramemetic posted:

I don't know what Ponify-modifications are, but TGT-fans already have a name, "them people." It was discussed earlier in this thread. :getin:
The most useless or most useful plugin for your browser, depending on your creativity. But by default, it's pretty baffling.

horriblePencilist fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Nov 13, 2012