Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
Will he take the groundbreaking news that Hello Kitty isn't actually a cat into the rich tapestry of Tails Gets Trolled canon?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!

Phlegmish posted:

So is he a nigga or a cracka. This is the first continuity error I've spotted in TGT.

Well why do you think Cheeto Man is confused? Candy hosed it up.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!
I'm pretty sure they're fighting because Knuckles threatened the one thing Cheetoman likes more than the weed: his hos.

The Bee fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Nov 23, 2014

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!
So what it comes down to in the end was that you was right, Shadow?

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!
Mario could stand a chance here. But that'd rely on Mario having a shred of empathy for anything that isn't him or his kingdom.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!

Squallege posted:

I forgot Mario was in this

Frankly I forgot Sonic used to be in this.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!

nexus6 posted:

Want to see the soul bind with Sonic, that was teased eons ago.

I think Sonic would just drag Tails at this point. Constantly being distracted by Sonic chiming in "I'm not gay I have a girlfriend" would make him even worse at fighting.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!

woodenchicken posted:

You can't! Apparently he's the most powerful being in the universe or something?

*If you don't count that gay horse guy. The cheetah himself admitted he's powerless against him.

Horse guy can't be stopped by cheeto man because he's too fast, right? If so, it might be time to call in Wil E. Coyote and his Road Runner.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!
"4 guys on horses? It'll never work!"

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!

A Steampunk Gent posted:

It'll be interesting to see how Lazerbot resolves having so many major threats he's built up; Troll King, Demaro and now Cheeto Man have all been set up as major antagonists with high level fighting powers. I still think he's just basing every arc on whatever he's been watching recently, which is why we went from disgruntled internet troll to insane shounen supervillain to 'gritty' crime boss dude, but he's also been surprisingly good with continuity so I hope Troll King and Demaro do get some spotlight again because they were great fun.

Maybe it's going to be like Watchmen where every chapter sets up a different part of the story so it can all pull together at the end?

So half of the stories end in an explosion of blood and guts when Mario genetically engineers, I dunno, Big the Cat and drops him onto the city of trolls?

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!

Calico Heart posted:

Cheeto Man doesn't strike me as someone who would really care if she were pregnant or not.

I dunno. From what we've seen Cheeto Man's really possessive of what's his. Its why he hasn't just had Tails killed yet, and why he's especially angry right now.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!
This message is ambiguous enough to be either a hiatus or a permanent farewell. I think he'd say more if this was the end, but who knows?

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!
Wait, this is the conclusion? Weird. It feels like more's being revealed than resolved so far.

Still, I trust Lazerbot. Can't wait to see where this crazy train leads.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!
Looks like he wasn't Just A Dog after all.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!

david_a posted:

Who are the different factions again? There are the Trolls, who are evil, the Neutrals, who are... also evil? Then the Sonic characters who are good but not formally organized? Or wait, are those the Troll Slaiyers?

The last time we saw Tails he was being trained to be a Neutral, right?

Tails was joining The Defenders. Who were good until they weren't.

Neutrals seem to be Demaro (bad) and Looney Tunes (good). And then there's Mario but he's a prick.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!

simplefish posted:

Troll slaiyers were Hulk and Co.

Silver was doing some poo poo on his own or with Elmer

Yeah, actual Sonic characters are all over the place and also like half of them are dead now.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!

Wheat Loaf posted:

I think there was also something about Troll King learning the words of death in the first place because they were the only thing Cheeto Man wasn't fast enough to dodge?

Demaro is going to job to Cheeto Man, isn't he?

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!
Lazerbot always returns to his true faithful. Even if only for like a few panels.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!

Tagichatn posted:

Wow this loving comic ruined the new X-Men movie for me. There's a scene that's exactly the same as this one:

It was supposed to be dramatic but all I could think about was this lovely comic, thanks Lazerbot.

Oh, thank god. I wasn't the only one.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!

Literally Kermit posted:

Holy poo poo, seriously?

Come on, Kermit. You of all people should know we have to be patient.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!
Tails Gets Trolled lives again!

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!

DACK FAYDEN posted:

LB, if you know you're going to cut the loving fight scenes, just end this Demaro nonsense and move on :(

Something tells me that Tails Gets Tolled Kai is going to cut most of that out, which is why so much of it has just been him rambling at himself and being on-the-nose even by Lazerbot standards. He's probably just churning it out while working on that reboot.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!

Laputanmachine posted:

I'm hoping this particular troll was a meta troll and breaking the fourth wall was his thing, showcasing the diversity of the troll society.

Unfortunately, between this, the town guard, and the anon insert, I think at this point Lazerbot is just having a meta meltdown. Maybe it's because he knows at this point the comic will stop and be replaced with Tails Gets Trolled: Brotherhood.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!
Lets be fair. His intentional comedy could end up so terrible, it loops back around into unintentionally hilarious again. We could end up at Pac-Man Joke Book levels of comedic garbage.

That said, it's quite likely he's going to lose the magic yet again. If the past few comics were intentional comedy and not intentional sabotage, he's really bad at this.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!
I want Coyote to come out of Demaro's eye in TGT Polished, and the combined smug of two Coyotes ends the fight before it even begins.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!
I regret losing the immortal line "they're calling tails gay and poo poo." I figured we'd lose "no villains" due to better editing, but that one also stings.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!
I love the stupid motion blur as Amy comes onto the scene in panel two. I also just realized the irony that the "polished" version looks like someone smeared dirt all over it.

I guess that's a metaphor for how the rest of the polishing has been.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!
We're seeing a man try to live up to both More Drama/Story and More Jokes besides having no idea how to write either. Somehow, it's beautiful in its sheer atrociousness.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!

RevolverDivider posted:

We've come full circle back to laughing at Lazerbot's sheer incompetence and it's pretty great.

This is basically why I'm here. Look at how amazingly butchered the story's flow is. This is art in its own right.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!
You know, it's kind of interesting how adding all of this backloaded drama changes the cast's dynamic. Before, it was the trolling that seemed to cause Sonic and friends to fall apart. Now, I'm pretty sure they'll Dawson's Creek themselves into a hole before Shadow even confronts the trolls.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!
Yeah. Acting like LazyB is some misunderstood genius having his vision tainted is weird considering the weed party was presumably all him. And honestly, uncomfortable and weird as this is, I'll take it over "Tails gets laid and discovers a giant mess of murdered female characters with AIDS."

Oh god, the weed party is going to be even worse in this version, isn't it?

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!
Good point. The weed party finale, however, is a lot less easy to forgive.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!
I can't believe we lost High Shovel for this.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!

Vargo posted:

Probably a coincidence, but 20ish years ago the Sonic comics from Archie did a Tails mini-series which also introduced an ant character out of nowhere to serve as Tails' sometimes-amoral spirit guide, but I think that was more of a Mr. Mijagi situation, I'm going off very slim memories.

I think that was Knuckles, actually. Because everything revolves around Knuckles in the Penders era.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!

ToastyPotato posted:

The fake out for extra drama could have been that the words didn't work, but the Troll King whips out a nonverbal curse and stops Rob right when it looks like he will be beaten. Then the Troll King gives a triumphant, long winded speech, maybe even giving some props to Rob, and even going so far as to question his ways, only for Rob to say "what?" His final words.

So that nonverbal curse would totally be the middle school "okay sign over my crotch means I can punch you" gesture, right?

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!

George H.W. oval office posted:

AOC being a goon would be the funniest and dumbest thing.

AOC being SMG of all people would be even better.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!
Did you guys forget the horrifically-drawn pile of dead Cheeto Man prostitutes? Because I think you guys forgot that part. It loving sucks, but its been built into the DNA of this comic for a while.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!

JazzFlight posted:

I mean, sure, but I just hoped he had gotten that out of his system a while back like the Amy stuff.
This latest update feels like he just read the Garth Ennis comic Crossed and wanted to bring some serious edge to TGT.

I wish too, tbh. But unfortunately it seems stuck to this comic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!

Literally Kermit posted:

Troll who does schlicky with the dead body may not be the most wholesome character

I mean, you're not wrong, and I'm definitely surprised people were so shocked by the last panels. But I still really wish that poo poo was left in the past.

In other words, Dammerung's right. Hopefully less (none) of trolls raping people to death, more of Spongebob and Patrick using Naruto jutsus and traveling through time and space.