Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SoggyWrist
Nov 11, 2021

If you guys are curious, we've added a page on the wiki with all the logos the website rotates with. That way all the cool stuff people have been making can be seen in one place for viewing (without the need of changing the image url on the main site to see them). More submissions are also welcome!

Speaking of the wiki, we actually have a lot of links to this thread on there as a reference, haha. There's a lot of snippets in this thread from Lazerbot's old deleted Facebook and deviantArt messages that are used on the wiki to explain some deeper lore. I'm one of the losers who spends a lot of time editing it, we're always open to new ideas or suggestions for stuff to have on there if you guys have any.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SoggyWrist
Nov 11, 2021

Posting it here too, but there's a least favorite character poll going on to follow up on the favorite character poll that was done a while back for anyone interested.

SoggyWrist
Nov 11, 2021

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Help me goons, is "I follow the beat with my meat" dialogue from a random one-off troll? I have the phrase stuck in my head as of last night and I'm frantically trying to recall where I read it.

You're looking for this one-off troll from Chapter 14, Page 5:

Cockblocktopus posted:

This feels like a trap.

No japes here haha - the idea came up from some people talking about wanting to do another favorite character poll and someone suggested trying a least favorite one this time around. Embergram is finding the results to be insightful, for what it's worth.

Also, a new page released yesterday:

SoggyWrist
Nov 11, 2021

Lazerbot gave some clarification on what he means by he's "back" to TGT:

New page as well! Coincidentally, this page was drawn by Lazerbot and his brother, Shimshomo.

SoggyWrist
Nov 11, 2021

Two pages:

SoggyWrist fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Dec 2, 2022

SoggyWrist
Nov 11, 2021

DOPE FIEND KILLA G posted:

god drat i love this comic. who betrayed spongebob we think? i hope it wasn't squidward. gary? god that'd be hosed up

I'm hoping on something wild like Bubble Buddy

SoggyWrist
Nov 11, 2021

Next page. This one was split into three parts:

SoggyWrist fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Dec 9, 2021

SoggyWrist
Nov 11, 2021

ninjewtsu posted:

Also two of those images are identical

damnt
Should be fixed now.

SoggyWrist
Nov 11, 2021

Next page:

...On a more "lighthearted" note, two pages of the ultimate Alternate reality also got released recently:

SoggyWrist
Nov 11, 2021

New page

SoggyWrist fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Feb 3, 2022

SoggyWrist
Nov 11, 2021

New!

edit: One more

If anyone is wondering, nothing explicit is shown next page. Still pretty hosed up though but rest easy knowing you won't need to see rage comic Obama going wild with Buster Baxter

SoggyWrist fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Dec 23, 2021

SoggyWrist
Nov 11, 2021

Seems like some folks might have seen it already but I'll post it here too just to have a complete record...spoiler'd for obvious reasons

SoggyWrist
Nov 11, 2021

Mafic Rhyolite posted:

So I read this comic years and years ago when it was first discovered but fell off at some point. I looked through a few of the recent pages, is it being drawn by multiple other people now?

Sort of - Chapter 23 was primarily drawn by an art team until Page 19, where Lazerbot came back from his hiatus. Since then it's been a combination of both his art and the art team helping out/doing things themselves, with more of a lean towards the latter nowadays. Each page on tailsgetstrolled.org lists out who did what, or you can see it listed out a different way on the wiki page.

These most recent two pages were mostly Lazerbot's work that being said, as well as the page where they sing the Ripped Pants song to troll Spongebob. If you want a little trivia, Page 13 of this chapter actually completed all the way back in 2017 before Lazerbot went on hiatus (with a preview being released around then) and 4 years later, we're seeing it release...time flies! There were also two other previews released back then that we have yet to see in the comic itself:

SoggyWrist
Nov 11, 2021

Next page:

SoggyWrist
Nov 11, 2021

Literally Kermit posted:

Silver / Blaze / Rob team are the only ones that have a working, effective plan in place, right?

Sorta...Silver's (and Coyote's too since he and his group joined up with Silver) plan was to fight against the trolls at first and then it kinda changed up to rescuing Fudd. If I remember things right myself anyway. The trolls have definitely taken heavy hits so far and Silver's plan indirectly let Fudd escape, but their group themselves has taken some heavy hits as well. Especially Coyote's group if you think of it, with Tom being depowered, Sylvester and potentially Coyote being dead, and Fudd dealing with some insane mental anguish via Eggman memories

SoggyWrist
Nov 11, 2021

New page!

JazzFlight posted:

Edit: BTW, dunno if goons are aware, but TGT has been enjoying a whole second renaissance as a Friday Night Funkin’ custom mod that’s really blown up. Like, the zoomer generation is getting into it without even knowing it was a webcomic at all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrlbpJl0LQo

Haha, was wondering if it would ever get brought up but yeah there's a super popular FNF mod for Tails Gets Trolled of all things. What you said about people getting into it without knowing it's an actual comic is actually kinda true, sadly. I think coolbob has some more stories about that than I do though.

Mod itself is pretty well made, the main person behind it (Echolocated) cares a lot for the source material but the FNF community is kinda...strange to say the least

SoggyWrist fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Jan 5, 2022

SoggyWrist
Nov 11, 2021

LordMune posted:

the upcoming page 18 :eyepop: :eyepop: :eyepop:

:getin:

SoggyWrist
Nov 11, 2021

Next page!

Little fun fact about the angel, apparently she didn't have a name originally but Embergram allowed Roganaut (the artist of the page before) to give her a canon name and she picked Eyael

SoggyWrist fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Jan 15, 2022

SoggyWrist
Nov 11, 2021

In other related news, Lazerbot and Embergram want to name EVERY (and I mean EVERY) currently unnamed character in Tails Gets Trolled and they want to let the community name them. We've set up a poll here if you want to get some submissions in.

This current poll is for submitting names, there's going to be another poll one week later for voting on names submitted here!

SoggyWrist
Nov 11, 2021

New page... :ohdear:

SoggyWrist fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Jan 15, 2022

SoggyWrist
Nov 11, 2021

Troll King's shockwave move was actually his own move originally, Emerl copied it from him and used it against Troll King (ineffectively). I'd assume Troll King can use it fine with or without Emerl's arm

Also, new ultimate alternate reality page

and a new main series page:

Also also, the poll for voting on names for unnamed characters is live

SoggyWrist fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Jan 18, 2022

SoggyWrist
Nov 11, 2021

Pretty eventful week! This kinda gives off a sad vibe like with the adventures of underbite troll knowing what will ultimately happen to these guys. :smith:

Also one thing I think is cute is just like TAoUT, this spin off begins with Butter Tits/The Dick Taker up to no good.

(New page as well)

SoggyWrist fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Jan 25, 2022

SoggyWrist
Nov 11, 2021

Next page

In the script, Lazerbot/Embergram just put the name "Nicholas Gay" down as a speaker and I suppose this is how the artist interpreted it as. The other trolls had the names "Butthole Lips", "Twat Sandwich" and "Old Man Paper Towel" for reference. I don't know if any art direction for the designs were given, but the mental image of the artists trying to interpret what the character designs for these guys would look like based on names alone is super funny to me for some reason

SoggyWrist
Nov 11, 2021

DOPE FIEND KILLA G posted:

i can't remember anymore but is ronald mcdonald still also trying to kill tails?

Sort of, but I think he's up to other things as well. The last we saw of Ronald is that he's disguising himself as trees in the jungle to spy on the trolls, and after seeing Troll King he wanted to try and tip off Pacman on what they're up to. this page to be exact:

coincidentally that page was released roughly one year ago (Jan. 31st 2021). drat

SoggyWrist
Nov 11, 2021

A new main series page:

and another new page of Bugs' saga:

SoggyWrist
Nov 11, 2021

Next up

SoggyWrist
Nov 11, 2021

I just figured them being called "worms" by the news caster is just the trolls' interpretation as to what they're being attacked by when they're just Coyote's (sharp?) strings in reality. Also shoutouts to Henry the reporter troll (guy in the blue suit) who hasn't shown up since the Underbite saga in 2014 :unsmith:

next page as well

SoggyWrist
Nov 11, 2021

Pug Rodeo posted:

lol is that Captain Olimar?

Indeed it is!

Also new page, featuring a special guest:

edit: Next page came out as well (art by Lazerbot as a bonus)

SoggyWrist fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Feb 13, 2022

SoggyWrist
Nov 11, 2021

I don't remember the exact details of how I discovered TGT myself but I do remember the latest page it ending on being this (I think):

Necrothatcher posted:

They should have sent a poet.

Speaking of things of the past here's the next page featuring Pori who we haven't seen in roughly 9 years:

SoggyWrist
Nov 11, 2021

Yeah I can see that haha, thankfully I had read the rest of the pages beforehand and was hooked from there. I'm trying to remember some more details, but I think the comic dubs on YouTube also played a huge part in getting me addicted.

Next page:

SoggyWrist
Nov 11, 2021

Fawf posted:

when's the last time we even saw shadow anyway

He showed up very briefly in a flashback during Chapter 24 but for an actual appearance? I think he hasn't shown up since Chapter 15.

DACK FAYDEN posted:

I wanna know more about "troops from China"

why is Troll City like, geopolitically opposed to the PRC to the point where they assume that troll deaths are due to that

I feel like its a reference to a gag from when the Slaiyers got back together and added Pikachu to their ranks, and some of them were confused if Pikachu is a chinese thing. Maybe Pori saw Pikachu attacking the camp and assumed the same thing until he got more in tell on the Slaiyers

here's the scene in question

SoggyWrist
Nov 11, 2021

The return of another all time classic saga!

SoggyWrist
Nov 11, 2021

Welcome back to the house of god

SoggyWrist
Nov 11, 2021

Next page

Just want to say that I'm a huge fan of the panel where the Christians pull their weapons out together. Also, a lot of the churchgoers in these scenes are returning from these pages, incidentally, which I think is a great touch

I hope the club kid gets a chance to destroy a skelly before he inevitably dies :unsmigghh:

SoggyWrist
Nov 11, 2021

Two new pages!

SoggyWrist
Nov 11, 2021

Haha welp

SoggyWrist posted:

I hope the club kid gets a chance to destroy a skelly before he inevitably dies :unsmigghh:

Suppose something is gonna get bashed in the end, just not in the way I expected :black101:

SoggyWrist fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Mar 9, 2022

SoggyWrist
Nov 11, 2021

Literally Kermit posted:

I know it’s either too soon or too obvious but I’m getting serious “Rob” vibes from Bosh, and I hope he and Alice make it thru this okay :ohdear:

Bonus crack theory: Bosh and Rob have the same head color and general head shape, Bosh turns out to have Dragonborn blood because he’s Rob’s dad

Yeah, Boah's (iirc thats how it was spelled) an interesting guy. I hope he's not gonna be a case of the classic introduce and die a few scenes later cause it feels like he's got a bit of a story to tell

Next page, also featuring Lazerbot helping with some of the art:

SoggyWrist
Nov 11, 2021

JazzFlight posted:

I like to imagine that this comic is so drawn out that he wrote the scene back when that episode aired.

I actually do kinda think this is a possibility lol, since its been said that Lazerbot already had an outline of the whole story planned out already. This is the second time something like this has been referenced, first time being in 2017 like a year after the episode?

edit: new page, funny timing on that panel considering the Neighborhood Watch

SoggyWrist fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Mar 13, 2022

SoggyWrist
Nov 11, 2021

New character reveals are always exciting, the latest page gives me some similar feelings to when Fudd randomly appeared in Chapter 2 haha. A part of me actually feels a little bad for Kit, who just made his reappearance and his spotlight was pretty much stolen by Mike goddamn Power

Also Mike actually has a bit of a meta-backstory behind him which I wrote about on his wiki page if anyone is interested in knowing some deep lore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SoggyWrist
Nov 11, 2021

next up

edit: next next up

if these are gonna be the last few pages of this chapter then that's a nice book end to this chapter

SoggyWrist fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Mar 23, 2022