Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

The price of meat has just gone up, and your old lady has just gone down

Elmer is objectively the best character. He's not hungry for duck or wabbit. What more explanation do you need, y'know?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

Rustie posted:

Come on guys. No villains.

That's a really important step in understanding the significance of TGT. No villains - and no heroes - calls to us, entices us to play at the question of the question. What do we ask of TGT? What do we ask of ourselves? A metatextual analysis, the yearning for truth at any cost (of self, Other; of the very horizon of projection?) forces us to embrace a sort of negation of self, but allows the not-us or audience-as-such to appreciate the polysemous meaning as a gestalt of not-our interaction with the text: as historiography which takes into account the biological history of the text and the author; in a hermeneutic effort to decipher the intended meaning by embracing the aesthetic-apparent; deconstruction in defiance of the concept of intended meaning; and as a projection of our own trauma, Levinas' (by way of Bergo) "defenseless nudity" in encountering the prospect that interpretation itself and thus meaning is simply supererogatory, an epiphenomenon without relation to being. So we are left with only a Trace, and no clear ethics. The price we pay couldn't be higher, but the sacrifice of the significance of self is a negotiation with the text, and our best means of accepting that which denies a single explanation lest we destroy it. This fragile harmony is all that can matter.

Agreed fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Apr 7, 2012

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

Allow me to be the voice of reason and provide an answer which I think will satisfy all sides (lazerbot if you're reading do this, and credit the greater SA community because apparently we just barely can't get enough of this, uh, this!):

Red mushroom, the basic powerup, to become big. Not BIG ENOUGH (because the troll king is become death or some crap, I mean drat dude lost an arm earlier when did he turn into sepiroth I mean drat he's a troll not Kratos (is he Kratos?))

Mario about to die. Dies.

GREEN MUSHROOM. That's a 1up ladies and gentlemen. The Troll King either doesn't notice or allows him to leave or some poo poo, I dunno. Mario, defeated, goes back to do some other crap and the story can move along to tails and sonic's ghost (or as I as of this post have decided to claim to like to call them, Sails) can go gently caress up the troll king and we can all live better and fuller lives.

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

Monicro posted:

AGREED isn't getting nearly enough love

NO poo poo

I want that as an avatar, how do I make it so?