Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vogon Poet
Jun 18, 2004

Someone bought me this custom title because they think I kick ass at Photoshop. They happen to be right.
It's great how in the first chapter it looked like Shadow taking out the trolls was the author's wish fulfillment fantasy, but it turns out Shadow was an idiot and his killing spree led to a horrific chain of events that could have been avoided. This comic has more depth than any of us would have initially thought.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vogon Poet
Jun 18, 2004

Someone bought me this custom title because they think I kick ass at Photoshop. They happen to be right.
I loved Lazerbot's latest "fan art," so I decided to make this from it:

Vogon Poet
Jun 18, 2004

JazzFlight posted:

This is amazing.

Vogon Poet
Jun 18, 2004

I lost it at this frame. That Bowser is just amazing.

Vogon Poet
Jun 18, 2004

total agreement posted:

Enough bullshit, here's more lazerbot:

Awesome. I was so glad when I got to this post; if there had been 32 new posts and it was all people arguing I would have been pissed. (In other words, stop the stupid derails.)

Vogon Poet
Jun 18, 2004

Aramek posted:

Hey guys, sorry I'm so late with this, but it was still a lot of fun. Plus, I finally caught up with the thread.

This is glorious, and yeah, I too had forgotten how much great stuff was in chapter 2. I hate to say it, but I think the Mario/Troll King fight is the low point of the comic so far. The flashback to Mario killing his parents was amazing, but the actual fight has been going on way too long with not much happening. At least it looks like it will be getting resolved soon.

Vogon Poet
Jun 18, 2004

The bit about the Dragonballs was arguably one of the best moments in the comic. Here's the page to refresh everyone's memories:

Vogon Poet
Jun 18, 2004

The newest page is better than the entire Mario vs. Troll King fight combined. It's just pure gold right from the first words out of Woodstock's mouth. I can't wait to see Tails training with all the other Defenders.

Vogon Poet
Jun 18, 2004

Agreed.

quote:

it is was
not a
Quintessen=>
=>ce
us
meating
today

It doesn't get any better than that.

Vogon Poet
Jun 18, 2004

I'm personally looking forward to Tails training with Hello Kitty.

Vogon Poet
Jun 18, 2004

so then i had to
kill all the people
that i once called
friends

Vogon Poet
Jun 18, 2004

quote:

we can only bring back
bodies that have the head
connected to there bodie.
if the head happen to be
severed the body would
be useless.
Lest we forget...

Vogon Poet
Jun 18, 2004

Wow, it's hard to believe, but this comic keeps getting better and better.

Vogon Poet
Jun 18, 2004

Kelic. Bob. John. Keven. October. Bill. Demaro.

I love it.

Vogon Poet
Jun 18, 2004

Vogon Poet
Jun 18, 2004

Goatse Master posted:

I don't think anyone's posted Lazerbot's facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100003768491308

Lazerbot posted:

i am the creature of tails gets trolled this is my first facebook bitches
Oh, Lazerbot. :allears:

Vogon Poet
Jun 18, 2004

hmmmmmmm loving jarry
eating all my food...
im gonna kill that fucker

Vogon Poet
Jun 18, 2004

Hempuli posted:

Would this work?

This is perfect.

Vogon Poet
Jun 18, 2004

Bart Fargo posted:

What is an OCS? I'm assuming it's "original character" something or other.

OC is original character. OCs is the plural of that. (At least I'm pretty sure that's what it means.)

Vogon Poet
Jun 18, 2004

Porky's facial expressions are just amazing. So glad to see Lazerbot back to churning out more pages.

Vogon Poet
Jun 18, 2004

Not sure which of these I like best so I'll post them all.

Vogon Poet
Jun 18, 2004

I don't remember there being any discussion of what "rought" is supposed to be. "if you keep this rought you'll die." Route, I guess?

Vogon Poet
Jun 18, 2004

produce posted:

Wait, is Silver's flashback actually something that occurred in the comic? When would that have been?

Yes. In chapter 6, "silver's mission."

Vogon Poet
Jun 18, 2004

bowser posted:

I want a TGT avatar to go with my username but I can't remember any particularly great Bowser panels/lines. Someone refresh my memory.

Also, the songs by Jazzflight have been getting stuck in my head...a lot. I love this thread.

There were some good Bowser panels in chapter 6.

And oh man, re-reading those pages, Knuckles is just so hilarious. "so sonic being dead and all. does that mean amy is single now?" Not to mention the canan!

Vogon Poet
Jun 18, 2004

A Retardet Horse posted:

I am similarly confused about the first panel. What is that? It looks like a black acorn, and then suddenly we cut to Emler.
It continues from the last panel of the previous page. The scientist guy (I forgot his name) trapped in a net.

Vogon Poet
Jun 18, 2004

ThatPazuzu posted:

Wait. He's in the net, so why is he in the fifth panel of this page? Is it a flashback or did lazerbot make a mistake?

Flashback. In the previous page, Emler ate a piece of Eggman's brain to experience his memories. The first panel of the new page is the end of the flashback.

Vogon Poet
Jun 18, 2004

Air Julio posted:

Lazy B takes a little vacation and comes back on fire! I like how things are all starting to come together.

Mean
while

"yeah with them
blue prints we
should be able
to pick the best
root for this task"

So, so good.

The odd usage of "them" (see also "them trolls") is one of my favorite things about Lazerbot's writing style.

Vogon Poet
Jun 18, 2004

Did anyone ever wonder how it apparently switches from the dead of night to broad daylight halfway through this scene?

Vogon Poet
Jun 18, 2004

I thought this might be a good avatar, although it's too big in its current form.

have you ever been
bitch slapped for lack
of listening? lack of
doing what your told?
cuz im not far from
slapping you

Vogon Poet
Jun 18, 2004

"you'll be forced to grow up soon enough, and you will realize what i was trying to teach you was for, but hopefully you dont figure it out to late"

That seems like rather ominous foreshadowing to me. Can't wait to see where this goes!

Vogon Poet
Jun 18, 2004

Between the map, Spyro's dialogue, and the three tails thing, this is probably one of the best pages in the entire comic so far.

Vogon Poet
Jun 18, 2004

Soonmot posted:

Holy gently caress, is Pori a jedi? He's already got a robe.

Vogon Poet
Jun 18, 2004

Could the first few panels be foreshadowing a Hello Kitty/Tails romance? Probably not, but they did make the thought occur to me.

Vogon Poet
Jun 18, 2004

I know Lazerbot hates Star Wars, but for me it brings to mind Anakin killing the sand people.

Vogon Poet
Jun 18, 2004

UncleSmoothie posted:

Heroes fell from grace before the Star Wars prequels, you know.

Well, of course, and I didn't mean to suggest that I thought Lazerbot was basing this on the prequels. It's just that that's the first thing that comes to my mind when I think of "hero character turns evil and slaughters a village of men, women, and children who he thinks are subhuman."

Vogon Poet
Jun 18, 2004

JazzFlight posted:

Are you serious? Agggggghhhhh, the baby has the exact same face aside from the eye color! It even has the same forehead scribble...

Perhaps even if it wasn't intentional, Lazerbot made the connection on a subconscious level.

Vogon Poet
Jun 18, 2004

Vogon Poet
Jun 18, 2004

Mary Annette posted:

Massive style shift mid-scene. Everything looks so sketchy now.

This isn't the first page he's drawn in the rougher style. I'm not sure why he's doing it, but I don't like it as much.

Vogon Poet
Jun 18, 2004

ZuljinRaynor posted:

Those quotes remind me of what the Emo troll (Alex was it?) told Silver in the very first chapter.

Same here.

Emo Troll posted:

but hey you cant
life life saying what if?
what if i have
tallent.what if
my parents didnt
hate me.what if
someone loved
me. no point of
saying what if.
your life is
meaningless and
it will be until the
day you die

Emo Troll posted:

good luck with having a
meaningless existence.
with only one thing that
will make you feel better.
your hand

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vogon Poet
Jun 18, 2004

Calico Heart posted:

If you REALLY want to get down to it, you could say it was Tails being a talentless hoe that attracted the trolls in the first place. So really it's all his fault.

Nice victim-blaming, brosurf. :waycool: