Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vogon Poet
Jun 18, 2004

Someone bought me this custom title because they think I kick ass at Photoshop. They happen to be right.
Maybe I shouldn't have quoted LB when I posted the picture so people would focus less on him continuing to be a baby regarding SA and more on how hilarious Knuckles and Tails are in that picture.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vogon Poet
Jun 18, 2004

Someone bought me this custom title because they think I kick ass at Photoshop. They happen to be right.
Hopefully this thread can avoid any long discussions or arguments about that rant, but I had to highlight my favorite part (in response to someone talking about malapropisms in the comic):

Lazer Bot posted:

First of all lets look at the definition to Malapropism so no one gets confused (unintentional use of wrong word: the misuse of a word through confusion with another word that sounds similar, especially when the effect is ridiculous. example of malapropism: an instance of using malapropism) oh its about miss spells and the obsession with grammar again. :O not a huge shocker there, which i see commonly used by trolls to insult other peoples IQ (Inelegance) Inelegance isn't determine by what you learn in school, that is only one category.

Vogon Poet
Jun 18, 2004

I enjoy reading the comic and I also enjoy reacting to and discussing the comic with people in this thread. A lot would be lost from the experience, for me, if I was just viewing it on DeviantArt.

I'm also skeptical that closing the thread would have much effect on the rate at which new pages arrive. They take longer now because LB puts a lot more detail into them.

Vogon Poet
Jun 18, 2004

:golfclap:

Vogon Poet
Jun 18, 2004

Lazerbot posted:

Demaro And Coyote

Demaro is known as the satanic necromancer known pretty well by the TGT (Tails gets trolled comic) he is determine to be the great neutral (you must be a neutral to control corpses) That means they must control there emotions to a neutral state to control the dead. its also told that if the head is disconnected from the corpse it cannot be used, to fully understand and use the body to its fullest potential you must eat some of the brains of the corpse to know all its knowledge, and all its memories.
Coyote is originally from the classical cartoon looney tunes, but is a master prodigy neutral that is one of the good guys who wants piece, Demaro is obsessed with proving that he is the best neutral necromancer which eventually leads them to battle each other. they can also control legendary monsters that are called guardians that aren't dead or living.

Vogon Poet
Jun 18, 2004

Pretty cool fan art that I just saw on LB's Facebook. I don't think it's shown up in this thread before.

Vogon Poet
Jun 18, 2004

IronicDongz posted:

That's okay, Knuckles has always been kind of retarded.

Vogon Poet
Jun 18, 2004

So to recap, comparing this to the original page one, the censored parts are "retard" (changed to "idiot," "dummy," and "moron"), "bitch" (changed to "cow"), and "big retarded hoe" (changed to "big dumb animal"). However, the use of "gay" as a pejorative was not censored.

Vogon Poet
Jun 18, 2004

Franz von Dada posted:

C'mon now, the guy is just calling Tails a carefree idiot.

At least he doesn't use "human being". :shrug:
Don't get me wrong, I never had a problem with trolls using "gay" as an insult within the comic itself, because it's realistic trollspeak. But I'd guess LB made a deliberate decision to not censor it, and it's a reaction to criticism he received.

Vogon Poet
Jun 18, 2004

The first page of the new chapter didn't do much for me, but this one is great. The Finding Nemo cameos, "Spactagular scenary," the facial expressions throughout the page (especially Amy's utterly bored look as she tells Sonic to run)...

Also, the last panel of the new censored page is amazing. :allears:

Vogon Poet
Jun 18, 2004

I had an orgasm for the first time in my life, and it was to Eggman..

Vogon Poet
Jun 18, 2004

Lazerbot is actually putting some real effort into the censored version. Some of the panels have been redrawn as closeups to hide the most violent aspects. I'm still not sure why he feels it's worth spending the time to do this, but more power to him, I guess?

Vogon Poet
Jun 18, 2004

Vogon Poet
Jun 18, 2004

TGT has definitely been in a downturn of late, but I have to say, this page is hilarious.

Vogon Poet
Jun 18, 2004

Yeah, Lazey posted a bunch of random images to Facebook today and there is some interesting stuff there. A couple more highlights:

Ill Fight

Lazerbot posted:

ready for battle ready to fight, ready to lay down his life for the cause, we all have things were fighting. will the battle be won or lose. it doesn't matter all that matters is that you fight for your purpose, for what feels right. the fire all around him is to represent his will to fight. his soul bursting out in flames to fight. his soul burns to win this fight.

Delights and horrors

Lazerbot posted:

The delight shines in moments of pleasure, joy, hope. clarity in mind and soul where the endless love is formed and bonded by webs the intertwine souls in a connection of emotions where smiles. to form into something beyond one person. (The delight)

The horror base and is born from many features disappointment, mistakes, failures and unable to become ones true inner being. darkness sinks into the flesh and mind where doubts and fears consume the host with demonic like visions and desires to end ones life to be set free from inner suffering unable to be fully described or understood, where every second is an opportunity to give into these voices and end it. though many find reasons not to end it, hope. (horrors)

Vogon Poet
Jun 18, 2004

I guess Lazerbot no longer has a public Facebook page? Huh.

Vogon Poet
Jun 18, 2004

What are the origins of all the characters in panel two? The turtle and wizard showed up in Everdraed's animated videos of the first two pages of TGT. Were they originally from somewhere else?

Vogon Poet
Jun 18, 2004

The MSJ posted:

This is some Fight Club level stuff here, so be prepared.

Catching up on the thread, and wow, this is absolutely amazing.

Vogon Poet
Jun 18, 2004

:allears:

Vogon Poet
Jun 18, 2004

Random weird thing that made me think of this thread:

For some reason Sanrio (company that owns Hello Kitty) and Sega teamed up and released some plush toys that are mashups of Sanrio and Sonic the Hedgehog characters. One of them is a mashup of Sonic and Hello Kitty, that is, a mashup of two TGT characters.

Also, the mashup of Tails and Chococat kind of looks like it could be Tails in blackface which is something I could imagine Lazerbot doing...

Vogon Poet
Jun 18, 2004

Lowtax's death brought me back to the forums and I decided to catch up on this thread which I'd last viewed in early 2020. Simply astonishing to see that the Coyote/Demaro fight finally ended after all those years and it hurts my head to think about all the things that happened in my life over that time. When the first TGT thread started I was going through a rough time and laughing at the crazy updates to the comic and all the fan art and stuff was always a much needed bright spot in my day. It's nice to see this thing is still going and I'm really enjoying some of the new pages since things finally stopped getting bogged down with Coyote/Demaro. Too bad that Lazerbot left but it seems like the comic is in capable hands.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vogon Poet
Jun 18, 2004

Not sure what's going on here but this is amazing. And shout out to this panel:

Only registered members can see post attachments!