Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Hey, at least he got the "de" part right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Why would a colt have such a huge dick? Do you know what a colt is?

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

E the Shaggy posted:

Did you guys know that DC Comics is rasist?

http://lazerbot.deviantart.com/#/d4qr7tp

They turned the black dude into a wight.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

It reminds me of a mentally ill young man more so than some elaborately constructed persona designed for the purpose of...well what, exactly?

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

So I have a hypothetical question that I want the fans in this thread to seriously think about. Just humor me. So say he can't afford to get his laptop or whatever fixed and therefore can't continue with the comic. Here is my question: Would you be willing to donate money to him in order to see more?

How much do you REALLY like this guy's stuff? To be fair I'll answer first. I find it funny in the same way I find Coleman Francis movies funny, but I'd never pay for it and can't genuinely say that I'm a fan of his work.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

simplefish posted:

This is a terrible idea. We know he has read the thread so he will probably just hold the strip hostage until we cough up if he thinks enough people will pay him for it.

Ya know, I actually thought of that given the unpredictable nature of this fellow. Now that it's been brought up, though, I doubt it would fly because none of us would pay money in that event.

But, back to my original point -- it's a hypothetical question, but, seriously, would you?

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Dead.juice posted:

When did "being a immature dickwad" become trolling?
I've always accounted trolling with making an idiot out of someone, kinda like social engineering, but to make people look like idiots, not to steal money/info.

Now the general idea is that if you hurt someone's feelings, act like a jackass, or swear a lot, your a troll.
Years ago when I first learned about trolling, this is what defined it for me.

I don't know if there's an academic definition of this but I always thought trolling can be sophisticated and good-natured, or be manipulative for the sake of the laughs of others, or it could simply be baiting someone to illicit an inflammatory response. Like if I posted "I love police and all of your are just commie scum" in the D&D "Police on the beat" thread that would be an example of the latter. Trolling runs the gamut, you see.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

100Dachshunds posted:

i want that wabbit

Rabbit has become a metaphor for sweet, sweet smack.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

simplefish posted:

I want to say Bruce Willis meets Eminem

I want to say Marlon Brando meets Curly Howard. Or maybe Coleman Francis: http://mst3katgf.hubpages.com/hub/Sublime-Incompetence-The-Films-of-Coleman-Francis

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Young Freud posted:

It's a follow-up to a post I made about thinking about Peter Stormare as Fudd.

See that I've failed :smith:

Perhaps you've succeeded more than you could have possibly hoped and you don't realize it.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

He already got the new mouse, it's an issue with the USB port on his laptop or some poo poo. Pay attention!

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

open container posted:

Yeah, his voice sounds the same as micah rat's. I think it's safe to say he's not actually 20...

No, it's all an elaborate deception, he's not really a 12 year old, you see...http://youtu.be/Naxyvt9EZO0

but yeah, now the thread as a whole seems a lot more creepy, though I guess we can drop the argument that he's an autistic 20 year old.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

http://youtu.be/8oWXkhXWEzs Oh, nevermind I guess he's actually more like a 14-15 year old or whatever and probably actually is autistic.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

There really wasn't that much detecting involved here. It's one of the first videos linked under "suggestions" when you watch everdraed's or gimbal's video. I don't see how you couldn't click it out of curiosity.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

I'm not as into this poo poo as a lot of you but whether or not the author is an adult or a child must certainly change the perspective you have on the comic. And the donation thing was a hypothetical question because I'm curious how many people genuinely enjoy the comic vs. enjoy it ironically. I wasn't seriously suggesting people donate to the kid, which I thought should have been obvious.

And what in this thread isn't weird? In all seriousness. I ain't making GBS threads on anything here, there's some good comedy here, but I'm mostly just curious about the whole thing I guess. I'm actually somewhat baffled that any of this would "ruin it" for some of you.

Anyway, good work by everdraed and gimbal and sorry to break the fourth wall by discussing the child author.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

I unironically thought the part where Toad was getting trolled was pretty funny but I gave up on the whole thing after the first chapter because it was just too drat violent for me.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Wow, that's not a bad animation given his age. When this kid grows up he might be animating the next Akira or some poo poo except it'll have a sense of humor instead of taking itself so seriously.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

That portrait makes sense. Donald Duck always seemed mentally unstable and prone to quick violence, especially in the years following WW2. My guess is that he was unstable before the war and that in part because of that he suffered from severe PTSD from his experiences during the war. Poor guy.

Or is the portrait meant to be Daffy? 'Cause he's dressed as Donald. Daffy is a different story altogether and in that case this wouldn't be a good representation of him. I mean, that fucker was a draft dodger and didn't go through half the poo poo Donald went through. He didn't have to see the things that Donald saw.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Donald was happy to be drafted, despite his horrible surrealistic dreams of suffering the life of a Nazi arms laborer. Dude was hosed in the head. Life made him that way.

Daffy was just a prick man

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

I used to love Doug when I was a kid and I must say that I didn't even think Doug until others mentioned it. I think this character might just have a certain resemblance to the character or that style of animation. Given that you can't see his trademark hair, he could also be Roger Klotz, I guess. I dunno.

I think he's just some random character. After lazerbot reads this thread again he might decide to make it Doug and run with that angle anyway, which would be interesting I guess...

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Arschlochkind posted:

Roger was green. :colbert:

You're right, plus he had more beady eyes and a pointier nose.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

I think Tail's reaction panel to Porkchop's death is probably the best thing I've seen so far.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

I think pissed off Woodstock is my new favorite character. I always loved Woodstock as a kid...and now that I'm no longer a child and jaded and angry myself, I can really appreciate the pissed off, probably drinks whisky from a flask Woodstock.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

I gotta say that last panel, especially the end, has some capitivating storytelling. Lazorbot is where it's at folks.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

I think the fact that we still haven't resolved his age just adds to the appeal of this comic, though, come on -- he's probably not actually 20 and if you go pages back you can find the link to his youtube channel where he indeed appears to be an adolescent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

The White Dragon posted:

I'm kind of disappointed he's not named Bario but honestly this is so awesome I can overlook that.

K-ario, L-uigi, M-ario.