Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bonaventure
Jun 23, 2005

by sebmojo

Jet Set Jettison posted:

"He who fights with trolls should look to it that he himself does not become a troll."

--Nietzsche, Super Mario Bros.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bonaventure
Jun 23, 2005

by sebmojo
Gang tags are obnoxious and stupid, and discussion of them always derails threads for pages and pages, so please, for the sake of Art, let's keep focus on these fine comical strips.

Bonaventure
Jun 23, 2005

by sebmojo

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND posted:

Sonical Fasthog

The Sonic Hedgehog.

Bonaventure
Jun 23, 2005

by sebmojo

Aesop Poprock posted:

:stare:

:stare:

Lotta erotic talk about someone who's probably 13 up in this thread

Haha, yeah. Stare emoticon.

Bonaventure
Jun 23, 2005

by sebmojo
There is literally no way a 13 year old could have played an obscure niche title like Super Mario World. It's been locked in the Disney Vault since 1992.

Bonaventure
Jun 23, 2005

by sebmojo
I wish they would get out of the dark troll cave, man. I need this in glorious color.

Bonaventure
Jun 23, 2005

by sebmojo
Lazerbot, the people making suggestions in this thread are secret double-crossers who act like they're not trolls but really they are trolls in disguise who want to dilute your talent. Put on your robot chest plate, cut off your ears, and don't listen to anyone making suggestions in this thread. Besides me.

Bonaventure
Jun 23, 2005

by sebmojo

visceril posted:

The thing with Hitmen for Destiny is that a web comic probably wasn't the best medium for the story, but it really is one hell of a story. The author has a talent for writing, but not art.

I really hate to continue the Hitmen derail, but this isn't necessarily the case. At least, he may not be very good at narrative prose. He is, however, very good at visual timing, which is a different sort of skill. The art in that comic is unfortunate but I can't imagine the story being told quite as well in another medium.

Bonaventure
Jun 23, 2005

by sebmojo
March 2012: the words "Silver the Hedgehog is awesome" are first spoken.

Bonaventure
Jun 23, 2005

by sebmojo
Yoshi lives in Dinosaur Land, man. Yoshi's a dinosaur.

Bonaventure
Jun 23, 2005

by sebmojo
Everyone a few pages back who was saying they were sure this comic was nearing the end have no concept of proper story pacing. Lazerbot does. I'm glad my faith in Lazerbot will be vindicated.

Bonaventure
Jun 23, 2005

by sebmojo

Calico Heart posted:

Is anyone else upset the Troll Slaiyers we came to know and love are now almost totally dissolved?

Nah, their incompetence is the funniest part of this whole thing. I can only hope the Defenders or whateverthefuck are equally dysfunctional.

Bonaventure
Jun 23, 2005

by sebmojo

Satanos posted:

Game of Thrones starting up again reminded me that the Troll Prince is basically Joffrey. The Troll King seems like a guy with actual reasons for his actions, as evil as they might appear, but the Troll Prince is just an entitled poo poo.

Game of Trolls.

alt. Song of Ice and Fire Flowers

wich the worst part was what
joffrey did to ned stark's corpse
after word's wich was rape it. at
that point i looked away

Bonaventure
Jun 23, 2005

by sebmojo

Lurdiak posted:

Can we give Hitmen for Destiny its own thread already, it's really got nothing to do with Tails gets Trolled.

As a corollary, can we stop using "outsider" as an adjective to describe either one?

Bonaventure
Jun 23, 2005

by sebmojo

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

When playing cops and robbers or whatever with my friends when I was a kid and I shot them with bullets they suddenly proclaimed they had bullet-proof vests. Of course, I retaliated by saying I had bullet-proof vest piercing bullets, and the cycle went on in an endless spiral of half-assed rebuttals and imaginary one-upmanship.

This feels like that.

That's totally what he's doing and it's hilarious.
Five updates of Mario just getting punched in the face and saying "hm oh poo poo he's strong?" was boring. Blatant making-poo poo-up attacks with overlong explanations of them while they're happening is funny.

Bonaventure
Jun 23, 2005

by sebmojo

Buzkashi posted:

why the gently caress would the same person who wrote that Mario/Troll King fight sequence consider that important enough for a whole frame on its own?

Let me dispel the mystery: because it's funny.
This comic is trying to be funny.
Even the Mario fight was trying to be funny, through how absurd and over-the-top a lot of it was, backed by referential humor in Mario's powers. It was probably funnier in lazerbot's head than in execution, but the very idea of "Super Mario has a DBZ-style fight for 10 pages" is absurd enough that, yes, that was the joke.

Bonaventure
Jun 23, 2005

by sebmojo
I enjoy the segue from Batman's fist / talking about punching to the Troll King punching / talking about punching Elmer Fudd. Bravo, lazerbot.

Bonaventure
Jun 23, 2005

by sebmojo

simplefish posted:

House took itself way too seriously,

You're either dumb as a rock or you got a copy of House put by mistake in the DVD case for House.

Bonaventure
Jun 23, 2005

by sebmojo

simplefish posted:

I do resent you making it personal, though; no need to be rude.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCwsmoVI2mY

"This movie took itself way too seriously."

--someone who doesn't deserve to be called dumb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bonaventure
Jun 23, 2005

by sebmojo

Paramemetic posted:

Only in direct address. When discussing us to a third party, we are "those people."

For example:
"What is that rear end in a top hat laughing at?"
"Some comic where Elmer Fudd is a necromancer I think."
"Oh, he's one of those people."

or:

"Hey, is that Tails Gets Trolled? Are you one of those people?"
"I am one of those people."
"I am one of you people too!"

I think you mean "them people."