Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

I hate that I have caught up to this thread. Now I have to wait around like everyone else!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Can the OP put the imgur gallery with the whole thing in the first post?

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Let him finish the series first. In my opinion. I mean he is already allegedly reading the thread, no?

Also, having read through this once, I can't believe how excited I am at the prospect of starting over with the voice acting. Those videos were freaking amazing.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

I like how Elmer pretty much embodies that mask.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

GonadTheBallbarian posted:

Can't. No camera, and no time.

You are a media person without a cellphone?

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

FrenchToasty posted:

If only there were someone with no loving ears...

Would it count if he could read lips? :(

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Speedboat Jones posted:

I shall invoke the Intentional Fallacy. A classic example of this is when J.R.R. Tolkien said that Lord of the Rings had nothing to do with world war 2 and was not influenced by it in any way. Which is bullshit, because Tolkien was mailing drafts of the books to his son in the army.

Lazerbot can say his comic is nothing like DBZ, but it's very clear that his fight scenes (especially Mario vs. King Troll) are inspired by it and anime like it. The author's intent is not the end-all word on his work.

And with this post, Lazerbot has been compared to Tolkein, on the topic of authorial intent, no less! There is no turning back now, people.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Looks like Lazerbot is moving faster now that he is out of the rut of that fight.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Trevor Hale posted:

Wouldn't the high shovel also be a good keeper?

It doesn't really make sense in most situations though. The Shadow emote I can see legitimately being used once in a while.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Soonmot posted:

What the gently caress, Tom and Jerry don't talk!

I remember the commercial for this movie highlighting a scene that basically handwaved this away as them never realizing each other could talk. And then, my young self knew, he would never see this film. And I still haven't.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Tacostein posted:

10 bucks on that Lazerbot is playing Diablo III.

:fut: Diablo :fut:

If he is, then certainly it is for research purposes. :colbert:

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

simplefish posted:

Embreaded is indeed inbred. Not in bread.

Or maybe it is some kind of meta-word play on the classic joke "if he was more inbred he'd be a sandwich."

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Why does the game allow you to go that high in this level? Why render the upper atmosphere and the curvature of the Earth? Is there some point in the level where you are normally supposed to go that high? :psyduck:

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Dresh posted:

Hedgehog/Ultimate life form/black alien. Yes, apparently he is specifically a black alien.

What is your avatar from? There are a few of these. Is it from a webcomic, or real comic? Or was someone just drawing these somewhere?

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

When is the next motion comic coming out?

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Jon Joe posted:

Of course. One of the main tools in a troll's arsenal are mean, hateful words meant to provoke an immediate, emotional response. By teaching Tails patience, Tails will be able to see past this tactic and make better decisions. It doesn't matter how powerful you are if a troll can goad you into defeating yourself.

Batman's training should have covered this. :colbert:

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Nilbop posted:

lazerbot really hates drawing bodies. Either that or he has an overpowering fetish for random bits of easily-drawn scenery just covering most of a character.

Son of Liefield.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Waffleman_ posted:

I want to see Bad Box Art Mega Man fighting the trolls at Capcom.

I feel like Bad Box Art MM would be a tool of the trolls.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Wasn't there someone in the LP subforum who LP'd Oblivion and whose normal voice was uncannily similar to Kermit?

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

It's cool that he is experimenting, but I do not much care for the way this page looks.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Sweet Jesus, the Troll king is brilliant. Great job Aramek. I lost it on both lines about people being dicks. The delivery is perfect.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

I just picture the second panel representing Rob dramatic swishing his cape as he turns around to walk off.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

I was going to suggest Kermit feeling a disturbance in the force but then I remembered he hates Star Wars.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

This having its own domain name and website couldn't get this unwanted attention from copyright holders could it? It's not generating income from views is it?

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Well poo poo, Aramek, that was amazing.

Also, hearing it out loud, you can see how the writing transitions from pretty typical lb style (with the errors in grammar) into something waaay different.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Schwarzwald posted:

Somehow I think the Troll and Planeteer philosophies are incompatible.

Besides, the stakes aren't quite high enough to require Captain Planet yet. For him to get involved someone would have to troll the whole planet.

Maybe Captain Planet became evil because people keep trolling the Earth with pollution.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Defiance Industries posted:

So I realized that Lazerbot predicted my personal arc with this comic way back in Chapter 2, before it even happened.

You see, initially, I was pretending to like TGT when actually I was sarcastically making fun of it. But then, as time went on, and I was pretending to like it, I actually started to like it for real. And then I realized: this is what happened to Bugs. When I was acting gay (for TGT) I actually became gay (for TGT).

So for your sake I hope this series isn't ended before it's time...

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

I feel like Sonic's voice is perfect for the character as is written.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

The problem is that the fights seem plotted like a manga fight (well like a Naruto manga fight, I can't really compare it to anything else) but those things release 17 pages per week, in one shot, where as the one page per day absolutely hamstrings the momentum of the fight here.

I'd rather he just release the bulk of a fight all at once, and then return to daily pages during everything else. It would add some small breaks, but I think it would be worth it.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Couldn't someone just use RPG Maker. You'd only need sprites then, and considering that this is drawn in MSPaint by a kid, I don't think that should be the most difficult thing in the world.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

FPzero posted:

This is like watching two kids play rock-paper-scissors as they make up more and more bullshit things to "beat" the other's BS thing with.

"Oh yeah well my airplane blows up your robot!"
"Well my battleship blows up your airplane!"
"But my…"

This is literally a staple of those fighting type anime/manga things as well.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

I can't imagine what it must have been like reading that comic as it was being released.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

I am hoping that he is just taking the time to finish the fight in one shot.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

SaltLick posted:

Are there a ton of people really complaining about the length of this fight or is it more concentrated here?

I think people were complaining on Facebook and stuff.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Paramemetic posted:

Lazerbot is probably a master artist. This whole thing has been an experiment in gradually improving an artistic work to attempt to make it seem like development over time, and to mirror our clarity of understanding and rapport with the characters. By the climax, everything will be photorealistic. By the denouement, it will be modern art, with only figures alluding to the characters. Hyper-postmodern symbolic poo poo where we're no longer sure if we're looking at the simulacra or the simulation. As the curtain falls, the characters will look exactly as they did in the beginning, rough sketches in MSPaint, demonstrating their ultimate adequacy as a story-telling medium, and mirroring our attachment to the story as the clarity of the characters fades, the storyteller leaving.

Hahaha, this is kind of a theory I have been toying around with (and hope actually comes true...)

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

There's an even better shot than that. After Cell stabbed his arm, it was left all withered and hosed up looking, and he ripped it off just like Demaro did. It was even the same arm, if I remember correctly.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Oh my god does this mean Tom's bag is gonna be full of famous mouse characters?

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

This hiatus would be easier to digest with a new motion comic or three.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

NextTime000 posted:

or the :effort: option: Microsoft Sam

The voice from that Aphex Twin (aka Power Pill) Pac Man song.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

I like that loving LAZERBOT of all people knows how to spell ridiculous.

Goddammit!