Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

James Trickington posted:

they shoul
d of sent
a powet.

Someone mentioned Tempe, this is ASU heartland. If 4,000 college students can't fix a simple mouse problem, then this world isn't good enough for Sonic & Friends Get Trolled.
(Post-tangent, I found the Shelly thing on the Gold Mine page. That was incredible.)

E: vvvv The Cyrillic made me revisit that Eastern European B^U video.
Wait, does he live in Tempe? Oh my god there is a chance I have met this incredible person

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

DarkHamsterlord posted:

Newsflash: different people find different things funny. It is OK to think the highly detailed fanart is funny, and it is also OK to think it isn't. there is no need for any blood shed ,this problem can be solved with out any villains

gently caress you
troll!

EDIT: Oh god drat it

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

I will support this, but only if all the voice samples sound muffled and low quality as if they came from an old arcade game.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Schwarzwald posted:

Any dialogue should be machine translated into Japanese and then translated back to to English.

You mean it isn't already?

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

JazzFlight posted:

It took a while, but I managed to finish. Enjoy:

"The Troll Slaiyers" Music Video (Song for Chapter 2)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbCM1pREIDM

Now, once Aramek completes the next chapter of voice acting, it's onward to the next set of motion comics!

Amazing! The Mega Man stage select and Brady Bunch picture were great touches.

This also made me realize how much Lazerbot's art has improved since that chapter.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Baronjutter posted:

I've never played any of the newer sonic games but I'm guessing my first impression of silver being awesome from this comic will be utterly dashed if I was to see his canon (caanon?) form in the games?

The best thing I can say about Silver is that his boss fight in Generations was neat.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXPFiY6dT1k

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Zenzirouj posted:

The game. I had assumed he was a good guy from what's in TGT. Or is he just ~misunderstood~?

Not misunderstood, just retarded. In the game he was introduced in he was tricked by a Shadow re-color (yes, a re-color of a re-color) to go back in time from his post-apocalyptic future to the present to kill Sonic. Doing this would supposedly save his future. Then he finds out he's been tricked and suddenly he's good. Then Sonic and a talking poser model go back in time and stop the game from happening.

In Generations his reason for being a dick is that he's a boss battle. There's a few lines of text before you fight him that half-heartedly justify fighting him but it's more like "what are you doing here sonic? or are you a FAKE?" and then it's like "oh ok never mind, hey lets fight again that was fun" if you replay the boss.

Pretty much every Sonic game since 2006 has lacked a "DEEP" story so most of the explanations for stuff that happens after that game can be explained with "gameplay happens alot. get use to it."

Hitlersaurus Christ fucked around with this message at 04:09 on May 31, 2012

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Strongylocentrotus posted:

Makes me glad I never played any Sonic games besides the Genesis ones. Because seriously, what?! Why did they try to give Sonic games any kind of plot besides "Eggman makes robots and steals chaos emeralds, Sonic fights Eggman, gets all the rings, gets all the chaos emeralds, and destroys the robots. Also sometimes his fox buddy and echidna frenemy come along"? No telekinetic, brooding space hedgehogs from the past and the future need apply.

So, uh, props to lazerbot for making me even remotely interested in a bunch of terrible Sonic sequel characters. He did what Sega could not.

E: Since we have some Sonic-knowledgeable people in the thread... was Fang/Nack the Weasel ever used in newer Sonic games like Generations? He was a pretty okay villain in his first appearance (in Triple Trouble for Game Gear, hah) but it seems like Sega forgot he ever existed.

To be honest the latest big console Sonic games have actually been pretty good. There hasn't really been a heavily story-based one since the game Silver was in (well, there was a DS RPG by Bioware but let's not talk about that) and most likely never will be after the backlash.

If you haven't played Sonic Generations, do it. It's pretty cheap on Steam right now too IIRC. Sonic Colors for Wii is pretty good too.

As for Fang/Nack, there's a pretty interesting explanation of his situation here.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Pigbuster posted:

The best thing on the Sonic wiki:
Holy poo poo, I had that book as a kid! I completely forgot that was the plot, but it's all coming back to me now. I guess I never noticed how much of a dick Sonic was back then.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

I like how Sonic stabbed Eggman in the back with a knife but somehow left a giant gaping hole in his stomach.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

JazzFlight posted:

Sorry about the delay, I have no real excuse aside from being lazy (and Diablo 3). However, I am a man of my word: it will be completed. I'm in this for the long-term.
More songs are coming as well, as I plan to finish an album's worth.

EDIT: While I'm at it, are there any well-known songs from American DBZ that fans would recognize? I have the Bruce Falconer soundtracks, but I don't know which songs would be recognizable since I never saw that version. I've (shamefully) seen a lot of Naruto and Bleach so I already know the songs that they play to death in those series.
I never really watched a lot of DBZ, but the one song aside from the opening that sticks with me is the one that plays at the end of the episode when the announcer talks. I think that's when it is at least.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

notoriousman posted:

Yeah, Shadow can't actually run fast like Sonic so Eggman gave him these sort of hover boots he uses to skate about. He's never used them to fly but they have enough lift for him to glide about effortlessly and jump around.

Eggman giving them to him would make too much sense. He already had them for no explained reason in the games, even in flashbacks.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Phlegmish posted:

Unless it starts dragging on like the Mario-Troll King fight. But so far, so good.

Aramek's voice for Shadow is apparently pretty close to the real thing as well. He sounds somewhat more badass in TGT, but that's definitely fitting. How about Sonic, is his whiny voice canon? I've never seen the cartoon. It never even aired in my country, as far as I know.

This is from a few pages back but I got bored and found some examples on youtube to give you an idea of how Sonic, Tails, and his other lovely friends' voices from throughout the years sound compare to Aramek's work.

Sonic and Tails in the early 90s cartoons
Sonic and Tails from Sonic Adventure in 1999, the first time they gave them voices in the games.
Sonic, Tails, and pretty much everyone else from last year's Sonic game

Aramek, is your Eggman voiced influenced by this old thing by any chance? There's definitely a similarity there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

quakster posted:

Does it involve using Open Your Heart from Sonic Adventure or Sweet Sweet Sweet (credits song from Sonic 2) as the background music? Both contain three times the recommended daily maximum amount of cheese and would fit TGT perfectly.

You should use the Akon remix of Sweet Sweet Sweet for something, JazzFlight. It's amazingly terrible.