Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

This is loving hilarious.

"They cant troll you if there dead"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

James Trickington posted:

It's like Columbine eight years in the making.

Columbine kids weren't bullied, that's a myth that was created to make sense of the events and resulted in an increased mistrust of outcasts in american high schools.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Mr. D Bewildering posted:

I'm sorry about this too :( I've since removed all claimed avatars from my prior posts. If anybody notices their avatar still listed, just mention it in a post.

I've made one more, but I also have a bit of a request to go along with this.

This is something I made after a failed experiment. I wanted to make this an animated gif with a simple "shudder" effect like the one seen in avatars like this and this. I know next to nothing about making an animated gif, so I'm leaving it to whoever wants to volunteer to do it :)

e: It's from this page http://i.imgur.com/DYUzM.jpg

Is this good? It keeps moving slower than I tell it from my POV but that might be my browser.

E: God drat it it's not just me, what the heck is going on?

Lurdiak fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Feb 19, 2012

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Apparently 4chan got wind of this guy, I hope they don't gently caress this up by harassing the guy in real life and trying to "prank" him by yelling memes at him over the phone.

Oh, and a friend of mine fixed my gif, if anyone wants to use it:

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

loving yes, I knew Luigi couldn't be a troll. But what's going to happen now? I'm on the edge of my loving seat here.

Lord Byron III posted:

I used to think I was into art. That I was appreciative of it. Then I met this thread, and my eyes were opened.

:hshovel:

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Hold that thought, guys, I'm trying something.

E: Never mind.

Lurdiak fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Feb 21, 2012

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I made a version :hshovel: that actually fits the forums' 1993-era smiley size restrictions, in case someone is stupidAWESOME enough to want to actually buy it.

James Trickington posted:

The only note I have for highshovel is they should pause for a beat or two at the end. This may also be a symptom of having seen a lot of 80s movies, so I dunno.

I did that too.

:regd08:

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

spregalia posted:

How did I miss this thread? This comic and the accompanying awesome that's been pumped out in this thread is utterly fantastic.

Lazerbot, come join us. We may start off laughing at you, but if you play your cards right, we will end up loving you. Just ask Mermaid Shelly.

No, no, no! Don't interact with him, you'll break him! It's like those undiscovered tribes, if you make contact you gently caress it up and ruin everything we could learn by observing them.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Tre Past Cool! posted:

Also, he's not crazy, he's making it bad on purpose. There are too many hints of self awareness like the "not looking gay to the viewers" comment, and the spelling and grammar errors are too numerous and too consistent to be real, no matter how old he really is.

I don't think he's crazy, but I do think he's probably autistic and definitely sincere. Sometimes it does give the idea that it's being self-aware, but just because he makes intentional jokes doesn't mean the rest of it isn't sincere. People's minds aren't either totally disconnected or 100% self-aware and in control, there's a lot of subtlety to how they work. I mean it's possible that this is all an elaborate act, lord knows TobleroneTriangular fooled the hell out of me back in the day, but he does seem to be the real deal. I consider myself pretty good at detecting fake gimmicks, and if I thought this was fake I'd definitely point it out, but I'm a believer.

I also don't get why you're taking a dump on this thread. Not all the fanart is equally hilarious, but it's all just a sincere celebration of how entertaining and ridiculous this guy's stuff is. The only thing I wouldn't want is for people to start harassing the guy in real life and trying to humiliate him and creepily document every second of his life like with Chris-chan.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

magic pantaloons posted:

I'm addicted to making stupid gifs:

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Is that Doug Funnie. Like. For real? I don't know how much more of these twists I can take.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

nerdbot posted:

I also like the irony of Shadow saying that Sonic should kill Eggman and be more like him, but in doing just that, Sonic has unintentionally strengthened the trolls. DEEP.......

Sonic taking Shadow's advice loving killed him, and took out a potential troll opponent. Shadow's escalation of violence against the trolls also hosed up the plans of the secret anti troll alliance. And Shadow's now faced with someone who's taken his philosophy to the extreme in Mario, who's become more or less a monster. This is like a complete dissection of Shadow's philosophy. It's like a modern Greek tragedy where all the seemingly admirable traits of the protagonist lead him and everyone in his life to ruin.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

vyelkin posted:

I think the argument is that since Bugs and Daffy were clearly conscious beings capable of abstract thought, communication, and love, that another similar being eating them would be like cannibalism even though they may not be the exact same species. I'm not sure if it holds up, but I'm pretty sure that's the rationale behind it.

That really doesn't hold up because animals eat other animals that are just as smart as them all the time and it's not defined as cannibalism.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Yeah, at least Lazerbot never wrote kids loving in the sewers. I really don't feel this comic reflects any issues in Lazerbot's life.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Amateur Saboteur posted:

Man, I dunno why but I appreciate comedic 'They Might Be Giants' and parody style songs way more than 'actual' songs. Thing is, I enjoy them as if they were in fact traditional songs, I even find myself memorizing the nonsense lyrics and singing them back to myself.

I noticed this trait in myself as soon as I first discovered the Auto-Tune the News videos. Then again when I came across the brilliant stuff Bad Lip Reading has been making. And I just have to say your songs have been right up on par with them for me.

That's called being a huge nerd, man.

Vengarr posted:

It's terrible, but I hear all of Mario's dialogue as spoken by Lou Albedo, the guy who did the TV show. It adds a level of gritty realness that I'm not sure this webcomic needs.

Lou Albano, and it's not terrible, his portrayal was pretty amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65uNCLBTje0

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Can we give Hitmen for Destiny its own thread already, it's really got nothing to do with Tails gets Trolled.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

PalmTreeFun posted:

I swear in the last ten pages or so this thread has turned into an ADTRW thread or something. People Taking lovely Media Too Seriously: The Thread.

As long as nobody starts "ironically" shipping the characters and drawing creepy fanart of their favorite couples, I think we're good.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

JazzFlight posted:

If lazerbot is mimicking comics/manga, the next immediate panel will be a big detailed splash page with Mario getting killed by the fireball.

I wouldn't particularly like that outcome (I think Mario has at least a little bit of story left in him), but it would fit the style of most comic fights.

Edit: of course, the next panel could also be a splash page of someone coming to the rescue and blocking or reflecting the fireball.

Actually it's equally likely to just be a big explosion, then when the smoke clears, Mario's wearing a new suit and is totally unharmed.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Are any of you talented fellows planning on animating more of the comics? I really love the 3 that we do have, and I know more of them have been voiced. I'd love for it to at least get to the murders.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

vyelkin posted:

Same, that caught me totally by surprise and was incredible.

That's very close to his official voice: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Au3JeK_cdGk

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

You guys need to cut Lazerbot some slack. Let him tell his story at his own pace. This fight is only a few pages long so far, and for all you know it's leading up to something amazing.

Chill your pill.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

The Super-Id posted:

Since he was threatening to use the word of death if Mario grabbed another star... why didn't he just use it when the tornado was taking Mario away. Suspension of disbelief broken.

The wind woulda dispersed it?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Gaseous Snake posted:

Who in the group wears blue pants and green boots?

It's Big Nose Troll, as seen in the last panel here:

I guess thoughs->
guys are roomy's?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

kidcoelacanth posted:

Is... is that Gary Oak?

Seems like a troll to me.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

drat, I was actually interested in how that troll would react to Silver's true identity.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Die Laughing posted:

Spoken like someone who hasn't read a comic book in over a decade. Welcome to BSS. Hop on over to the Batman or Comic Recommendation threads, and see how wrong you are.

Unless by compelling you mean loving hilarious, then you're probably right. Lazerbot is a master of absurdist humor.

Yeah there's been a lot of amazing Batman comics in the past decade, like:

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Forge_Pharaoh posted:

How much better this comic is than Homestuck:

A lot.

That bar's pretty low.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

How come Wile E's symbol is yellow but everyone else's is red? What does it mean.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

While we're at it:

:hishovel:

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

TwoPair posted:

Jesus, I know Wile E. is apparently a wise sage, but can he see in bullet time now? How else would he know the bullet's coming?

Man he can see the Roadrunner, bullets must be sluggish to his senses.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Do not buy Sonic 4, no matter how much you end up enjoying Colors and Generations.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Who the hell doesn't like the Looney Tunes?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsD-sePT3tY

Seriously, I could watch this all day.

Lurdiak fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Jun 2, 2012

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Rahonavis posted:

Howdy. I said a while back that Lazerbot is doing way, way more interesting things with the Looney Tunes characters than Warner Bros. has done in the past fifteen odd years.

Try 50, excluding the occasional anomaly like Space Jam.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

It was outright stated, though? There was no guessing involved.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

simplefish posted:

My question is what if you get attacked while your hand is still broken or in pain? Kind of defeats the purpose of training, doesn't it?

E: All right that was uncalled for.

Lurdiak fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Jun 10, 2012

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Martial arts aren't home defense tools. People generally don't undertake martial arts training because they're constantly under threat of attack. It's about pushing one's limitations to be able to perform in controlled circumstances, or in some cases, during warfare. Mas Oyama trained alone in a mountain shack for years, punching trees and eating high protein diets and living with basically nothing. Why on earth would anyone attack him?

It's like saying Boot Camp is useless because what if someone attacks the rookies while they're disassembling their guns??

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Suzuki Method posted:

I don't think someone's an idiot for not knowing every little thing about martial arts. I hardly can name more than 3 types of martial arts let alone know why one would break their hands on purpose.

All right fair enough, edited.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Yeah uh, it's an actual martial arts training technique, but you can't just start randomly headbutting rocks and walls and become Iron Head Jackson. You have to be smart about it.

Unless you're an anime.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

The MSJ posted:

Edit:
VVV Photobucket seems to have a problem with this. I linked it to the full-sized picture. VVV

Use imgur, batsard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Just so you guys know, smart hulk is an actual comic book character called "Professor Hulk" and he's the greatest.