Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

RevolverDivider posted:

Modern Lazerbot is really bad and does not understand why people liked him in the first place.

You're talking about a guy who's reaction to the words "magnum opus" was telling the commenter to gently caress off.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

tiistai posted:

Pink Guy? Tell me he's not talking about the Filthy Frank character

He's talking about Espio, I think, the purplish guy who died trying to save Sonic from the Troll King. Vector seems to constantly forget his name.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Everyone is so miserable.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

This is easily the best time to abandon ship since the Amy Rose rape flashback.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

His brother may be helping him with grammar and stuff but I think the heavy focus on relationship drama is Lazy b's own idea.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

appropriatemetaphor posted:

wait so is the guy who made the original comics still making them? or is this some goon project copying them?? whats going on

It's still the same guy. But he's gotten older and watched The Wire or something and now everything sucks.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Maybe this thread should be goldmined before it ungolds from all tthe shittiness.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

toanoradian posted:

The only strip comic I can still remember is Bob and George and I can still remember how furious I was the author didn't wanna adapt Megaman 8. Furious. Ah, the good old days.

That comic really went off the loving rails.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

The movie he's looking for is Falling Down.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

LRADIKAL posted:

Is the animated comic the one voiced by a Nazi?

No that's Full Metal Alchemist.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

George H.W. oval office posted:

Is that LB art? It’s seriously gotten so much better over the years

I think fans are drawing from LB's scripts at the moment.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

coolbob posted:

It was only 4 chapters, but due to a few months-long hiatuses between some pages it lasted for almost two years in IRL time. And I actually enjoyed the Cheeto Man villain reveal, it's just too bad that it got bogged down in the Coyote/Demaro fight for five years after that

The issue with the Cheeto-man villain reveal was that it made all the time Tails spent with the Defenders completely meaningless retroactively. And I mean I know this comic isn't exactly a traditional narrative but that whole thing really does feel like wasted time, so much time was spent on Tails learning about the Defenders and their backstory and their lore and training with them and then I guess it was all a front for a sex/drug cartel.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Awesome interview.

Remember that time someone called the comic a Magnum Opus and Lazerbot thought that was an insult?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Vargo posted:

That feels... a little unfair? I don't really remember what it was like TEN YEARS AGO when this started, but I don't remember any serious Chris-Chan comparisons and I don't know that people were abusive towards LB, I feel like we've been mostly bewilderded and sometimes supportive. I could be wrong.

But also, he got really mad that someone said he was using "unreliable narrator" because he didn't know what that meant and thought it was a criticism, so that might be what he means by "backhanded compliments."

Anyway, it makes me a little sad that that's what he thinks.

Looking at my post history in this thread, I speculated he might be autistic, and I was one of the nicer ones. Lots of people were also speculating he might be making a lovely comic on purpose as an andy kaufman thing, which is pretty insulting to read about your sincere work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Zerilan posted:

iirc he also got real upset when people suggested to him to stop using gay/ablest slurs as much?

Who can forget Tails Gets Gay.