Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

arachnobot
Apr 3, 2006

SniperWoreConverse posted:

PS. I can't figure out how to deal with artifacts.
Now, I'm not "educated" or "literate," but there is a specific typeface I'm thinking of, and I can't remember the name. I know it was used in the Renaissance (or possibly based off Renaissance typefaces?), it has a distinctive-looking M, and some fancy letters nerd said it "was the most beautiful font ever" or some poo poo. Anyone know what I'm talking about? I was gonna use that but said gently caress it.

Maybe you're thinking of some form of "uncial," because that's a very beautiful book-hand (and was used for renowned manuscripts such as the Book of Kells), and it does have a distinctive m (which is made with rounded strokes, so that the bottom legs are sort of curved under). Its regular use was way prior to the renaissance (more like 3rd-8th c), but when people want something to look fancy they will often re-use old scripts for just titles, etc. (the word "Prince" does look like uncial.) So I'd look up that.

I just caught up with this thread over the course of a few days and I cannot stop loving thinking about Tails Gets Trolled and how amazing it is.

I also loving loved that Pieta bugs/daffy a few pages back, I was hoping someone would do exactly that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

arachnobot
Apr 3, 2006

NoneSuch posted:

If anyone does try to finish it the requirement should be that it has to be concluded within 4-8 panels.

But not while there's still hope he could finish it himself. I believe. :colbert:

arachnobot
Apr 3, 2006

Hahaha, yessss. He is really good with changes of perspective and stuff, I love the row of panels that's like: Fire coming out of Bowser's Mouth/Yoshi catching a shell in mid-toss/Yoshi jumping over the fire like a boss.

arachnobot
Apr 3, 2006

I'm kind of afraid that if he keeps introducing crossovers too rapidly, it would dampen the magic, though. (Other cereal mascots or Doug characters wouldn't be a "new" crossover, I don't think, because it expands on the ones already introduced.) Like part of the reason I laughed my rear end off at the appearance of Daffy Duck and the other warner brothers characters is that I was totally blindsided by it. Again, Doug Funnie and the Trix Rabbit? Totally not expecting that. But maybe if it happens too often, we won't be so surprised and it won't be so hilarious. I...I just don't want the magic to end. :ohdear:

But, lazerbot, I will put my trust in your hands. I believe in your genius. (Seriously, dude, this is loving the best.)

arachnobot
Apr 3, 2006

Saddr Weirdr posted:

Just catched up with the thread, and I have to say this comic is absolutely captivating. And hilarious. But I guess pretty much everyone agrees on that. I just wanted to share another webcomic this reminded me of, Hitmen For Destiny. It also features badly drawn artwork and poor spelling, as well as an epic and cleverly convoluted storyline, humor, and lots of violence. Since it concluded, I've been craving for something like it, and I guess Tails Gets Trolled hits all the right buttons to become the next crazy comic masterpiece.

Saddr Weirdr, thank you SO MUCH for this. It's so loving amazing. I'm like 1/3 of the way through now and I'll be so sad when it ends. Everyone, this is a must-read.

If anyone knows of more poo poo like this, tell me about it. :allears:

arachnobot
Apr 3, 2006

Calico Heart posted:

I know a place we can
neverbe found, neverbe found, neverbe found

Oh my god. Please record it even if it is lovely quality.

arachnobot
Apr 3, 2006

JazzFlight posted:

This is amazing and the chorus is stuck in my head right now.

You see, this is what true art does. It inspires others to make more art. :golfclap:

arachnobot
Apr 3, 2006

Stottie Kyek posted:

I did a blues tribute to Shadow and Knuckles. Sorry about the sound quality, I've only got the lovely mic on my laptop for it.

Wholey poo poo, that was amazing. <---originally mistyped "holy," decided to keep it as being in the spirit of TGT. Can you post the lyrics?

arachnobot
Apr 3, 2006

Spellman posted:

I think that the corrections only add to the mythos of this comic.

"Yeah, I was reading Tails Gets Trolled right as it came out. Saw the original 'canan' page live, before the author corrected it." :smug:

edit: not making fun of you, if that wasn't clear. I just like the idea of there being Tails Gets Trolled connoisseurs with an exhaustive knowledge of every detail.

arachnobot fucked around with this message at 12:44 on Apr 5, 2012

arachnobot
Apr 3, 2006

ThePutty posted:

im hope this hurts

I really can't help but see Murderface from Metalocalypse as Mario's dad, they look similar.

I was totally about to post that. He is a dead ringer for Murderface. But he also actually does look like the dad of Mario and Luigi.

arachnobot
Apr 3, 2006

But the troll, too, is given a sympathetic backstory: he turned to trolling and villains because he himself was the subject of oppression and ostracization. He banded together with women--also oppressed in medieval society--and other marginalized people to form their own community. The troll king found romance--his beautiful wife--and has a tender fatherly love for his beautiful babby.

But ultimately, their resentment was too great, and they violently overthrew the society that had shunned them. In this, I feel, is a commentary on the origins of trolls: it is often those who are hurting, who feel themselves to be outsiders, who turn to trolling as a way to revenge themselves on those who hurt them, or to forge their own community.

Trolls and anti-trolls alike are trapped in a cycle of verbal abuse and villains. One side hurts the other, that side swears revenge and inflicts more villains. How did this start, after all? Tails got trolled, Shadow killed the trolls for it. The troll community seeks to hunt down the perpetrators, and thus war is begun. Aggression becomes the defense against future aggression. Perhaps Sonic's idea did not work, but using villains carries its own, complex consequences. Who in this story, then, are the real violence? I suspect Tails and his hidden comrades will show us yet a third way.

Or perhaps Tails will just get some fighting powers and gently caress everyone up more than Shadow ever could.

arachnobot
Apr 3, 2006

I thought they were pretty funny, especially Big Bird.

arachnobot
Apr 3, 2006

Rencall posted:

The troll king says "get use to it" about Luigi's death the same way Mario told Luigi to "get use to it" about his parent's death.

This either shows their similarity to one another and hypocrisy....

Or it shows Lazerbot's inability to expand his vocabulary.

You decide!

I interpret it as an ironic echo, either intentionally by the troll, as Is this taken said, or on a meta-level.

Loving the tears streaming back from his eyes in panel 4. It's those little details.

arachnobot
Apr 3, 2006

Antivehicular posted:

This is rather belated, but I really love that Mario and Luigi's parents had this bizarre functional-abusive household thing going on. Kario and Unnamed Wife(?) just seemed so casual about their stimulant abuse, domestic violence, and prostitution -- if only they didn't live in a house without a door in the back door, it would have been perfect. Well, that and abandoning children who would later kill them with a baseball bat and burn down the house, but that goes without saying.

EDIT: Also, lazerbot really is getting good at drawing authentically evocative facial expressions. His art's been improving steadily as TGT goes on, but the expressions in particular have gone from hahaha-amazing to actually pretty good!

Yeah, they're a couple who know what they want in life: coke, unprotected sex, and endless domestic strife. And they're not gonna let anything get in the way of that.

arachnobot
Apr 3, 2006

Creepy Goat posted:

gently caress, I just woke up and finally decided to click this thread... 3 1/2 hours ago.

My head and ribs and stomach hurt from laughing. About halfway through I got the link to the imgur album, (just before the defenders reveal), so everytime I saw a new character introduced I would read up the relevant posts on the forum and watch everyone react to it as I literally cried in hysterics.

This is the greatest thread I have probably ever read on the forums for sheer comedic value. I genuinely believe a lot of people would buy a physical copy of the saga if it was designed in a 'fitting' way. Like you could have one of those pull-tab things like in childrens books, pull the tab and Shadow gives you the middile finger.

e; gently caress I didn't even seen the glare turn to a smirk until now

And what's-his-face could shoot in an arc from the canan and smash against the hillside.

arachnobot
Apr 3, 2006

total agreement posted:

Enough bullshit, here's more lazerbot:

Hahaha, I was wondering what suit it was gonna be, and honestly not expecting that one. Mario's facial expressions are so great. I agree with what's been said before in the thread, lazerbot really has a knack for facial expressions.

And the troll king looks so contented in the last panel.

arachnobot
Apr 3, 2006

GonadTheBallbarian posted:

Can't. No camera, and no time.

Can't you like, borrow someone's camera or iPhone or, just... this can't go undocumented :stare:

arachnobot
Apr 3, 2006

GonadTheBallbarian posted:

It can, and will (at least on my end). I seriously don't have the time to hunt someone down in a sea of people who may not even be here anymore while I'm on the job.

Keep faith, though, as cameras are flashing everywhere, and it may end up on a tumblr somewhere, and someone here will find it. It exists.

I saw a Fudd with a mask. Not sure if there were others. I'm locked away in a media room, writing my balls off.

Understood. I doubt it will be the last TGT cosplay.

arachnobot
Apr 3, 2006

uwaeve posted:

That motion ripple is like the visual equivalent of the sound in the Six Million Dollar Man for me.

The motion ripple owns, I almost want an avatar just of that.

Bloomington posted:

So, uh. I made a thing:

http://youtu.be/JkKyh8qFlJY

I wanted to make something to give back to the thread and I had way too much free time on my hands.

This had me grinning the whole way through, and it's been a hard week. Thanks.

arachnobot
Apr 3, 2006

Almost Smart posted:

This comic is a lot like the Simpsons. It should have ended on a high note a long time back, but it just keeps limping on.

When should it have ended? I think this comic has been consistently compelling, and I always look forward to more. There's a lot of things that have been put into play which haven't come to pass yet.

arachnobot
Apr 3, 2006

StealthArcher posted:

Noooooooo, he was a good troll and friend.

Good night sweet prince.

Underbite Troll Memorial Post

You literally made
Adolf Hitler get off
his dick-throne in the
midst of the flames
of Hell, walk into the
bathroom, and sob
quietly in the corner
of a shower. He held
a bottle of cheap
whiskey in his
shaking hand, no
longer secure in his
position as world's
least likable human
being.

RIP

arachnobot
Apr 3, 2006

Krinkle posted:

So do people see the lines or are the lines for our benefit, and the neutral's (sp) just feel the lines?

I dunno, I think the neutrals at least can see the lines, because Wile E. made some comment about the "strings" coming out of his fingers, which he immediately surmised could be used to control things like puppets.

arachnobot
Apr 3, 2006

Oh my god.

I think this is the most I've been in suspense with this comic yet.

arachnobot
Apr 3, 2006

MustelaFuro posted:

Until I read everyone's comments, I thought it was Wile who fired the gun. I was wondering why Wile would freak out at Porky getting a second chance and shoot his wife and child.

Maybe that is what happened :aaaaa:

arachnobot
Apr 3, 2006

Sue posted:

im about to punch you in the face

Shadow, stop being such a douche!
Knuckles is the only useful Troll Slaiyer so far.

Sylvester is dangerously close to showing some emotion there :ohdear:

arachnobot
Apr 3, 2006

JazzFlight posted:

I thought that lazerbot was shifting to an official "emler" spelling, but he went back to the regular "elmer" one in the first panel. Also, I think "well you was gonna cut off my dick" is a great line.

His expression is so loving amazing in that panel. So resentful, so world-weary, so resigned, yet with a soupçon of defiance still sloshing in his heart.

arachnobot
Apr 3, 2006

Cechmanek posted:

I didn't realize how wide that blade is.

Yeah, it's apparently a cone I guess.

arachnobot
Apr 3, 2006

lazerbot posted:

oh you haven't even seem how crazy my diamond can be

gently caress I want this as a custom title. Just don't know what avatar I want yet.

arachnobot
Apr 3, 2006

ToastyPotato posted:

I just picture the second panel representing Rob dramatic swishing his cape as he turns around to walk off.

I know, I love it. :allears: Although I have to admit I momentarily thought was some sort of bird bill or flipper.

arachnobot
Apr 3, 2006

Olivia42 posted:

I figure it's about time I contributed something to the thread if I am ever to consider myself worthy of the great "troll slaiyers" tag, so I've made some fanart of my personal favorite character in TGT, in the one true form he was meant to be presented: Finger puppet.

gently caress this is awesome, I love his expression.

You should do other TGT characters. Although Rob does seem uniquely suited for finger puppet form.

arachnobot
Apr 3, 2006

Sue posted:

Page 15, for real.

Don't pick your nose Tails, goddammit! :mad:

Fuuuuck, Tails' expressions in this are so great.

get to
the point
already
and just
say it,
say it
like a
man

My first thought was that tailsgetstrolled.com sounds like a great idea. My second thought was a worry that the increased attention from a good one-stop-shopping site would somehow corrupt the perfection of TGT. But lazerbot has shown himself capable of handling a lot of attention so far. Never stop being so chill, lazerbot :allears:

arachnobot
Apr 3, 2006

Calico Heart posted:

God have mercy on my soul, but I was just re-reading some of TGT and -

I miss overbite troll.

I know, I want to make a memorial page for him. Poignant frames and quotes, such as:

"You literally made Adolf Hitler get off his dick-throne in the midst of the flames of hell, walk to the bathroom, and sob quietly in a corner of the shower. He held a bottle of cheap whiskey in his shaking hand, no longer secure in his position as world's least likable human being."

and "goons goons goony rear end goons"

Maybe one of those deals where visitors can light a virtual candle, what do you think?

Times like this I really wish I had any kind of graphic/visual arts or music ability, so I could contribute. Fan fiction or poems, I could do. But I don't know what I'd write it on, I haven't had any bursts of inspiration.

arachnobot
Apr 3, 2006

Sue posted:

Here you go.

If you really don't see poo poo in the original, you might want to try adjusting the gamma on your monitor.
Maybe that could help.

Haha, I didn't notice the six-pack on that...thing until I saw the lightened version.

It has some pig-like features, I wonder if it's somehow the corpse of Porky that's had stuff done to it? :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

arachnobot
Apr 3, 2006

Aramek posted:

Look what y'all made me do. Forgive how damned hammy I get, but, dramatic readings are always so damned cheesy.

Did it as a full cold read of the above rant (that pastebin really helped to read it, thanks) and some pretty crude editing.

e: I even left one mistake in. :blush: Teaches me to cold read.

Holy gently caress :stare:

Wanna do a reading so bad but I have no equipment whatsoever. :(