Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rencall
May 30, 2006

My existence is that which you fear.

The big metaphysical question that arises from this comic:

If a troll is just a person who's a jerk on the Internet, how does a troll become a literal creature?

Does the process of insulting people on the web, at some point, transform you into a troll? At that point do you go and work in the troll castle?

Finally, if trolls are literal trolls, why would the rage comic mask fool them? It's clearly not a troll.

I'm going to go lay down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rencall
May 30, 2006

I feel bad that even after all this publicity, Lazerbot still writes like the other 12 year olds I used to play Ultima Online and Quake with when I was a kid:

ahahah u fcukin human being noob
im gunna take ur poo poo
Corp Por

While this is funny, it also kinda shows the guy has a hard time moving past certain phases in his life, especially if he's now 20 years old. I know this has been covered before, but he clearly has some type of mental problem. I'd like to believe he's being ironic and funny on purpose, but too often the dialogue among his characters descends back to irrational hate / rage against people who pick on him in real life.

So I just hope he can handle his newfound Internet popularity without really cracking (if he couldn't take a few haters in his life before, wait until he realizes he's going viral...not everybody on the Internet is as kind and loving as SomethingAwful GBS goons).

Rencall
May 30, 2006

Some Other Guy posted:

I think the fact that we still haven't resolved his age just adds to the appeal of this comic, though, come on -- he's probably not actually 20 and if you go pages back you can find the link to his youtube channel where he indeed appears to be an adolescent.

I got the impression that somehow he was verified to be 20, or something.

If he really is 11 or 12, then nevermind... In that case Lazerbot is my hero.

I used to pencil sketch comics like this when I was that age, my dialogue was better, but there's no way i could match his surrealistic insanity.

I still haven't figured out why Elmer Fudd is allegedly a corpse eating cannibal, for instance.

Rencall
May 30, 2006

FrenchToasty posted:

Since when is a hunter who eats duck and wabbit a cannibal?

Also, you have to remember that up until this point, trying to kill Bugs was Fudd's entire existence. Dude's having a crisis right now.

Is anybody else inspired to watch a realistic gritty version of the Warner Brothers universe but drawn in the same type of animation? Maybe throw in some weird crossovers for fun.

Rencall
May 30, 2006

I am so glad that Bowser and The Hulk are finally working together.

Playing Mario games my whole life, I always thought this would be the most sensible thing to do.

Rencall
May 30, 2006

Do you think Wario was raised by Kario? It would make a lot of sense.

Rencall
May 30, 2006

I want to see more from the troll king's disturbed son, the guy whose troll rage-face is naturally the way he looks.

Rencall
May 30, 2006

TGT stops suicide?

do you think it could bring acceptance of Tibet by Chinese authorities?

Rencall
May 30, 2006

Does Mario's evil behavior perhaps mean that Bowser has been justified all this time?

How do we know Princess Peach wasn't willingly with Bowser to escape psychological abuse? Bowser may be a bad boy, but he's probably not as bad as Mario.

Rencall
May 30, 2006

One way or another, the troll king's child will at least solve the age old mystery: "how is babby formed?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rencall
May 30, 2006

The troll king says "get use to it" about Luigi's death the same way Mario told Luigi to "get use to it" about his parent's death.

This either shows their similarity to one another and hypocrisy....

Or it shows Lazerbot's inability to expand his vocabulary.

You decide!