Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tiger Crazy
Sep 25, 2006

If you couldn't find any weirdness, maybe we'll just have to make some!
Hey all I I was certified SSI a couple years ago and it looks like I will be going to Curacao this summer. I'm interested in doing a few day dives as I don't have my advanced open water. My question is does anyone have any recommendations for dive shops or if the advanced open water is worth it to get there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiger Crazy
Sep 25, 2006

Does anyone have recommendations in the Caribbean to get dive master certified that is cheap to live and cheap (relatively) for certification?

Tiger Crazy
Sep 25, 2006

therobit posted:

Yeah, by Baja I meant the southern tip of the peninsula. Flights to Los Cabos/SJD are about half the length and half the cost of flights to Hawaii from Portland. But the water temperature is also colder in the winter when we usually have time for a trip as a couple without the kids. And we have a buttload of airline miles. But when I have looked into Bonaire the fights were both expensive and requiring at least two transfers, which just eats a ton of time. Hawaii and Los Cabos are both nonstop flights for us.

Belize is also a pretty quick flight and there are tons of diving opportunities down there. Plus it is pretty cheap.