Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paradox Personified
Mar 15, 2010

:sun: SoroScrew :sun:
A good friend of mine recently got labyrinthitis. He had spearfished for years off the coast of Hilo in Hawaii, but now he's too afraid to even go back into the water. He refused treatment at his recent doctor visit because he's a big giant wierdo that loves drugs, just not the ones that are good for you. I don't even understand. Is there a way he can get back to diving with little or no risk of recurrence? Is there anything I could possibly talk him into, to help him with recovery?
Apparently his biggest and pretty much only complaint to getting back into the water is getting over how the wave-action affects him now, so he can't dive at all. He's almost to the point of just selling all his diving gear because of it, but not quite yet. I assume since he didn't do anything to treat early on, that he's basically hosed with his recovery and only earplugs could keep any virals from possibly re-entering?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paradox Personified
Mar 15, 2010

:sun: SoroScrew :sun:
So labyrinthitis is an uncommon thing then, right?