Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Just sitting on the bottom? Sweet.

The best I ever saw was a DM who lost her sunglasses over the side of the boat. They weren't even at a dive site, but a week later someone was on the local facebook asking if anyone owned these glasses they found 30m down :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

My understanding is that, in calm weather, the snorkels are just there to make things easy on the surface between surface skills?

I mean that's how I spot a group of open water students - they are all flapping their hands and they are all wearing snorkels.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

I dunno, my guess from no data is that most people learn to dive because they are visiting near/on holiday at a cool diving destination, but don't get much opportunity to do it back home. Then it comes down not just to whether they like diving but whether they will plan whole future trips around it.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

no no no that is for cool things like whalesharks and nudis only :grognard:

I hear racists have been doing a lot of this 'breathing' too recently, don't want to get associated with that...

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Yeah I find the moment I have a camera I go into 100% pokemon mode where every cool thing MUST BE CAPTURED to show people in the bar who don't care

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

If you head an hour or two off the coast of Bali to Nusa Lembongan, the diving is incredible. Crystal clear, 90% coral coverage, often super drifty, and sites where you can reliably chill with mantas :3:

Seasons may vary of course but I was there around May a few years ago and was blown away. Wrong time of year for sunfish but apparently they come out too!

The culture is Balinese but with much less of the tourist hustle you get on the main island.

It is a bit of a pain to get there though and expect to be rinsed for $40+ getting the boat over

Strategic Tea fucked around with this message at 22:55 on May 6, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

They're so friendly :buddy: