Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hooray4hawksbills
May 11, 2013
I'd seconding (third? fourth?) the zoop. I actually have the direct predecessor, the Gekko, it's never given me any trouble. If I did more night diving I'd probably prefer one with an actual backlight but the glow in the dark screen works ok and is very readable. I don't have a backup but I do have a dive watch, so if the computer fails I'm planning on going up to the hang bar and doing a longer safety stop than usual.

As for spare parts I say have an O-ring kit as a minimum, a backup mask and fin straps never hurt anyone either. If you do get a backup mask make sure you do the toothpaste thing or it's not going to do you any good. Tables are good... I think you should spend an afternoon making sure you actually remember the no decompression limits though.

My other $0.02 - get a flag and start doing shore diving if you haven't already!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU