Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Taint
Oct 19, 2003

pupdive posted:

Add to that the grace with which underwater creatures move, and it is basically a religious experience every time a diver goes down, except for jaded people who forget to enjoy what life has to offer.

Tell me that after I've dived a boat and come out of the water covered in shrimp that look like alien arms flailing around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Taint
Oct 19, 2003

TLG James posted:

50 bucks? Reasonable? I can bump it up a bit if needed.

I just bought this, a Princeton Tec Torrent LED. I haven't gotten it in the water yet, but it's BRIGHT. $40.

Big Taint
Oct 19, 2003

TLG James posted:

Did you buy it locally? I didn't see a spot to buy it on there.

I got it from West Marine. REI also carries that brand. Also, Amazon sells them.

Big Taint
Oct 19, 2003

Does anybody here use an Oceanic GT3 regulator? Any reason why I should spend more money if I'm just doing occasional rec diving / cleaning the hull of my boat? How about the Halcyon Traveler BC?

I'm replacing some second-hand '70s gear. It's older than me.

Big Taint
Oct 19, 2003

Donít forget that ginger is proven effective for seasickness, and itís a great excuse to eat way too many ginger snaps.