Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

echo465
Jun 3, 2007
I like ice cream

evil_bunnY posted:

Twinax. Yes you can.
Double check compatibility between cards and SFP+ modules before you buy. I had planned to use all Cisco SFP+'s, but Intel x520 cards don't work with Cisco SFP+ modules. http://www.intel.com/support/network/adapter/pro100/sb/CS-030612.htm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echo465
Jun 3, 2007
I like ice cream
Anyone using VMware View?

I'm using View 5.1 with a floating pool of Win7/32 desktops and PCoIP zero clients. Printers are deployed to users with the Windows print management console. The printers show up fine, users can print to them, but if they set their default printer to one of the deployed printers, it resets to the Microsoft XPS printer on their next logon.

How do I get it to keep the network printer as the default printer?

echo465
Jun 3, 2007
I like ice cream

warning posted:

What are you using for user state persistence?

Roaming profiles? Persona management?
Persona management. There's a group policy setting to roam the 'printer neighborhood' (Computer Configuration / Policies / Administrative Templates / Classic / VMware View Agent Configuration / Persona Management / Folder Redirection / Printer Neighborhood), but although it created a new folder for my test user, it still failed to keep the default printer setting.

echo465 fucked around with this message at 13:17 on Sep 19, 2012

echo465
Jun 3, 2007
I like ice cream

BelDin posted:

What is the pool behavior for logoff? I bet it is set to refresh....

We had to set ours to never with 4.6 or it would change back settings like printers on refresh. Haven't been able to get a 5.x test up yet.
Yeah, it's either that, or it's set to nuke the machine after logoff. This blows, now I'm looking at doing a logoff script to save the default printer and a logon script to put it back.

three posted:

Try disabling the ThinPrint services (if you don't use them).
I might end up doing just that. I need to figure out what all that affects first though.

echo465 fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Sep 20, 2012

echo465
Jun 3, 2007
I like ice cream

KennyG posted:

You'd think that, but some firms we visit have a weird layered proxy that is killing the connection.

Skip the client's internet connection and use an aircard?