Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Timdogg
Oct 4, 2003

The internet? Is that thing still around?

FISHMANPET posted:

We'll most likely be getting a Compellent SAN with an SSD tier, so that's taken care of (I assume that's what you mean by SSD caching?).

I am also in the education arena ...wondering what kind of pricing you are getting for this Compellent hardware. Not looking for an exact quote, but I have no concept how much Compellent costs for education now that Dell bought them...so a round figure would really help me out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Timdogg
Oct 4, 2003

The internet? Is that thing still around?

Misogynist posted:

Pricing is typically considered to be vendor-confidential privileged information, and it's rather damaging for vendor relations to share it. If you have a budget figure, call them up, and see if they have anything that fits your range.

Yeah, I hate getting sales people all excited because the last thing they ever give me is an actual price. I usually have to go through a sales presentation and end up pissing people off because they were completely out of our price range.

Basically I was looking for a range, like over 50K? 100k? 1 BILLION dollars? I just have no concept how much Compellent is.