Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

Your VMWare servers are running smoothly, but you're awake at night. You just know you're getting a call, or an alert, about the server, and soon. What's about to go wrong?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

VMware is it so hard to:
Make a vSphere vCenter vConverter that vSupports vAll the vVersions of ESXi/Workstation and can do physical disk->vmdk?
p2v is the foot in the door, of all the tools this one should make any crazy combo of source/destination relatively painless.

Making a vm so I can attach the disk and then use convertor to send it into the server is... a bit silly. The alternative is to hunt down 7 year old versions of imaging software.

Maybe I missed out on some 3rd party thing or a super-hidden VMware tool.

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

Has anyone used LSI's cachecade with esxi? Will it only work inside a vm or can the entire system take advantage of it? It looks like it will be used via guest os somehow and I'd rather not get hopes up if it can't accelerate all of the guests or won't work right with VMware sitting between it and the card. There's info about VMware VSA out thee and plain windows, just not much on this type of setup.