Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
robodex
Jun 6, 2007

They're what's for dinner

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

OP forgot to mention Sarah in the character list. She's only slightly more irrelevant than Seth!

Also, IIRC they said that the actual actress moved away so there's no chance she'll ever come back as a character v:shobon:v

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

robodex
Jun 6, 2007

Wow, I didn't even realize DVDs have been shipping--wasn't there a bit of a lag between pre-orders and the DVDs actually shipping for Season 1?

Either way, I was surprised as hell when someone dropped off the package on my desk :)

robodex
Jun 6, 2007

Random, but why did I just receive $12 sent to my paypal from Downtown Explosion and immediately afterwards a charge for $24?

[edit] I'm assuming it might be to charge the difference on S+H, but the postage only said $3.25 on the envelope so I don't see why I'm being charged an extra $12?

robodex fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Feb 29, 2012

robodex
Jun 6, 2007

I'm starting to get concerned about this charge from Downtown Explosion but I still haven't gotten a response, I hope my paypal account isn't closed for non-payment :ohdear:

robodex
Jun 6, 2007

Drunk Tomato posted:

I watched the DVD with my friends thinking "oh, everyone's gonna get bored, nothing really scary happened this season..."

Nope.

Season 2 was WAY more intense than season 1. It was actually pretty freaky, even for those of us that had already seen them on youtube. Something about seeing all the entries back-to-back in a dark room really ramps up the tension.

Yeah, I noticed that too. When I watched the series initially, I thought it was boring because we'd have a few weeks between entries and then get treated to a 15-minute episode where Jay walks around in the woods. But it for sure works a lot better watching it all at once.

robodex
Jun 6, 2007

"Great... more tapes. My bf and I said exactly the same thing about two seconds before Jay did.

robodex
Jun 6, 2007

Marble Hornets Season 3: Another Season of Flashbacks

robodex
Jun 6, 2007

Atoramos posted:

Actually I remember this too. Can someone check the commentary for Entry 10? Quite sure that's where this is coming from, but I'm not at home to check my own disks.

Considering KicksYouInHalf is one of the MH people, I doubt it was actually said.

robodex
Jun 6, 2007

The Slenderseries... are merging :ohdear:

robodex
Jun 6, 2007

I'm personally looking forward to the cracked.com article "5 weird things you should never say to the guys from Marble Hornets"

robodex
Jun 6, 2007

IUG posted:

Freaky thing to me, but who's watching Tim?

Not the best shot, but I couldn't get a better frame. In motion they look brighter and look like eyes.

I noticed this as well when I watched it last night, although I thought I was just somehow not seeing anything since there wasn't any sort of screen tearing or anything.

\/\/ Really? I thought it was a "thing" in MH that every time Slendy was close/about to appear there was screen tearing... I can't think of any instance where there's been an obvious (or subtle) sighting and there was no tearing.

robodex fucked around with this message at 20:59 on May 7, 2012

robodex
Jun 6, 2007

This could have just been a random coincidence, but anyone notice in the scene where jay is climbing out of the maintenance shaft the camera focused on a cigarette butt? Tim smokes :ohdear:

robodex
Jun 6, 2007

gently caress sometime between seeing the new video on my phone and coming upstairs the video was marked as private :argh:

robodex
Jun 6, 2007

I thought Jay had an iPhone? :saddowns:

\/\/ MY DISBELIEF, IT HAS BEEN UNSUSPENDED :argh:

(I guess it's feasible that while running from an otherworldly hellmonster Jay could have upgraded his handset with his provider? :v:)

robodex fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Aug 9, 2012

robodex
Jun 6, 2007

My question is... If Jay dies, who's going to post the final entry? :ohdear:

robodex
Jun 6, 2007

Theory: Jay has already been replaced with someone else. Proof: his phone has changed :ohdear:

robodex
Jun 6, 2007

Real post: keep in mind Jay has been an unreliable narrator before; for all we know the big twist could be that he was actually making the updates, then tried to cover it up by claiming he was "hacked."

robodex
Jun 6, 2007

Apparently Lost Girl had a slendy-like monster in last night's episode--anyone see it?

robodex
Jun 6, 2007

Suspension of disbelief v:shobon:v

robodex
Jun 6, 2007

Troy posted the original earlier today on his Twitter. Maybe this is also a way of saying they're working on the next entry?

robodex
Jun 6, 2007

DicktheCat posted:

Sooooooo.... Has anyone pointed out that a Slenderman movie might end up copyrighting the term? Or that, the MH team won't be able to use the name "Marble Hornets" anymore because some fuckhead in Hollywood owns the IP?

Seriously, if they aren't careful, that's the kind of thing that could happen. (Not just this specifically, but several other similar things.)

Hell, whoever ends up owning this stuff might go around making people like EMH take down their videos, so on and so forth.

I think they say explicitly on the blog post linked earlier that this won't be the case. Even if someone does copyright it (they can't) there's so much past work that it would never hold up in court.

robodex
Jun 6, 2007

Wil Wheaten confirmed as the role of Jay in Marble Hornets: The Movie

robodex
Jun 6, 2007

KicksYouInHalf posted:

No problem and thanks for the well wishes, it's been a very weird trip.

We'll have to agree to disagree about this season though. It seems to me that it is more that you guys have become desensitized to the series and bitter about our frustratingly sporadic updates. Take a break and give it a shot after a while, we won't be offended. We want our fans to legitimately enjoy the series, not watch it out of some weird self-imposed obligation. If someone has really grown to hate our series I'd rather they just do what I do when I don't like stuff but still want to know what happens, google it when it is done. Saves so much time.

FWIW I've had much more enjoyment waiting 3-4 months between watching the show and then watching 2-3 episodes at once rather than waiting for the updates, so I sort of agree. My appreciation of S2 was made a lot better by watching it on DVD, too.

robodex
Jun 6, 2007

It's almost as if the Marble Hornets people have lives outside of making videos??

robodex
Jun 6, 2007

my favorite part about this episode is how they proved they can still make an exciting episode where literally nothing happens (aside from Jay being dead I guess)

robodex
Jun 6, 2007

Brian got hot

robodex
Jun 6, 2007

So the rest of S3 is still coming out on Youtube right? I remember it being rumored it was DVD-only but I can't remember if it was debunked or not :ohdear:

robodex
Jun 6, 2007

KicksYouInHalf posted:

Fox News: delivering stories that hit harder than a Uwe Boll right hook.

I really hope your life doesn't become hellish with constant interview/comment requests :(

robodex
Jun 6, 2007

I know I'm not getting to sleep tonight the night of April 7th

robodex
Jun 6, 2007

Just watched it as well. It was a decent by the numbers found footage movie, but I felt the special effects kinda... Cheapened it? Part of the charm of MH was it was low budget and the special effects just felt too high tech.

Still, it was entertaining.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

robodex
Jun 6, 2007

Probably a new series, considering they have a patreon for it.

• Locked thread