Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain_Indigo
Jul 29, 2007

"That’s cheating! You know the rules: once you sacrifice something here, you don’t get it back!"

Need a character entry for SkiMasky - I mean we know practically nothing, but still!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain_Indigo
Jul 29, 2007

"That’s cheating! You know the rules: once you sacrifice something here, you don’t get it back!"

The DVDs are also a great excuse to get other people in on it in time for series 3. Viewing parties for Marble Hornets are great with the right people and the lights off. People start off all "yeah so WHEN does this get scary exactly?" and "So does anything ever happen?" and after a few videos people get hooked.

Except for the legions of people who don't, and will no doubt soon flood to the thread to inform us how we're scaredy babies for enjoying this and its poo poo and its poo poo for lovely babies.

Captain_Indigo
Jul 29, 2007

Whaaat? I was really proud of "Hello? Operator?" because I'm not actually funny in real life.

I honestly don't understand all the hate that Slenderman stuff gets. Yes, it has become a thing people talk about - but its generally confined to its own threads or threads talking about paranormal stuff or 'PYF thing that scares you'. Heaven forbid someone mentions Marble Hornets somewhere between the twentieth and thirtieth reference to number stations.

Captain_Indigo
Jul 29, 2007

I predict its an eyes-wide-shut party, but with Masky masks instead of the white ones.

Captain_Indigo
Jul 29, 2007

a debaser posted:

I hope next we get a play by play on Jay trying to get his waiter's attention at Applebees.

@Marblehornets posted
The chickenwings have arrived. They're not Tim.

Captain_Indigo
Jul 29, 2007

Just out of curiosity - who writes the twitter feed? I always just presumed it was Jay's actor because I picture this stuff happening to Jay, but that's obviously a fairly silly way of doing it, so I'm guessing it's Troy?

Captain_Indigo
Jul 29, 2007

drat it! I meant does Troy or the guy who plays Alex?

Captain_Indigo
Jul 29, 2007

The old woman has never been in it before - ergo, she's skimasky. Wrap it up guys, I've got this solved.

Captain_Indigo
Jul 29, 2007

I really hope we never get a Slendy origin story, but I think WHY Slendy is involved and his/her/it's motivations are really important - if they weren't included by the end then I would definitely feel a bit ripped-off. Well not ripped off, hours of entertainment for free and all that, but you know what I mean.

That's an interesting point actually, I think I touched on it in the last thread. What do people want from this series?

Personally
-Explanation of TTA - who they are? Why they did what they did?
-Explanation of why Alex/Tim/Jay/Slendy behaved the way they did at various points, beyond "they were crazy".
-Ski-masky reveal.
-Jessica/Amy reveal.

Captain_Indigo
Jul 29, 2007

I know this has been covered before, but I've forgotten the answer. Where does the term Operator come from?

Captain_Indigo
Jul 29, 2007

Loved the entry, thought the acting was actually very good - the punch was fine considering it came from a sick dude at a strange angle who probably didn't Reeeeally want to punch Jay anyway.

My only concern is that the "I have amnesia" plotline is going to be the final excuse to not explain half of what Masky did in S1 and S2. That's like, the pivotal thing for me regarding the ending I think. I can swallow that he panicked the first time Jay showed up and just went for him, but there are multiple attacks through the rest of the project where I'd like some kind of explanation. Was he working for Alex? Did he think Jay was working for Alex? How did he find them at the hotel? Stuff like that.

Captain_Indigo
Jul 29, 2007

When Jay was down at the end of the tunnel before teh frightening bit, I couldn't help but see the video as a first-person point and click Lucasarts adventure game.

Examine Medical Papers
"Headaches....insomnia....wait....these documents go back to 1995...hmmm"
Take Medical Papers
"I'll examine these in further detail back at the hotel."
Take Pipe
"I can't pick that up!"
Take Doll

Also, after Jay climbs the pipe and sees The Operator, he turns and runs away, then a few seconds later The Operator appears in front of him. Is this Slendeportation or did Jay turn around again to find him right behind him? I couldn't tell from the video.

Captain_Indigo
Jul 29, 2007

Right now I honestly think Skimasky is probably Amy. I dont know if we'll ever find out what happened to Jessica - and Skimasky can't be Tim, Jay or Alex due to being in the same place at the same time.

Captain_Indigo
Jul 29, 2007

You have to get out right now...the tweets are coming from inside your new phone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain_Indigo
Jul 29, 2007

I liked the opaque eyes. I think it was supposed to be the affect of night-vision combined with having a layer of semi-transparent material over the eyes.

• Locked thread